Philip Saglimbeni

View Philip Saglimbeni's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Lululemon warns on Q4 results [View news story]
    Been calling this for a while. $UA is the superior company, steer clear of $LULU for now (tarnished brand with limited appeal right now, bad PR, broken chart) . . .
    Jan 13, 2014. 08:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merry Christmas to the Seeking Alpha community [View news story]
    hahaha very true, I must be even sicker for responding to this ; )
    Dec 25, 2013. 12:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Merry Christmas to the Seeking Alpha community [View news story]
    Merry Christmas and happy holidays all. Lets have an even better 2014 for Seeking Alpha and investors in general!

Phil
    Dec 25, 2013. 12:33 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Target's legal problems start to build up following data breach [View news story]
    dare I say there's a target on their back at the moment . . .
    Dec 24, 2013. 08:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Welcome To The Santa Claus Rally [View article]
    I'm enjoying the Santa Claus rally so far with $MA and $UA leading the way, but I have a few pieces of coal in there as well that are going to be dumped by year end . . .
    Dec 23, 2013. 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Bulls Are So Wrong Defending Tesla [View article]
    Comparing $TSLA production/valuation to that of $GM and $F is kind of pointless. Disruptive tech must always be judged a bit differently. There is no real competition for the company yet in EV from what I can tell, long $TSLA.
    Dec 19, 2013. 08:18 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3M has more than just dividends and buybacks up its sleeves [View news story]
    Thanks Allan, I knew it was much longer than 10 years but the dividend site I use tracks only 10 years and I wasn't sure exactly how long they've been at it. 57 years is amazing!

I agree, a conservative business is largely a positive and like the company, great/practical products and solid management, can't go wrong, in my opinion.

Phil
    Dec 19, 2013. 08:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • New $300M buyback allowance for Chico's FAS [View news story]
    I saw the $300 billion in the top title and thought to myself, that seems way too big ; )
    Dec 19, 2013. 07:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3M has more than just dividends and buybacks up its sleeves [View news story]
    $MMM has increased dividends every year for the last decade at least, which is very encouraging. However, it could use more robust dividend growth, as it has averaged a relatively low 6.7% annual div-growth rate since 2003. This 35% raise is a fantastic start!
    Dec 17, 2013. 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Under Armor: The Best Sports Apparel Stock For Investors [View article]
    It's not only about paying for next year's growth, if that were the case investing would be very simple.

I am not concerned so much about next year's growth, I am concerned about the next decade of growth. I see it with UA plain and simple, not with LULU. Brand strength is everything in retail. Ask investors in NKE 30 years ago if the stock was expensive or not, they probably don't care much now.

Long $UA since $15 and will stay that way for a long time.
    Dec 16, 2013. 07:57 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Under Armor: The Best Sports Apparel Stock For Investors [View article]
    Seeking Profits,

Nice article, $UA remains the best growth story in retail, in my opinion. Lululemon is not even close since the brand is so niche compared to Under Armour. $LULU may be a lot cheaper but it's cheaper for a reason. It is still primarily a yoga company and unless management rectifies this the company's growth will remain challenged. Under Armour and Nike may have started out as football and basketball companies, respectively, but now they are so much more. Lululemon has not shown that it can diversify significantly yet.

And now LULU faces competition from UA, NKE and GPS in its signature yoga market. $UA should continue to outperform going forward, although LULU could be a nice rebound play soon. Just my opinion, thanks again for the article,

P.S. CEO Plank expects women's products to continue to outgrow men's and eventually generate more revenue than men's products for UA.

Phil
    Dec 16, 2013. 07:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hobbit watching: Sequel off to strong global start, premium viewing a boost [View news story]
    I enjoyed it, definite improvement over The Hobbit, the dragon voiced by Cumberbatch was cool
    Dec 15, 2013. 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weak guidance crushes Lululemon [View news story]
    Can't go wrong with Nike, great company!
    Dec 12, 2013. 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weak guidance crushes Lululemon [View news story]
    I think you're right Bill, it's enticing me here as a rebound play, best of luck!
    Dec 12, 2013. 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weak guidance crushes Lululemon [View news story]
    you're right, it's been stronger for a while, doesn't mean it's the better investment. Forward-looking UA is much stronger, I'l take continually raised guidance over lowered guidance any day. LULU has hurt its brand with bad PR, UA should pick up a portion their biz.
    Dec 12, 2013. 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment