Philip Saglimbeni

View Philip Saglimbeni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple Tanking - On Its Way To $650? [View article]
    This response is better than the article! And I enjoyed the article Quoth ; )
    Jan 28, 2014. 12:07 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach sees weakness in North America [View news story]
    I feel the same way about the moat. Is there a better moat than MA and V?! I do regret not getting in early on KORS but long-term there will be increasing competition and no real way to combat it, IMO. Let's see what today brings us with $FLT . . .
    Jan 22, 2014. 09:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach sees weakness in North America [View news story]
    Nice sell, I am very curious to see which brand comes out on top next to challenge KORS, there is always another one. Any clue on your part? I have none!
    Jan 22, 2014. 08:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach sees weakness in North America [View news story]
    $COH proving yet again that it is no $KORS right now, the brand is stale currently compared to the latter . . .
    Jan 22, 2014. 08:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Under Armour Continue To Be A Growth Stock? [View article]
    Maverick,

This was a really good article, you skipped the usual analysis and focused on the company's fantastic growth opportunities, which are the best in the business, in my opinion, and all that really matters. I think MapMyFitness will help the company to compete with Nike + but I also think it will play a major part in the evolution of wearable tech. I think Under Armour is working on something big behind the scenes, something along the lines of customizable athletic apparel with built in monitors and such (they showed bits and pieces of this in a commercial from last year and with their 39 tech).

$UA is also succeeding with female customers and the company expects the segment to continue to outgrow men's and eventually could become a larger portion of revs in the future. From international to female/youth to signings like Notre Dame, management at UA keeps on making the right moves. Again, excellent read, thanks,

Phil
    Jan 20, 2014. 09:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Discovery ends talks to buy Scripps [View news story]
    Was always unlikely, as Scripps family has not shown much willingness in the past to part with control of the company, but it would have created one of the most compelling companies in media from a pure content perspective. I would have definitely owned it.
    Jan 17, 2014. 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Not To Invest In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Some of the great divdend-growth stocks I love are $VFC, $GWW, $CHD, $NKE. All have been consistent raisers of the dividend over time, have solid track records with regard to revenue and earnings growth and bright prospects ahead of them. Why settle for just dividends or rev/EPS growth when some companies do a great job at both! Nice article,

Phil
    Jan 16, 2014. 09:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Union Pacific The Best Public Rail Company To Own For 2014 And Beyond? [View article]
    James,

Terrifically in-depth article as always. This one may be your best yet! I like the idea of owning a piece of the rail business, just a solid/utilitarian business that seems to get overlooked by many investors. When I did some research last year on the industry, $UNP stood out for me as well. Historically it's one of the best and it seems like a great and surefire way to capitalize on the major trend. I'll definitely revisit this article when I decide to pull the trigger on $UNP. Well done,

Phil
    Jan 14, 2014. 06:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon warns on Q4 results [View news story]
    exactly, "fans," but not attracting enough NEW customers, with growth stocks that's all that matters is growth and expansion, $LULU has limited appeal, can't target men well enough yet, $UA, $NKE are far superior in this regard, just look at rev breakdowns for lulu compared to the other two, just my opinion . . .
    Jan 13, 2014. 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon warns on Q4 results [View news story]
    Been calling this for a while. $UA is the superior company, steer clear of $LULU for now (tarnished brand with limited appeal right now, bad PR, broken chart) . . .
    Jan 13, 2014. 08:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merry Christmas to the Seeking Alpha community [View news story]
    hahaha very true, I must be even sicker for responding to this ; )
    Dec 25, 2013. 12:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merry Christmas to the Seeking Alpha community [View news story]
    Merry Christmas and happy holidays all. Lets have an even better 2014 for Seeking Alpha and investors in general!

Phil
    Dec 25, 2013. 12:33 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Target's legal problems start to build up following data breach [View news story]
    dare I say there's a target on their back at the moment . . .
    Dec 24, 2013. 08:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Welcome To The Santa Claus Rally [View article]
    I'm enjoying the Santa Claus rally so far with $MA and $UA leading the way, but I have a few pieces of coal in there as well that are going to be dumped by year end . . .
    Dec 23, 2013. 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Bulls Are So Wrong Defending Tesla [View article]
    Comparing $TSLA production/valuation to that of $GM and $F is kind of pointless. Disruptive tech must always be judged a bit differently. There is no real competition for the company yet in EV from what I can tell, long $TSLA.
    Dec 19, 2013. 08:18 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment