Philip Obal

View Philip Obal's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Lonestar: High-Conviction Long Idea Remains Irrationally Undervalued Compared To Its Peers [View article]
    Value Digger -

Just FYI. I was reading information on the company's website and found out that the company put out a press release on your SA Article - see http://bit.ly/1tezKiM

What I like the best in this press release is "The article contains factual descriptions of Lonestar that are consistent with the Company’s presentations and releases on the ASX. It also contains a number of subjective conclusions and
    value assessments, about which the Company makes no comment."

"The Company was not involved in the production of the article."

Two good things - the company did not help you in your article and they agree it is "factual". To all involved - "factual" is a very high compliment!

Congrats on a very good article again!
    Jul 18 12:59 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lonestar Resources Is The Next Multi-Bagger Getting Ready To Rock In The Lone Star State [View article]
    Value Digger -

Thanks for an informative article again! I do like your research mindset and the willingness to share. I also like to research out stuff .... it takes TIME.

I appreciate your TIME very much!

Phil
    Jun 10 11:20 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whiting's Production Estimates Lead To $9.90 Fair Value For Trust II, 24% Downside [View article]
    WHZ is down 11.4% today... Wow, your article had some impact.

Dividend yield is a juicy 23% .... that will also attract some attention.
    Jun 3 01:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Abraxas Petroleum: A 'Sweet-Spot' For Your Portfolio [View article]
    Good article! Keep up the good work!

I am looking forward to AXAS pushing to $6 then to $8 within 18 months.
    Apr 15 07:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Whiting Trust I: New Strategy For Profits [View article]
    imho, I believe NTI will have very good numbers in the upcoming quarterly press release....
    Jan 30 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: Abraxas Has A Huge Quarter As Its Well Results Are Twice As Good As Others Near Pershing Field [View article]
    Very good numbers indeed. I am likewise long on AXAS.
    Jan 7 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Reasons To Buy Gran Tierra Energy For $7 A Share [View article]
    Interesting ... I will do my due diligence Bret on GTE.

Have you done any research on Americas Petrogas? (BOE ticker in Canada and also APEOF here in the US). A very interesting possibility...
    Oct 17 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Revisiting My Small Cap Bakken Plays [View article]
    Bret -

Thanks for your article and updated comment on AXAS. I am long AXAS. Have any target numbers for AXAS? If revenue grows 40% this upcoming year.... then stock price should be near $4.00 imho. Thoughts?
    Sep 27 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Emerald Oil: Quite Possibly The Most Undervalued Bakken Producer [View article]
    FYI - Steve / Zman said today on twitter - "EOX - we see this as cheapest growth story in the #Bakken. Breaking out of nice scoopy little base now."
    Jul 9 04:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Bret -

Thanks for the article and solid articles.

The only factor that concerns me is the management, that means a lot on any corporation. Do you have any insights on their experience levels??? Did they carry forward all the old Voyager managers or did some better replacements are now in place?
    Jun 18 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: The Top Eagle Ford Wells Of All Time Are Moving To The Bakken [View article]
    Do you have a target buy and sell for EOG? I have always been interested in them, but have always waited on the sidelines.
    May 29 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Determining A Reasonable Takeover Price For Kodiak Oil And Gas [View article]
    Dude_Reino -
    If you have a 2014 covered call - talk to your broker about canceling/covering the covered call at some point in time (now or after the aquistion announcement). Alot depends on your strike price. if the aquisition is for $20 a share and your strike price is $20... then the value of the covered call will decrease. But if your strike price is $12, aquistion is at $20, your covered call value will greatly increase - then it might be worthwhile canceling/covering it now - if you really believe the aquistion will happen. Just my two cents... Talk it over with your broker and model both scenario's (before announcement and after announcement). Good luck.
    Jan 8 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Basic Materials September Dogs Set To Gain 37.59% [View article]
    A very good starting place to research article.

I would avoid WHX - as several here on SA have mentioned this. I am invested in WHZ. Even Zman likes WHZ. I am also in SDRL.
    Oct 11 12:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Anyone Buy MLPs Yielding 19%? [View article]
    So, what does everyone think about Whiting USA Trust II (WHZ) ?

It yields 18.30% --- There are some good articles on Seeking Alpha about it, that are recent. GLTA !
    Sep 20 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Oil & Gas All-Stars You Shouldn't Ignore [View article]
    ATPG dropped (DROPPED 28% today).... HIGH RISK stock as their DEBT LOAD is VERY HIGH..... Extemely High Risk.
    Jul 27 06:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment