Peakview Research

View Peakview Research's Comments BY TICKER:
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    Thanks Bob for the correction. That is Barbour and not "Burbour". For god's sake Bob, it is 3 AM in the morning here in my area of the US, if you are from this good ol' country, what are you doing up? Or are you just an early riser on that EST?

Anyways, would you please provide additional insights into why he is a great leader? I've heard many good things about him! (as mentioned in the article...) I have to wake up in 4 hours for work so please respond quickly.
    Mar 8, 2013. 04:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whirlpool: Why It's Important to Read the Footnotes [View article]
    I love reading your articles! How embarrassing it must be for tag.
    Mar 2, 2013. 02:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Toy Story For Every Investor [View article]
    Thanks for the clarification. I agree with you that LF has solid products with great potential, but I continue to maintain that buying LF based on macro numbers is a dangerous game. Yes, spending has increased, but INCOME has decreased.

Anyways, I think LF's biggest mistake besides poor execution is that they did not start building their educational "ecosystem" earlier on, so instead of building their competitive advantage, people preceived LF products as toys with a educational twist instead of an essential educational product, which one reason why sales dropped by such a huge amount a few years ago. I think their new focus is good, and creates more upside optionality.

I'm bringing up all these negative points because you have to understand why the market is pricing LF at such low multiples. And you need to address that.
    Mar 1, 2013. 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Toy Story For Every Investor [View article]
    Jpc, I think you're misunderstanding me here. I stated in comments above that I am LONG LF, and also that the only saving grace for the company is it's strong products, so I do appreciate that "its all about the kids". I'm not picking a fight. Why is it that counterpoints are viewed as an attempt to "fight"?

Unlike the author and most people here, I disagree that we will see explosive growth because the history simply does not support it. The company has always had great products that kids and parents love. They have always tried to expand abroad - in fact their current distribution in foreign markets isn't as strong as it was, say, 5 years ago. Poor execution has killed this company, so I see some optionality on the upside when they finally bring in strong management. They have no debt, lots of cash, and brandname to carry them through the risk that current management is another group of turds.
    Mar 1, 2013. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Toy Story For Every Investor [View article]
    I understand your point, but my point is that you are starting with the big picture and ignoring factors that actually impacts the company, like the company's dependence on Walmart and Walmart forecasted weak sales. Don't you think this will impact LF more then a very general idea that consumer spending will increase? The other point is that you don't understand this company at all, and need to do more research before you tell other people what to buy.

Jaginger, I only disagree respectfully since it is only through debate that we improve. Besides, he claims to be a professional.

Good points but I disagree with 2 and 7. 2 - growth is coming off from multiple years of losses. You need to discount that. 7 - maybe the new CEO is the it guy, but this company is a revolving door for executives! It's biggest weakness is poor management and execution, their only saving grace is strong brand name and award winning products.
    Feb 28, 2013. 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Toy Story For Every Investor [View article]
    I'm long LF. But this article is poorly research and argued:

1. "A better job market, gains in personal income, low interest rates, rising home prices, and a rising stock market are keeping consumers in stores."... You started with a bunch of macro data as if this will trickle down to LF. Obviously you are not aware of Walmart's weak sales forecast and the fact that Walmart is the big 3 distributor for LF that makes up the bulk of LF's sales.

2. "CEO, John Barbour, has the Company jumping into foreign languages as he expects huge growth in foreign markets. They have created a combination of award-winning, easy-to-use hardware," - None of this is new, they are been at this for years!
    Feb 28, 2013. 11:29 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Liquidity Analysis Of Agricultural Chemical Companies [View article]
    Yes, I'm asking Seeking Alpha to edit it. For the time being, please ignore the charts.
    Feb 25, 2013. 11:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Liquidity Analysis Of Agricultural Chemical Companies [View article]
    Sorry, no opinion on the MLPs or any of the companies mentioned in the article. I picked these company's for demonstration purposes only for liquidity analysis. My interest begin by evaluating CF, but decided to pass for various reasons. I've looked briefly at the competition and decided to pass as well. I don't like to invest in non-growth, highly cyclical industries after huge run ups in profits. Maybe there are winners in that space, but I've since moved on.
    Feb 24, 2013. 09:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CF Industries: Undervalued Market Leader [View article]
    Oh look, an arrogant talking head who is demanding respect from beginners on SA - surely not an indication of wisdom. Good day, Mr. Dumass!
    Feb 24, 2013. 08:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog's Threats And Opportunities Are Widely Misunderstood [View article]
    Good comment, but it is NOT "purchased throughout the year", since 80% of sales are made in the last 2 quarters. The company will post loses for the 1st quarters.
    Feb 20, 2013. 01:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog's Threats And Opportunities Are Widely Misunderstood [View article]
    Its not "just an obversation"! It can be much more valuable than technical sell-side jargon.
    Feb 20, 2013. 01:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog's Threats And Opportunities Are Widely Misunderstood [View article]
    Either you just copied the comment above or you have multiple accounts.
    Feb 20, 2013. 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog's Threats And Opportunities Are Widely Misunderstood [View article]
    "Do you seriously believe parents are upgrading their tablets that often that they have spares to give to their kids"

Yep. The market for old tablet is huge and growing. Many people also place their old tablets and smart phones in a drawer and forget about it.

"but the ones currently on the market either have terrible reviews or are little more than cheap tablets with no real kid's content."

Nope. Look up Vtech's competiting tablet. Look up its reviews on Amazon, on blogs, and forums.

That said, LF looks like a great long opportunity. I'm still carefully studying the situation.
    Feb 20, 2013. 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Franklin Resources' Rally Is Approaching Its Peak [View article]
    I'm not sure what I've read, but faulty logic and framework often leads to poor predictions and investment results.
    Feb 13, 2013. 02:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dell: The Art Of The Steal [View article]
    Thanks for the different view!
    Feb 9, 2013. 05:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment