Peter Epstein

View Peter Epstein's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Falco Resources Blazing Ahead On Flagship Project, Leaving Peers Behind [View article]
    You have accurately articulated the story. May 20th is by no means too late to comment. Please comment again. I continue to feel strongly about Falco.
    May 20, 2015. 01:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lithium Demand Could Spike More Than Many Believe [View instapost]
    Supply is always a risk, yes. However, where do you think new supply will come from in say the next 3 years? Supply can't come on rapidly if growth in demand really takes off. The players in the lithium triangle appear to be inept and constrained in some cases from producing more lithium. The juniors in the U.S. are still years away from production. ORE.AX is a good one to watch. I take your point though.
    May 19, 2015. 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Key Takeaways From Neonode's Most Recent Quarter [View article]
    Neon's been a great score for me. I bought at the cery low and sold at the very high!

Just kidding!, I love when commenters claim such nonsense.
    I did buy at a price where I'm up comfrotably in an otherwise complacent stock market.
    Keep the ideas coming Daniel.
    May 13, 2015. 11:14 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Neonode Will Be In Style This Year [View article]
    Whatever anyone has to say about NEON. Look at 5-day stock chart. On April 2nd, the stock was at $3.17, 5 days later (April 9th) it closed at $3.94, up 24%.

This author is on my double secret watch list!
    Apr 9, 2015. 07:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CEO Interview: Gold Resource Corp. Leveraged To Gold Price Rebound [View article]
    List of companies down more than 40% from 52-week highs, I could have listed more, AND I searched from the highest market cap on down....all tickers Toronto Board listed or NYSE listed unless indicated..

CNL, BTO, NGD, TGX, HMY, PVG, RRL:AX, CGG, PPP, CDE, SAND, DPM, SEA, MUX, AR, BDR:AX, AKG, RSG:AX, GBU, TGD....there are many more.

None of these are yielding 4% as far as I could tell. Of course, most have no dividend at all. I feel that a lot, but certainly not all, of GORO's many problems are behind them. 12c/annual dividend is covered 4x-5x to 1 with cash on balance sheet.
    Mar 31, 2015. 01:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Barrick Gold A Candidate For Bankruptcy? [View article]
    If ABX has bank debt with onerous debt covenants, that could be a problem. But, the longer-term debt is not a problem in and of itself.

debt maturities and breaching debt covenants is when bankruptcy should be considered. Anyone know where the CDS of ANV is trading?
    Mar 17, 2015. 07:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Investment Case For Gold Resource Corp.: A Minority Report [View article]
    I always say there's a huge chasm between companies actually in production and those that say they will be in production "soon" or "next year" a world of difference. GORO is already over every hump, but needs a higher gold price. That higher gold price is coming given that little exploration and development is being done due to lack of investment capital...And to be clear, even without a higher gold price this year, I'm happy to hold the 4% yield.

Those who are not bullish, please sell Goro, I will be buying at lower levels!
    Mar 17, 2015. 11:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Investment Case For Gold Resource Corp.: A Minority Report [View article]
    GORO is no Allied Nevada (ANV)

$30 million of cash on the balance sheet is worth its weight in gold! If the $30 million were held as pennies.
    Mar 17, 2015. 08:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Investment Case For Gold Resource Corp.: A Minority Report [View article]
    $30 million of cash for dividends and share buybacks
    Mar 15, 2015. 04:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Investment Case For Gold Resource Corp.: A Minority Report [View article]
    Great article. I love GORO as well, Disclosure: I own shares of Goro.

I think the company is comfortably covering its $0.01/month dividend and has $30 million in cash on the balance sheet. This 4% yield is very safe, and as the author notes, the dividend could be raised as soon as this year.

I imagine very few gold or silver companies, large and small are paying an annual 4% dividend yield.
    Mar 15, 2015. 01:54 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Galane Gold Trading Near Cash Value Despite Production Of Up To 50k Oz This Year [View article]
    tonyconnolly,

I agree that if Galane had significant bankruptcy risk, then the risk/reward of the investment would not make sense.

Why do you think the company is near bankruptcy?
    Mar 15, 2015. 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Look, there are hundreds of junior gold companies who are not even in production yet. Yes, Galane's costs are not the best, but they are probably coming down due to the crash in oil prices. According to the latest Fraser Institute report, Botswana is one of the top 2 African countries to invest in, (still Africa though).

What % gain do you think you would get if the gold price ended the year at $1,600/oz, 50%? Galane stock could be up 200%. A small position in Galane and other small cap producing companies is not a terrible idea. One last thing, in speaking with Galane management, acquisitions are increasingly on their radar screen. If Galane can acquires some highly distressed gold assets, that might be a bid deal for the company. Ravi Sood is a deal maker.
    Mar 13, 2015. 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cel-Sci's Cancer Immunotherapy In Phase III Is Value Opportunity [View article]
    I believe this is your 3rd article on CVM, from this one I quote,

"For example, Kite Pharma (NASDAQ:KITE), working on a drug for head and neck, should be a fair comparable to Cel-Sci; however, trials are only in Phase I/II, yet the stock carries a market valuation of $2.78 billion. Another close peer, Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:INO), conducting studies in head and neck cancer caused by human papilloma virus (HPV), is in Phase I/IIa and boasts a valuation of $445.3 million. Celldex Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CLDX) in Phase III for glioblastoma (brain cancer) is trying to enter a market much smaller than Cel-Sci - globally, glioblastoma affects 240,000 people each year for a projected industry size of $2.1 billion in 2017..."

Question for author-- are the peers that you and others cite true peers in the sense that they are in Phase I, II, III on 1 or just a few applications? In other words, if the peers cited by you and others are already generating revenues from other drugs that have made it to market, or if the other companies have a multitude of drugs in trials, then perhaps some of the peers might deserve a higher valuation than CVM ?
    Thanks again for your 3 SA articles. Very well done.
    Mar 10, 2015. 09:05 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Interview with Geert Kersten from March 9th....

Mar 10, 2015. 08:31 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Open Letter To The BOD Of Gold Resource Corp. [View article]
    It appears to me that the company could have significant cash outlays to develop Switchback and maintain the existing mine. Why buyback shares now if they end up needing to issue equity later on? The company is being very careful. It carries no long-term debt and something like $2.5mm of capital leases on equipment.

Why not encourage the company to take on a modest amount longer term debt, say $10mm and add it to cash and cash flow and continue to drill and develop both brownfield expansions at the existing mine and work at Switchback?

Conservatism is not such a bad idea in this market. I'm in this for the eventuality that the 1c dividend will rise to 2c, maybe not this year, but next. This is one of the best vehicles to get exposure to the gold/silver price. 2c/month could easily be 3c/month if the gold price rises back to $1,400 for a reasonable amount of time.
    So many gold/silver companies are screwed right now. GORO could also make acquisitions of distressed assets. I vote for continued fiscal conservatism, thereby maintaining liquidity. If they find no better use for their capital, they can buy back shares at the end of the year or in 2016.
    Mar 2, 2015. 07:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment