PlanMaestro

View PlanMaestro's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sonae Capital: A Portuguese Company In Which Pabrai Invested [View instapost]
    Mohnish Pabrai sold.
    May 8, 2013. 08:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Why Genworth Is A Good Value [View article]
    BEA, there is no mention of their variable annuity and managed care exposure either. Genworth might be cheap and might survive…but the risks are barely discussed in this article.
    Oct 8, 2012. 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Banco Santander Brasil: Declining Asset Quality And Growing Headwinds Hamper Profitability [View article]
    No problem, enjoy.
    Aug 26, 2012. 09:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry you think that Caiman. I guess a direct quote from the 20F was too difficult to handle in a constructive way "considering" you expertise.
    Aug 26, 2012. 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Caiman, I really don't want to be an ass, but I couldn't find anything about goodwill included in Tier 1. These are very standardized measures worldwide so actually I would be curious to find an example where it isn't so. Can you be more precise? And yes, I did read them before but I may have miss something. Some of these things can be hidden in footnotes or long paragraphs.

Thanks.
    Aug 25, 2012. 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry to bother Caiman. Can you be more specific with the paragraph? I have not been lucky finding anything about Tier1/goodwill in either of those fillings.
    Aug 24, 2012. 09:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BSBR
    Aug 24, 2012. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    10K: "Our Basel capital adequacy ratios are calculated EXCLUDING goodwill, in accordance with the Basel II standardized approach (provided by the “International Convergence of Capital Measurement and Capital Standards—A Revised Framework Comprehensive Version” issued by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision from the Bank for International Settlements)."
    Aug 24, 2012. 08:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hartford Financial: TARP Warrants Offer Advantages [View article]
    With their large guarantees ("ungodly risk" - Buffett), high leverage at Corporate, and just OK RBC of the subs, is not that obvious a buy as AIG. They have a very strong P&C business but still. At least for me, their disclosures in the 10K of sensibilities to interest rate impact and S&P variations made me confident enough for a small position but I would not go all in as he did with AIG,
    Aug 12, 2012. 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hartford Financial: TARP Warrants Offer Advantages [View article]
    Tom, have you seen information about The Hartford risk-based capital / RBC?

I cannot find anything on their presentations or 10K. Should I go to the statutory report maybe?

Also, have you seen any good analyst report on the company?

Plan
    May 24, 2012. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodak's Sad Decline And Why RIM, Sears May Turn Around [View article]
    Before anyone takes this post as an endorsement of RIMM and SHLD, it is not. Seeking Alpha changed the title and butchered the post. Here is the original.

Jan 20, 2012. 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gramercy Capital: A Graham Stock Wrapped in a Mystery [View article]
    That is a good question and I do not know the answer because I bought the common. There is a link in the fourth part ("loose ends") to the prefs prospectus

variantperceptions.wor.../
    Sep 15, 2011. 03:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gramercy Capital: A Graham Stock Wrapped in a Mystery [View article]
    It seems that dividend is increased in case of a change of control. Also the prefs are redeemable, that aligns the incentive of the new owner to call them.
    Sep 15, 2011. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dell Is Ripe For a Leveraged Buyout [View article]
    If they keep buying back share at the same $1.1B of last Q that is enough catalyst for me. Dividends can wait.
    Aug 18, 2011. 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the 'Magic Formula' Favors For-Profit Education Stocks Now [View article]
    Thanks MOI that is a great starting point for someone just initiating his analysis of the industry ... like me. Do you have the Bridgepoint preez from the Ira Sohn conference?
    Jul 15, 2011. 06:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment