Peter Epstein

View Peter Epstein's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Capitalizing On Cannabis: Key Addition To GrowLife Management Team Solidifies Story [View article]
    I hear guesses that TWD will trade at $2-$4 per share tomorrow.

How many shares outstanding? Thanks!
    Apr 3 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks fidelissemper

Anyone know what the market valuation is of Tweed? I think it's a private company going public soon in Canada? Thanks again.
    Apr 3 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great article as always Alan.

While providing the picks & shovels is always a great way to play an industry, what about the actual cultivators of medical marijuana? Does anyone know of any pure-play cultivators? Shouldn't cultivators have higher margins than picks & shovels providers? Albeit, clearly cultivators would have higher risk as well.

Is it still all mom and pops cultivating? Thanks Alan and anyone who can help me learn more about this sector.
    Apr 3 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Rango Energy Ready To Rock And Roll [View article]
    hartsook57,

Bob Harrell and I spent a lot of time on this interview. I can say with 100% conviction that he did not see this coming. And, I can assure you that I did not see this coming. The Board of Rango Energy believes that they have a highly compelling business opportunity that's superior to their oil & gas prospects. Further, the Board believes that they can not fund both a new business model and the Rango-INNEX joint venture opportunity.

As far as the next line of business that Rango is pursuing, that's not been announced, but I presume it will be announced within a few days.
    Apr 2 07:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Uranium Plays: Don't Overlook The Little Guys [View article]
    Please follow me on Twitter: @peterepstein2

Peninsula Energy and Powertech Uranium both are overlooked and oversold. Both have U.S. ISR projects just like URZ, URG and UEC do. Both trade at significant valuation discounts to peer U.S. ISR players URZ, URG and UEC.

I like Powertech more than Peninsula simply because I think there's more upside in the stock. Peninsula could comfortably double, but I'm hoping for a 3x-5x return on Powertech Uranium over the next 2 years. High risk = High Return...
    Mar 19 09:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Passport Potash's Low-Cost Project Stands Out In Potash Sector Meltdown [View article]
    I still hold PPI. Everything went out the window on the Russian/Belarusian news in late July, 2013. I think PPI has a great deposit, but it has to reinvent itself with the new reality of the industry. I believe they have some good ideas to do so.
    Mar 18 10:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Uranium Plays: Don't Overlook The Little Guys [View article]
    Well done article.

Mega Uranium had quite a run since my article in November. The stock went from 6c to 40c before pulling back to about 30c now....

I think investors are going to wait for the uranium price to move by a few dollars/lb before we see another big move in the sector.

My new favorite name, (oversold and under-appreciated) is Powertech Uranium. I'm working on an article on Powertech for late this week or early next week....
    Mar 18 10:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Graphite One, Leading U.S. Graphite Play With Massive High-Grade Deposit [View article]
    I like GPH.v / GPHOF on this minor pullback. Presumably, a lot of the 12.5c warrants are probably being exercised. As some of those shares get sold and that overhang is worked off I think the stock will be well positioned for another upswing.

Notice the trading volume here! This is an important factor in my opinion.

Average 30-day trading volume (as per Bloomberg) of [GPH.v + GPHOF] = 2.1 million shares, which happens to be equal to the combined average 30-day trading volume of....

Focus Graphite, 250k shares
    Northern Graphite Corp, 150k
    Flinders Resources, 315k
    Mason Graphite, 460k
    Zenyatta, 240k
    Syrah Resources, 380k
    Energizer Resources, 325k
    Mar 18 10:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    LisaE asks about graphite markets possibly being similar to coal markets, i.e. having a distinct Pacific and Atlantic market.

I think that Graphite supply might develop that way, yes. However, graphite prices are 10x-20x higher than coal prices, so the graphite will certainly travel far and wide. I think that a a key determining factor will increasingly be security of supply, (is it coming from a safe jurisdiction) and security of delivery (consistent, on time).

Graphite from China to the south west U.S takes 4-8 weeks. From Alaska, it will take 1-2 weeks. End users will demand diversified sourcing away from places like China, Mozambique or Madagascar. U.S and Canadian sources of graphite will be prized.

Bottom line: there's a very real possibility that the demand side of the equation could be much stronger than market participants believed. In that case, there will be more than enough demand for multiple global graphite companies / projects.
    Mar 17 09:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • PDAC Interview With Mickey Fulp, The Mercenary Geologist, Mickey Likes Copper! [View article]
    The dip in UUUU was a big one. Bounced back nicely at the end of the week.
    Mar 15 03:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pony01,

I like Flinders as well. The Mercenary Geologist, Mickey Fulp, who I respect very much in the natural resource space, is a long-term investor in Flinders Resources.

I think that if the Graphite names really take off, for example like some of the Athabasca Uranium juniors, than GPH.v / GPHOF has a lot of room to run. Not sure how much room, but I would not be surprised to see C$0.30/share this Spring.
    As Graphite One continues to de-risk its project, the current market cap in the low-to-mid US$20 millions is not a constraint, as several peers have market caps of $30mm to $100 million or more (Zenyatta & Syrah).

While probably not imminent, I think that GPH will be an attractive takeover target down the road, perhaps next year's business. And, I think next year investors can start to watch for news of off-take agreement(s).
    Mar 15 03:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    peakview,

Yes, I should have mentioned the Focus Graphite off-take agreement. From that company's press release in December, quote,

"On December 20, 2013, Focus Graphite made graphite mining history by securing a 10-year off-take agreement with a Chinese industrial conglomerate for the purchase of up to 40,000 tonnes per year of Lac Knifeā€™s concentrate production."

In my mind, the Graphite players of note, (based largely on market caps of US$ 20 million or more) are Focus, Syrah Resources, Zenyatta Ventures, Mason Graphite, Energizer Resources, Flinders Resources, Northern Graphite Corp and Triton Minerals.

I'm sure I left out a few worthy names, I'm open to suggestions! I also like Big North Graphite and Alabama Graphite, both smaller market caps.
    Mar 15 01:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Many Graphite stocks are up far more than GPH.v / GPHOF in the past few weeks. I like Graphite One's market cap of approximately US$ 23 million. Right in the sweet spot. Big enough, with fairly strong trading liquidity, to be an appealing vehicle for exposure to Graphite, but not so large that the upside starts to get capped.

Look at Syrah Resources, now sporting a $500 million market cap!

I think that the handful of serious emerging Graphite plays have room to trade at market caps of US$50-US$100 million. A lot of news, commentary and analysis to digest on Graphite One / Tesla / Syrah Resources, but the bottom line is that recent news COULD BE a game-changer for the Graphite sector. No one knows for sure, but an increasing number of pundits think that we could be in the midst of a paradigm shift.

Said another way, I'm hoping that GPH.v has price support around 19c and that underlying Graphite prices have found a bottom. My guess it that the answer to those 2 questions is yes.
    Mar 14 02:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Rango Energy Ready To Rock And Roll [View article]
    I don't see it reflecting poorly on the Rango management team. Rango was not the operator, there was (and is) nothing they can do about it. The well is not abandoned, it's "suspended." Sorry for the loose description.

The casing was floated 71 feet. That's what happened...A major energy services company made the error.
    Mar 13 08:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Fuels Inc: An Under-Appreciated Nuclear Renaissance Story [View article]
    bullish Reuters article on Chinese nuclear power development...

Mar 12 08:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment