Philip Saglimbeni

View Philip Saglimbeni's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Tracking My Seeking Alpha Performance [View instapost]
    Vienna,

Thanks for reading, sorry for the delay. It is hard to go wrong when you hold quality ; ) Best of luck,

Phil
    Sep 11, 2013. 08:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are You Ready For Some Football? Google Is [View article]
    Maybe Google will just buy DirecTV ; )

Interesting article, I had not heard this before and I usually try to remain on top of these things. I agree that a strong Android partnership could limit viewers. MSFT also said some interesting things about NFL with regard to XboxOne. I think it serves to show that live sports is really one of the last major impediments to cable companies losing their strong grip on controlling content. Enjoyable, thanks,

Phil
    Sep 9, 2013. 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Five Below: Far Above [View article]
    Strong earnings report/guidance from $FIVE, shares up over 10% after-hours.
    Sep 9, 2013. 05:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KAR Auction Services: A Small-Cap Worth Bidding On [View article]
    Dryfly5300,

Thanks for reading and for taking the time to write. I think the company is in a unique position right now in that it stands to benefit from all of the trends I outlined but has probably not seen a majority of the growth yet, while the major manufacturers could have already experienced a good portion of the revenue growth from increasing vehicle sales. KAR is also interesting because as you mentioned, and similar to companies like MNRO which primarily service used cars, it is a play on the consumer's desire to save money, which is something most of us want/try to do and therefore the company will likely fare better in a tougher economy than most of the car manufacturers. I am glad you enjoyed the article, thanks again,

Phil
    Sep 9, 2013. 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Balchem: Boring But Beautiful [View article]
    Occamsrazor,

I purchased some BCPC a few weeks ago. I believe the company/management is excelling on multiple fronts and has more room to expand its business. As Nat stated above, management seems ready to put cash to work and this will most likely be beneficial to shareholders in the long-term. The stock also has great dividend-growth as well. Thanks for writing and best of luck,

Phil
    Sep 6, 2013. 07:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Francesca's Holdings: High Quality Retailer, Currently At A Bargain Bin Price [View article]
    Stan,

You have been on point with FRAN. I am honestly quite surprised by this one and more specifically the way in which the company missed, which was basically on every metric (revenue/EPS, comp sales, guidance). It was exactly what I did not think we would see, a failure to even match lowered guidance, and it is extremely disappointing. The rate at which guidance for next Q and full-year was lowered is drastic and worrisome and warrants that investors re-evaluate the company's growth going forward. The elevated P/E multiple is hard to justify now.

Thank you for your thoughts as always,

Phil
    Sep 4, 2013. 10:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CBS seen as victorious as it agrees new deal with Time Warner [View news story]
    The content-creators remain the way to play this space, there will always be a need for compelling content and there are so few companies that can create it consistently. "Content is king."
    Sep 3, 2013. 09:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monro: Braking Good [View article]
    Mark,

Thanks for reading and for commenting. PBY was impressive to me in that regard, for such a small company ($614M) it pulls in some serious revenues (the $2B you mentioned). That would be a massive boost to MNRO's approximate $800M in revs per year.

Since management at MNRO is so adept at making acquisitions, this could be a possibility and one that I had not considered. The only thing preventing it, in my opinion, is the fact that management seems to mainly target competitors that operate in the same geographic areas that it currently has a presence in/near to and it seems PBY has a much larger geographic footprint as of right now. I am unsure if management would be willing to take on so much at once. However, should the need arise for a much larger expansion, PBY would certainly fit the bill. Thanks again,

Phil
    Aug 30, 2013. 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tide Slowly Turning On Chipotle [View article]
    Exactly, the customer who eats at CMG is not the same who eats at authentic Mexican restaurants, nor is it the same who eats at Taco Bell, in my opinion. Different type of consumer completely; those looking for fast, clean service and a more healthy take on the particular style of food.
    Aug 29, 2013. 10:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tide Slowly Turning On Chipotle [View article]
    You bring up some good points Moon Kil Woong, over-saturation is worrisome. However I bet many people said that about Starbucks back in the day.
    Aug 29, 2013. 08:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tide Slowly Turning On Chipotle [View article]
    Chipotle is a well run company with a terrifically simple yet popular product. With international expansion and the Shophouse concept, possibly on the horizon, why anyone would want to short this when there are much weaker stocks (fundamentally, technically as well as story-wise) out there is beyond me. CMG has held very strong during market weakness and the chart tells me that higher pricing is likely, I believe the ~$445 high will be retested shortly. Long $CMG.

Enjoyable article nonetheless Kapitall, you balanced it very well, presented accurate info and allowed the readers to decide. Well done,

Phil
    Aug 28, 2013. 05:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabela's: On The Hunt For Profits [View article]
    llange52,

Thanks for the insightful comment, it's always helpful to receive first-hand feedback from consumers that have a deep knowledge of a company and its products. I agree with you, from what I've read it seems that Cabela's has the ability to drive repeat business from customers and that the firearms segment, in addition to being a significant source of revenue, also drives further business for the other segments like hunting gear/equipment.

In the company's recent investor presentation, management broke down the biggest competitors in the market and they were Bass Pro Shops, Gander Mountain, Scheel's, Full-Line Sporting Goods, Sportsman's Warehouse, Wholesale Sports. They estimate that out of the $50 billion market, CAB owns approximately 3.55% vs. Bass Pro with 3.8% and Full-Line with 7.38%. However, the large market is still very much untapped and this will likely remain the biggest driver of growth for CAB in the future; expansion via new store openings, particularly in Canada. Thanks again,

Phil
    Aug 27, 2013. 08:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Where's Your Game At? [View article]
    WINTERMUTEv04,

I read that about GameStop, very interesting. How about the turnaround in GME shares in recent months, incredible rally! I think PS4 will outsell Xbox One but as you say, next year is a different matter as it is more dependent on library of games and acceptance of user interface systems/online multiplayer gameplay connectivity.

I was a bit disappointed by PS4's display of Battlefield 4 recently at Gamescom, graphics seem lacking but since it is still in development it is possible it may just be too early to draw anything of substance from the demo. Thanks again,

Phil
    Aug 26, 2013. 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabela's: On The Hunt For Profits [View article]
    srobbins,

Yes, you are correct. Interestingly, I try to mention debt levels in all of my articles and I forgot to include a section on it here! The company's $2.45 billion in debt is equal to 53.47% of CAB's current market capitalization, which is high and rather unhealthy. This is most certainly a risk going forward and something that needs to be monitored. Nice insight, thanks for pointing that out.

Phil
    Aug 26, 2013. 08:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cabela's: On The Hunt For Profits [View article]
    Tom in Dallas,

Thanks for reading and for the kind words, much appreciated. I think you are absolutely right, I expect the gun demand to diminish from the elevated levels we have seen recently, in my research on CAB I seem to remember a quote from Sturm Ruger's CEO saying something to the effect of even though demand looks just as strong going forward the 30% growth in gun sales is simply not sustainable forever. I think this is valuable to know and also why I thought it was important to show the background check data for such a long period because even if we were to see a immediate slowdown I believe the trend will remain positive overall and CAB will likely continue to benefit in the long run from this trend, even though it would probably create near-term risk and volatility.

Unfortunately, I have never been to a Cabela's store, as there is not one close to me at all in NY. From what I have heard first hand from hunters though, the stores are successful in creating unique atmospheres, especially the next-gen stores and the higher profits should continue to benefit the company overall as long as management continues with their aggressive expansion plans. Thanks again,

Phil