Ploutos

View Ploutos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why This Rally Proved More Sustainable [View article]
    The new chart is up
    Oct 29 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • At New Highs, S&P 500 Still Below 'Real' Peak [View article]
    Blough - see the link in the article to Shiller's website
    Oct 29 06:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Contrarian And Momentum Investing - Part 2 [View article]
    Oct 29 06:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why This Rally Proved More Sustainable [View article]
    I have submitted a correction with the correct chart. Thanks
    Oct 29 06:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • At New Highs, S&P 500 Still Below 'Real' Peak [View article]
    I am looking at point-in-time buying power for the time series, and not a return series. I see your point, but that was not what I was trying to depict here. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Oct 28 07:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • At New Highs, S&P 500 Still Below 'Real' Peak [View article]
    Thanks for the link Qniform
    Oct 28 07:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • At New Highs, S&P 500 Still Below 'Real' Peak [View article]
    You are correct Kwimo - this is not a total return index, but the price index, but I believe that the price index is more instructive here as a measure of point-in-time value on a time series
    Oct 28 07:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • At New Highs, S&P 500 Still Below 'Real' Peak [View article]
    Thanks tmow
    Oct 28 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock/Bond Momentum - October 2013 [View article]
    Next month, I will highlight how these strategies did during the rising rate environment of 1994 - going to try and add a new piece to the article each month, and that seems like an excellent topic. Agree that the strength of the strategy is missing down equity months, but this only continues to work of USTs continue to offer their unique "flight to quality properties"
    Oct 20 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Nobel Prize Winner On Alpha [View article]
    Thanks all for the thoughtful commentary following this article - I have enjoyed reading your takeaways
    Oct 19 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Aristocrats + Equal Weighting > S&P 500 Update [View article]
    check out my previous work on the S&P 600 Small Cap Index, which has outperformed the Russell 2000

I am also interested in seeing more on the dogs of the S&P 100
    Oct 19 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Market Review Q3 2013 [View article]
    1) Yes, the liquidity in the corporate bond market is suffering because of increased banking regulation and the disappearance of competition in the U.S. (Lehman, Bear Stearns, Merrill Lynch). The Fed publishes statistics on dealer balance sheets, and brokers are holding much less paper, which negatively impacts liquidity. For retail investors, liquidity was never truly great. I think the rise of fixed income ETFs has greatly benefited the ability of retail investors to play in the space.

2) I can not speak for every jurisdiction, but generally no.

3) 10-yr UST on 12/31/13: 2.75%, UST on June 2014 3.05%; (higher than any level reached in 2013); 10-yr in Dec. 14 3.25% - we are at roughly 2.6% today - I think that the Fed is late to remove accommodation, but rates will slowly normalize
    Oct 19 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Market Review Q3 2013 [View article]
    Good point fundflow - with the 30-35% leverage that these funds are currently operating at I do think it is possible to return 7 - 7.5% net investment income given the yields available in the tax exempt space - point well taken though
    Oct 19 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Market Review Q3 2013 [View article]
    Thanks sah1k
    Oct 19 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Aristocrats + Equal Weighting > S&P 500 Update [View article]
    If you can track down the article, I would like to read it. Ferris Bueller should have paid attention.
    Oct 15 06:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment