From January 2005 until June 2007 I worked as a mortgage broker for a small local mortgage shop in the DC area and did loans in MD, DC, VA, FL, CA, NY and MA where the firm Antietam Mortgage was licensed. In early 2007, I began to trade actively with a stronger focus on swing trading than day trading. I used the knowledge I amassed as a mortgage broker to short those financial institutions which I felt were vulnerable due to their dependence on unsustainable lending practices. In June of 2007 I went to work for Chevy Chase Bank, the largest local bank in the DC area, as a wholesale mortgage account executive. I left after about three months due to Chevy Chase Bank's focus on Pay Option ARMs. Since that time I have been ...More trading independently and have been a reader of Seeking Alpha. I attended the University of Maryland in College Park, MD from 1998 to 2000.
- Description: Trader. Trading frequency: Weekly
- Interests: Options, REITs, Stocks - long, Stocks - short
Currently, there is no company profile for Philip Gvinter.
Currently, there are no blog details for Philip Gvinter.
Currently, there are no book details for Philip Gvinter.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
Still waiting for the inevitable selloff but am not confident enough to put more than 5% of my portfolio on the idea. Still almost all cash. Jun 22, 2009
Latest Comments more »
- That is also debatable. If ... on Why 'Operation Twist' Is Especially Stupid: The...
- Reducing taxes to stimulate... on Why 'Operation Twist' Is Especially Stupid: The...
- No I am not ok with it and ... on Foreclosure Moratorium: What Does It Mean for t...
- The reality is that investo... on Foreclosure Moratorium: What Does It Mean for t...
- Sure everyone was involved ... on Foreclosure Moratorium: What Does It Mean for t...
Latest comments on Philip's Articles
- Philip Gvinter on Petroleum Inventory Data Show an Interesting Trend
- Jebeatsfish on Petroleum Inventory Data Show an Interesting Trend
- scfranklin94 on Petroleum Inventory Data Show an Interesting Trend
- Did U Think The Po... on Are We Seeing Housing Market Manipulation?
- Philip Gvinter on Are We Seeing Housing Market Manipulation?