View as an RSS Feed
View Peter Epstein's Articles BY TICKER:
Pershing Gold Remains On Track For 2015 Gold Production
- Pershing Gold's June 23rd corporate update provides useful information, including the possible discovery of a new gold/silver zone 2 miles north of Relief Canyon.
- Company remains on track for first production next year with some analysts calling for 80k ounces of gold per year as soon as 2016.
- Pershing is unique in the small amount of remaining capital required to reach production and its 100% owned, built and permitted heap leach facilities.
Weak Short Thesis Creates Buying Opportunity In Torchlight Energy
- An SA article on June 8 paints a very negative thesis on Torchlight Energy, but in my opinion the information is mostly irrelevant to Torchlight's prospects.
- Comparing a producing, U.S. company to an entire class of fraudulent Chinese RTOs is baseless, making me question the thesis.
- Pointing to accumulated losses and going concern language as highly significant for a start-up company is misleading as most start-ups have these characteristics initially.
- Torchlight has multiple analysts and industry partners that support it.
Nevada's Gold Standard Ventures, Interview Of CEO Jonathan Awde
- GSV controls a substantial land package located within the most prolific gold mining belt in the Western Hemisphere – the Carlin Gold Trend, Nevada.
- For the FIRST TIME, the southern portion of the Carlin Trend is being explored with modern technology, without constraints due to surface, water or mineral rights.
- Near-term catalysts include drill results in June/July and a NI 43-101 compliant resource report on Pinion by end of July, a potential game changer in the understanding of the deposit.
In-Depth Interview Of CEO James Anderson, NuLegacy Gold-- Nevada, USA
- NuLegacy Gold is earning into a 70% interest in the Iceberg deposit, one of Barrick Gold's prized Cortez Trend (Nevada) properties.
- The Iceberg deposit is on Trend with 3 world-class Barrick properties that contain from 15-21 million ounces of gold each.
- Minimal equity dilution necessary if, as expected, Barrick elects to clawback a 70% interest in Iceberg, leaving Nulegacy Gold with a 30% interest that's carried to commercial production by Barrick!
- Strong and very experienced management team for a junior company with a market cap of just US$ 13.6 million.
Latest Thoughts From Graphite Guru Simon Moores
- Graphite prices are indicated higher with list prices up as much as 30%.
- China's crackdown on small inefficient and/or larger polluting graphite mines likely to have a meaningful impact on supply.
- Syrah Resources's two off-take agreements are BIG news, not necessarily appreciated by the market.
- Tesla giga-factory news important, but China's move to restrict supply more important.
Graphite One Resources, Massive U.S., Near-Surface, High-Grade Deposit
- Graphite One Resources has a Major Graphite project of almost 300 million metric tonnes in Alaska that's high-grade and at surface.
- Based on peer company Preliminary Economic Assessments, Graphite One's project COULD have a Net Present Value, "NPV" in the hundred(s) of million(s) of dollars.
- Despite very favorable attributes, Graphite One trades at a 70% discount to peers and its market cap of just US$ 19 million is a small fraction of its prospective NPV.
- Unlike peer natural resource projects around the world, Graphite One has a chance of obtaining a State of Alaska loan covering more than half of development costs.
American Sands Energy, First Mover In U.S. Oil Sands Extraction
- An interview with CEO William Gibbs of American Sands Energy Corp. (AMSE), poised to become one of the first U.S. oil sand producers.
- American Sands Energy has leased a large oil sands deposit in Utah, and expects to be producing at a run rate of 5,000 barrels of oil per day by 2016.
- The company's proprietary licensed technology uses no water, and therefore, requires no tailings ponds.
- Company projections estimate full-year 2017 EBITDA could reach $39.4 million, assuming a conservative $80/barrel WTI price. Current WTI spot price is $104/barrel.
- Upon successful completion of a 5,000 barrels of oil per day operation, AMSE plans to build a 50,000 barrel facility within 4-5 years.
Graphite One, Leading U.S. Graphite Play With Massive High-Grade Deposit
- Very substantial news in Graphite sector, great for Graphite One and peers.
- Largest high-grade, predominately large-flake, graphite project in North America.
- Graphite outcrops at surface, shallow deposit suggests low operating costs and robust economics.
PDAC Interview With Mickey Fulp, The Mercenary Geologist, Mickey Likes Copper!
- Fulp continues to like the uranium sector and recently released a new uranium pick to free subscribers.
- Copper supply / demand fundamentals might be tighter than many think.
- Fulp discusses the two copper names that he likes best.
The New Rango Energy Ready To Rock And Roll
- New management team and highly significant oil & gas portfolio through game-changing joint venture.
- Rango could exit the year at 300-400 boe/day (net to company), roughly $10 million (after royalties) of annual revenue for a company with a market cap of $10 million.
- Attractive mix of low and high risk, conventional & unconventional and short & long-term projects.
- Initial production this year, aggressive growth from 2015 on.
- Pershing Gold: Strong Drill Results, Insider Buying And New Research Coverage
- Interview With Uranium Expert Mickey Fulp, He Loves Energy Fuels Inc.
- Energy Fuels Inc: An Under-Appreciated Nuclear Renaissance Story
- Pershing Gold Reports 2nd Set Of Strong Drill Results
- High-Grade Drill Holes De-Risk And Enhance Pershing Gold
- Pershing Gold Takes Big Steps Forward As Peers Stall
- Passport Potash's Low-Cost Project Stands Out In Potash Sector Meltdown
- Pershing Gold's Low-Cost, Low-Risk Project In Mining Friendly Nevada Is A Winner
- What Do Home Building And Natural Gas Have To Do With Gold?
- MGT Capital, Lottery Ticket Or Prudent Risk-Adjusted Play?
- Pershing Gold Continues To Shine, Especially Compared To Peers
- Bullfrog Gold Achieves Strong Drill Results
- Exclusive Interview With Pershing Gold's Stephen Alfers
- Bullfrog: This Junior Gold Company Poised To Leapfrog Peers
- Natural Resource Partners Delivers What Investors Asked For
- Pershing Gold, Nearing Production And Huge Exploration Upside
- Pershing Gold Exiting 2012 On A High Note
- 2013 Consensus Coal Estimates: Comparing A Year Ago Vs. Today
- Coal Stocks Hit Hard In November: Buying Opportunity?
- Natural Resource Partners: Get Paid To Wait With This MLP Yielding 12.6%
- Alliance Resource Partners: Buy This Coal MLP Below $60
- Arizona, The Next Big Thing In Potash: Grow Your Portfolio With This Potash Junior