Philip Saglimbeni

View Philip Saglimbeni's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Under Armour skates past Sochi controversy [View news story]
    Perkins Cove, agreed! Exactly my thoughts!
    Feb 21 10:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullish On Michael Kors Into Earnings [View article]
    Perfectly timed article this one! Nice one ; )
    Feb 4 08:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Strong volume the key for Visa in FQ1 [View news story]
    Long $V as well, $MA getting boosted too. $UA up huge. Shaping up to be a great day!
    Jan 30 09:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3M has more than just dividends and buybacks up its sleeves [View news story]
    Thanks Allan, I knew it was much longer than 10 years but the dividend site I use tracks only 10 years and I wasn't sure exactly how long they've been at it. 57 years is amazing!

I agree, a conservative business is largely a positive and like the company, great/practical products and solid management, can't go wrong, in my opinion.

Phil
    Dec 19 08:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Xbox One sales top 2M; Microsoft may go ahead with Android project [View news story]
    $MSFT and Xbox One benefitting from a slightly better launch day game lineup than $SNE and PS4
    Dec 11 10:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • MasterCard announces 10:1 split, 83% dividend hike, $3.5B buyback [View news story]
    The best stock just got better! I could have done without the split, prefer the high price and low share count. Long since $250, never thought I'd see a price below that again ; )

Should print $800 this week, maybe tomrw

Phil
    Dec 10 07:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon appoints CEO; founder to step down as Chairman [View news story]
    After his idiotic comments, distancing the company from Wilson was the only option. $LULU has the brand strength to get back on track, hopefully the new management team can capitalize.
    Dec 10 08:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach may be fashionable again in 2014: Barron's [View news story]
    deercreekvols,

Agreed, happy holidays to you as well, are you still in $UA at all?

Phil
    Dec 7 05:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney's studio ops top $4B in annual ticket sales for first time [View news story]
    Movies are just one part of the greatest content lineup in history, long $DIS! Happy thanksgiving all!
    Nov 27 05:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle still unruffled by Einhorn's burrito thesis [View news story]
    too bad for Einhorn ; )
    Nov 21 12:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter indicated to open at $40 [View news story]
    $30 billion in market cap seems crazy!
    Nov 7 10:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Square reportedly exploring 2014 IPO [View news story]
    Forget Twitter, this will be the IPO worth getting into, I am eager to learn more . . .
    Nov 6 09:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nike beats by $0.08, revenues in-line [View news story]
    $NKE, great company, great stock. Taking $UA higher after-hours as well.
    Sep 26 04:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Has The Low Winter Sun Begun To Set On AMC Networks? [View article]
    I've had plenty of those, most investors have I would think. It is definitely frustrating, $SAM was one of the recent stocks that infuriated me as I very closely considered it sub $100, although it is nowhere near NFLX and TSLA in terms of performance it still did 100% in under a year and I completely missed it. $UA is one that I've kept a good portion of my initial investment in, thankfully. The problem I run into is that with high-growth stocks even initial positions can grow so massive and eventually affect too much of your portfolio. However, on the other hand the only real way to benefit from a long-term growth story is to hold it long-term. Easier said than done for sure.
    Sep 16 12:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Has The Low Winter Sun Begun To Set On AMC Networks? [View article]
    Thanks James,

Yeah, really they've all done well, SNI has surprised me in how its caught up to DISCA. NFLX has surprised me too, where was I in the mid-$50's??? I think AMCX's future as a growth stock is very much dependent on how the company's slate of new shows fare over the next year. We'll just have to watch, wait and see.

Phil