Philip Saglimbeni

View Philip Saglimbeni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Square reportedly exploring 2014 IPO [View news story]
    Forget Twitter, this will be the IPO worth getting into, I am eager to learn more . . .
    Nov 6 09:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Five Greatest Stocks Two-Year Update [View instapost]
    Very nice Joe, still as surprised as I was last time to see MA leading UA. But we own both so it's a win-win. Nice job!
    Nov 6 07:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More highlights from Nike's 2013 Investor Meeting [View news story]
    One of the few stocks staying strong in the broad weakness, based on company's recent ER this should be $75 at least, great buy opportunity here
    Oct 9 01:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nike beats by $0.08, revenues in-line [View news story]
    $NKE, great company, great stock. Taking $UA higher after-hours as well.
    Sep 26 04:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • NYSE and Nasdaq vie for Twitter listing [View news story]
    Hopefully NYSE wins for Twitter's sake ; ) NASDAQ has had so many problems lately
    Sep 17 08:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has The Low Winter Sun Begun To Set On AMC Networks? [View article]
    I've had plenty of those, most investors have I would think. It is definitely frustrating, $SAM was one of the recent stocks that infuriated me as I very closely considered it sub $100, although it is nowhere near NFLX and TSLA in terms of performance it still did 100% in under a year and I completely missed it. $UA is one that I've kept a good portion of my initial investment in, thankfully. The problem I run into is that with high-growth stocks even initial positions can grow so massive and eventually affect too much of your portfolio. However, on the other hand the only real way to benefit from a long-term growth story is to hold it long-term. Easier said than done for sure.
    Sep 16 12:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Has The Low Winter Sun Begun To Set On AMC Networks? [View article]
    Thanks James,

Yeah, really they've all done well, SNI has surprised me in how its caught up to DISCA. NFLX has surprised me too, where was I in the mid-$50's??? I think AMCX's future as a growth stock is very much dependent on how the company's slate of new shows fare over the next year. We'll just have to watch, wait and see.

Phil
    Sep 16 11:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • These 3 Retailers Won't Make It To 2020 [View article]
    I tend to agree that all three might not make it, Sears is especially concerning to me. Radio Shack maybe gets bought out although I can't imagine why. Enjoyable article. Thanks,

Phil
    Sep 15 08:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tracking My Seeking Alpha Performance [View instapost]
    Vienna,

Thanks for reading, sorry for the delay. It is hard to go wrong when you hold quality ; ) Best of luck,

Phil
    Sep 11 08:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are You Ready For Some Football? Google Is [View article]
    Maybe Google will just buy DirecTV ; )

Interesting article, I had not heard this before and I usually try to remain on top of these things. I agree that a strong Android partnership could limit viewers. MSFT also said some interesting things about NFL with regard to XboxOne. I think it serves to show that live sports is really one of the last major impediments to cable companies losing their strong grip on controlling content. Enjoyable, thanks,

Phil
    Sep 9 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Five Below: Far Above [View article]
    Strong earnings report/guidance from $FIVE, shares up over 10% after-hours.
    Sep 9 05:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KAR Auction Services: A Small-Cap Worth Bidding On [View article]
    Dryfly5300,

Thanks for reading and for taking the time to write. I think the company is in a unique position right now in that it stands to benefit from all of the trends I outlined but has probably not seen a majority of the growth yet, while the major manufacturers could have already experienced a good portion of the revenue growth from increasing vehicle sales. KAR is also interesting because as you mentioned, and similar to companies like MNRO which primarily service used cars, it is a play on the consumer's desire to save money, which is something most of us want/try to do and therefore the company will likely fare better in a tougher economy than most of the car manufacturers. I am glad you enjoyed the article, thanks again,

Phil
    Sep 9 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Balchem: Boring But Beautiful [View article]
    Occamsrazor,

I purchased some BCPC a few weeks ago. I believe the company/management is excelling on multiple fronts and has more room to expand its business. As Nat stated above, management seems ready to put cash to work and this will most likely be beneficial to shareholders in the long-term. The stock also has great dividend-growth as well. Thanks for writing and best of luck,

Phil
    Sep 6 07:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Francesca's Holdings: High Quality Retailer, Currently At A Bargain Bin Price [View article]
    Stan,

You have been on point with FRAN. I am honestly quite surprised by this one and more specifically the way in which the company missed, which was basically on every metric (revenue/EPS, comp sales, guidance). It was exactly what I did not think we would see, a failure to even match lowered guidance, and it is extremely disappointing. The rate at which guidance for next Q and full-year was lowered is drastic and worrisome and warrants that investors re-evaluate the company's growth going forward. The elevated P/E multiple is hard to justify now.

Thank you for your thoughts as always,

Phil
    Sep 4 10:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CBS seen as victorious as it agrees new deal with Time Warner [View news story]
    The content-creators remain the way to play this space, there will always be a need for compelling content and there are so few companies that can create it consistently. "Content is king."
    Sep 3 09:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment