Portfolio Management 101

View Portfolio Management 101's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Realty Income, Keynes And 5% [View article]
    It also depends on how O is able to re-lease their properties. If the built-in escalators are too low or if leases don't renew for a while, investors will go elsewhere for growth.
    May 13, 2015. 10:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Realty Income, Keynes And 5% [View article]
    Great article Rubicon. Thanks for giving it some thought and putting some of the data together to make your point. Too many other authors on SA simply copy and paste the company's latest presentation and call it an analysis. Keep it up.
    May 11, 2015. 11:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In This REIT Fairy Tale, Lady Tremaine Tops Cinderella [View article]
    WA, You are correct. Oversight on my part. Will correct.
    May 6, 2015. 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In This REIT Fairy Tale, Lady Tremaine Tops Cinderella [View article]
    Good point snow. Thanks for commenting.
    May 5, 2015. 08:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In This REIT Fairy Tale, Lady Tremaine Tops Cinderella [View article]
    Hi Heli, thanks for reading and commenting. I think CCP will have top-notch management and be well-positioned to compete in the space, its just that there is some uncertainty around the sector. In the long-run, the demographic trends favor SNF's and other senior housing so CCP may end up becoming a princess after all.
    May 5, 2015. 08:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • In This REIT Fairy Tale, Lady Tremaine Tops Cinderella [View article]
    Hi 88472, I am not necessarily pessimistic but more uncertain about the short to intermediate term for SNF's. I understand your view on AEI but it is the ACA that created the sequester issue. I don't have an opinion on what might or might not pass through Congress because I've been wrong before, especially when they package a bill that contains issues that a party is both in favor of and against. You probably know politics better than I do but it seems to be this done quite often and is a way to force a compromise on one issue for another. Because of all of this uncertainty, it skews the risk/return profile of SNF's so that the potential return comes at a much higher risk. I'd be glad to do send you some of the research I accumulated and see if I can find some more for you. Send me a direct message with your email address. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    May 5, 2015. 08:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kick Back And Relax With This 6% Dividend Entertainment REIT [View article]
    Holdforever, thank YOU for reading and commenting.
    May 4, 2015. 09:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mr. Market Is Trying To Send Us A Message About Omega Healthcare [View article]
    Thanks for reading and commenting. Good luck
    May 2, 2015. 10:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Oh, and in full disclosure .....my daughter is actually 8.5 months old, not 8 months. Thanks Lisa, for reminding me. Don't forget Monday is pink day at the daycare.
    May 2, 2015. 07:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Not at all richjoy, not what I meant regarding the detail, only that you pointed out a detail that I didn't focus on as material to the topic I was presenting. Thanks again for pointing it out though. Will be more careful next time or make sure I don't include any irrelevant information unless it is accurate. You do need to find estimated dividends, which could stem from estimated FFO. If future FFO is expected to change, we can deduce that dividends will also change along with it. That's what I meant about that. How do you calculate forward yield? current dividend x 4? Basic enough but can underestimate the yield no?
    May 2, 2015. 07:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Aha, I know why the dividend yield is off. The last dividend of $0.36 was prorated and not a full quarter's dividend. If you annualize that number and divide by the stock price you get roughly 4.2%. Might explain why all the other websites are off too. Will update and correct. BTW, the premise of the article was not the dividend yield of the stock but the price decline but thank you all for focusing in on such details. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    May 2, 2015. 04:22 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Mike, where are you getting that yield? There needs to be a forward FFO estimate in order to get a forward 1 year yield, and if the FFO estimate is different on each website, then the forward dividend yield will also be different on each website. I used JP Morgan estimates for all 4 of the healthcare REITs listed. Thanks for commenting.
    May 2, 2015. 01:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi all, I saw a comment earlier that now I can't see for some reason (already wrote to SA) about the EMH. The hypothesis states that it is impossible to outperform the market, whereas I stated that the average investor underperforms the market. My comment was also incorporating a variety of studies that the average investor underperformance the market for a variety of reasons, some of which are skill-based and others are psychological. In any case, whomever made the comment pointing out the mistake is correct. My apologies for not elaborating. Thanks for reading.
    May 1, 2015. 10:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi RedQueen, yes, I completely agree, the market is telling us something about both of these companies. In the case of HCP, the fact that their largest tenant is having financial difficulties and is now being investigated by the department of justice has a lot to do with that. http://seekingalpha.co...

As for OHI, the Ventas announcement and the new issue are the only reasons I could find, but in some ways, they don't seem to be enough. I think there is more to the story that we're not seeing. I could be wrong, but until I exhaust my analysis, I'd be cautious in the short-term.

Thank you very much for commenting.
    May 1, 2015. 09:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does AbbVie's Acquisition Of Pharmacyclics Make Cents? [View article]
    LOL, OK then, thanks dkohler for reading and commenting.
    May 1, 2015. 10:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment