View as an RSS Feed
Debt And Taxes
Today, 10:30 AM • 6 Comments
- America is trying to borrow its way out of recession.
- US debt has increased by $7.5 trillion since Obama took office.
- The debt that sustains us now will one day be our undoing.
Obama Spins Subsidies Both Ways
Tue, Aug. 19 • 68 Comments
- The Obamacare subsidies will hurt the economy much more than it helps.
- The US standard of living will continue to drop with transfer subsidies.
- Low-income subsidies will encourage some people to take a pass on the drudgery and inconvenience of working.
The Deflation Menace
Tue, Aug. 5 • 55 Comments
- Falling prices should be embraced, not feared.
- Falling prices did not cause The Great Depression, but it did help people survive the depression.
- Prior to the creation of the Federal Reserve, falling prices was the norm.
Too Big To Pop
Wed, Jul. 30 • 12 Comments
- The Fed has created a bubble that will be nearly impossible to wind down.
- The stock market is fueled by inflation, not by a real economic recovery.
- The Fed cannot exit bond buying without pushing up rates.
Yellen: Where No Man Has Gone Before
Fri, Jul. 25 • 223 Comments
- Janet Yellen.
- International Financial Tensions.
The Fed's Rocket To Nowhere
- While the Fed reduces its monthly QE spending, the economy is far from recovery.
- While mainstream economists say the economy is recovering, main street families are getting poorer.
- If China reduces its Treasury purchases, it could quickly sink the U.S. economy.
A Green Light For Gold?
- Gold's obituary has not been written.
- The US monetary and fiscal policies will not change until there is a currency crisis.
- Gold is still the best hedge against inflation.
The Bond Trap
- The bond market is overpriced.
- The Fed wants to erect barriers to exit.
- The exit will turn into a stampede.
- The Unfriendly Skies
Detroit Broke City
Aug. 2, 2013 • 64 Comments
The Golden Cycle
Jul. 1, 2013 • 16 Comments
Sock Puppet Kabuki; Nikkei Today Parallels Dot-Com Bust
Jun. 27, 2013 • 1 Comment
The Great Reflation
May. 31, 2013 • 41 Comments
The Biggest Loser Wins
May. 23, 2013 • 14 Comments
Symptoms Don't Lie
May. 10, 2013 • 6 Comments
Changing The Conversation
Apr. 26, 2013 • 22 Comments
Japan Steps Into The Void
Apr. 19, 2013 • 41 Comments
Gold In The Crosshairs
Apr. 15, 2013 • 26 Comments
The Stockman Backlash
Apr. 4, 2013 • 10 Comments
Flying High On Borrowed Wings
Editors' Pick • Apr. 2, 2013 • 254 Comments
The Stimulus Trap
Mar. 26, 2013 • 30 Comments
Cyprus Lifts The Curtain
Mar. 21, 2013 • 14 Comments
- Inflation Propaganda Exposed
No Way Out Of Monetary Madness
Dec. 18, 2012 • 30 Comments
Doing Away With Debt Ceiling Drama
Dec. 3, 2012 • 29 Comments
- Lessons From Black Monday
- The QE Debate
- The Gold Standard Gets Another Look
The Real Fiscal Cliff
Jul. 11, 2012 • 38 Comments
Don't Catch Recovery Fever
Apr. 5, 2012 • 18 Comments
- Buffett's Bursting Bubble
Was 2011 The End Of The Gold Rush?
Editors' Pick • Jan. 5, 2012 • 53 Comments