Peakview Research

View Peakview Research's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Unfortunately, I don't agree with your statement that "The market is an efficient discounting mechanism", at least not in the short-term which this article is referring to.

People take long and short positions in the market, and somebody is right and somebody is wrong - there is no reason or evidence that the margin trade price (which establishes the price) is the correct one. If you're an investor and not a speculator, you don't think about buying or selling your shares based Bill Miller's interview, or whether AAPL will release the TV this quarter or the next. If you are deeply concerned about these things, you are a speculator.
    Mar 18 11:08 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Investing In Apple Is Riskier Than You Think [View article]
    I'm not sure why I would use cheap tricks on anybody. I own AAPL shares. Why is everyone so hostile?
    Mar 20 11:06 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Premium Company, Dirt-Cheap Stock [View article]
    If you believe AAPL will go to 300, I suggest you short the stock. I think our interests are aligned given 1) I will be a net buyer if prices continues to decrease, and 2) AAPL is a net buyer with their stock buyback program, so it is in my interest that the stock goes down as low as possible. At 300, Apple should aggressively ramp up their repurchase program to $100 billion by selling off market securities (treasuries and such), repatrating foreign cash, leverage their balance sheet (they have amazing cash flow and 0 debt, so they can easily take advantage of the historically low interest rate market).

Tim Cook, are you reading this? Lets not wait for $300, lets do it now. Announce a 10% one-time special dividend and up your current stock repurchase program by 5x.
    Feb 6 12:16 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CF Industries: Inside The Numbers [View article]
    Thanks for the article, Jeff, but I think it is too focused on crunching numbers. I just began looking into this company / industry so please excuse my lack of education in this area. Could you please address the following questions (most of them derived from your article):
    1. You said "Over the past three years, CF Industries has acquired more total assets than total liabilities. This indicates that the company not has been financing its assets through debt." This is simply not true since ST + LT Debt has increased by ~USD1.6 billion over the past 3 years. In the year that it has acquired Terra, total debt has increased by USD2.6 billion.
    2. You need to adjust earnings/cash flow/revenue/asset growth down for the 2010 acquisition, and the non controlling interests associated with Terra (and who knows what else).
    3. Since 2005, operating maring has flucuated between -9% to 57%. You should touch more on any important cycles out there. Obviously food storage and natural gas prices has a lot to do with it + other factors that I am missing. You're focus on 3 year performance is meaningless since it isn't long enough to cover complete cycles.
    4. Good will is $2 billion on a $5.5 total equity position... you're paying a lot per tangible book for a capital intensive company like CF. As a comparision, MOS's is $1.9 billion Goodwill on $13 billin equity.

I believe my points demonstrate why it is pointless to plug and chug data like you did in your article. Please disagree. Lets continue this converation with facts and reasonings so we can reach a better conclusion.
    Feb 6 06:08 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Investing In Apple Is Riskier Than You Think [View article]
    Thanks, this is exactly the type of comment I'm looking for! Thoughful and adds value.

When I write positive articles on Apple, its like a rally party gone wild in the comment section and everybody is my friend. Then I throw in a negative piece to balance out my thinking and I get hammered. I'm not looking for compliments or complaints, I just want thoughtful comments like this.
    Mar 20 11:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Investing In Apple Is Riskier Than You Think [View article]
    Sorry Larry, I would not invest you either as an income generating asset

We can still be friends though.
    Mar 20 10:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Thanks for following! Actually, I take it back that you have not contributed anything. Indeed you have contributed to my to my thinking and new SA policy: do not engage in flame wars; respond only to readers who has added something of value; ignore trolls. It was nicing fanning the flame, but I'll just end it right here ; )
    Mar 18 02:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Greetings Toucalit Benton or Art Papartassee,

I remain confused by your lack of point here. You are certainly right that you are "lacking credentials", and I'll take your advice to view your comments as for "entertainment" only. Since you questioned my qualifications in another comment, and since I write annoymously, I'll disclose that I am a young investment professional with experience trading derivatives and making private equity investments, hold a CFA, and graduated from an Ivy with honors. Go take your condesending and snide comments elsewhere if you are unwilling to add anything of substance, which I have requested multiple times.

Best regards.
    Mar 18 01:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    I'm not an expert on pricing and will leave it with the experts at LF. However, to me at least, I wouldn't mind paying $15 for an app that my children can productively interact with for tens of hours. I would not for the the sake of saving $14 give my children a crappy eduational app to lead them astray. Many parents seem to agree with me.

However, if you search for leapfrog on your iPad or iPhone, you will find many competitively priced apps on there.
    Mar 8 04:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Toy Story For Every Investor [View article]
    I'm long LF. But this article is poorly research and argued:

1. "A better job market, gains in personal income, low interest rates, rising home prices, and a rising stock market are keeping consumers in stores."... You started with a bunch of macro data as if this will trickle down to LF. Obviously you are not aware of Walmart's weak sales forecast and the fact that Walmart is the big 3 distributor for LF that makes up the bulk of LF's sales.

2. "CEO, John Barbour, has the Company jumping into foreign languages as he expects huge growth in foreign markets. They have created a combination of award-winning, easy-to-use hardware," - None of this is new, they are been at this for years!
    Feb 28 11:29 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CF Industries: Undervalued Market Leader [View article]
    Oh look, an arrogant talking head who is demanding respect from beginners on SA - surely not an indication of wisdom. Good day, Mr. Dumass!
    Feb 24 08:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Money Back: A Desperate Act? [View article]
    "Simply asking a question"? Sure, your title didn't imply anything at all. Are you clueless? Just a simple question.
    Mar 19 12:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Hold On Tight And Don't Play Wall Street's Game [View article]
    Shorting Apple is like running at full spead, head first, into a brick wall - a brick wall of cash that is.
    Mar 18 03:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: A Critical View From A Long Investor [View article]
    Why would do we that? I'd rather play you in a game of poker - at least there is more skills involved in poker playing than guessing where the stock price will be in a few months.

Also, I'm pretty sure my article lifted the stock by 2.45% today vs. less than 50 bps for the broader market. Right? Right?
    Mar 8 05:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Liquidity Analysis Of Agricultural Chemical Companies [View article]
    Yes, I'm asking Seeking Alpha to edit it. For the time being, please ignore the charts.
    Feb 25 11:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment