Pey Shadzi

View Pey Shadzi's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Reasons Why I Invest In Dividend-Paying Stocks [View article]
    Agreed. It's so great to watch YOC, especially when the dividend yield was pretty high from the start.
    May 25, 2012. 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why I Invest In Dividend-Paying Stocks [View article]
    Deal!
    May 24, 2012. 10:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solid Dividend Picks For The Risk-Averse Investor [View article]
    The reality is I've read negative articles about every stock I own but I never run out to sell them on what could "potentially" happen; rather I look forward to the future and trust in management and financials.

One thing's for sure, it'll definitely be interesting to follow AZN!
    May 24, 2012. 04:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why I Invest In Dividend-Paying Stocks [View article]
    Hey Bob,

Thanks for the comment. One day I certainly aspire to having 50 holdings, but perhaps when my account balance is significantly higher than it is today. Keeping track of all the incoming dividends with 27 holdings is a tough-enough job as it is!

Great comments and picks otherwise. Those are all great picks which you mentioned.
    May 23, 2012. 08:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why I Invest In Dividend-Paying Stocks [View article]
    I'm a fan of BP, hell I even own it, so I'm with you in that I think it's a great long term pick.

Now that I have 27 holdings, I'm doing my best to build bigger balances in the companies I already own, as I feel that I'm highly diversified as it is.

I'll let you know when I hit that 1,000 share mark, haha.
    May 23, 2012. 05:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dividends Protect More Than Capital Gains [View article]
    Hey fred5000,

I use Sharebuilder and reinvest my dividends as I see fit. Sharebuilder reinvests for free, but occasionally I'll collect the dividends as cash and invest them into other companies if I feel the valuation is rich.
    May 23, 2012. 05:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons Why I Invest In Dividend-Paying Stocks [View article]
    Wow, a 1,000 shares!? That's amazing. Perhaps one day I'll be there, but I'm still trying to break the 100 mark on the majority of my positions. Perhaps I should concentrate my portfolio a bit more, haha.

Thanks for commenting. It's always great to learn more about a fellow investor's holdings.
    May 23, 2012. 11:07 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Dividend Aristocrats With Highest Expected Growth And Low P/E Ratios [View article]
    I would, but I'm just too busy.
    May 22, 2012. 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Strong Considerations For Your Roth IRA [View article]
    Yes, that is my understanding as well. Unless you realize the gain or, in other words, make your first withdrawal with a traditional IRA, there are no tax implications.

For a Roth IRA -- the original topic of this article -- it's different, of course.
    May 21, 2012. 07:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Strong Considerations For Your Roth IRA [View article]
    You're brilliant. A dividend-investment pyramid scheme!
    May 21, 2012. 02:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Strong Considerations For Your Roth IRA [View article]
    That's funny you mention that, Miz, because I've convinced many individuals to begin investing just by gloating about my dividend payments as well.

"Just got another $14.35 from Johnson & Johnson. I didn't even have to lift a finger! Those guys must really love me, they pay me every three months without fail!"

After they hear you brag about all this money coming in faithfully each quarter -- and how much it adds up to -- you'll eventually wear them down and they'll get on the bandwagon.

Works every time...
    May 21, 2012. 02:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Strong Considerations For Your Roth IRA [View article]
    Hey man, I did say "when!"
    May 21, 2012. 11:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies That Aren't Takeover Candidates [View article]
    Couldn't agree more, Dan. I was planning on asking you for a loan but I'll have to nix that idea since we're in the same boat!
    May 21, 2012. 11:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Strong Considerations For Your Roth IRA [View article]
    Nicely said!
    May 21, 2012. 11:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Strong Considerations For Your Roth IRA [View article]
    Great article and thanks for sharing.

I agree with your -- and Eventide's -- sentiment on AAPL. The only question is, if you think you're weighted heavily in Apple at the moment, what happens when it goes up 100%?

Maybe you should consider buying an island. I hear there are some remarkable deals just south of the border.
    May 21, 2012. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment