Portfolio Management 101

View Portfolio Management 101's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ring Energy: Digging For Black Gold In All The Right Places [View article]
    Cash is $45 million.
    Oct 11 10:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ring Energy: Digging For Black Gold In All The Right Places [View article]
    Sorry, they do provide operating costs, of $9.00 per BOE plus $29.05 of Depletion, Depreciation, and Amortization of $29.05. G&A is an additional $13.65, so based on that, it looks like they will still be profitable at $51, which is what I expected. Also, you asked about cash flow. For the 6 months ending in June 2014, cash flow was $0.51 per share. Once again, thanks for the questions. Will make sure I address these points in the future.
    Oct 11 10:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ring Energy: Digging For Black Gold In All The Right Places [View article]
    Hi David, thanks for the questions. It was hard to get so much info on a 3900 word article but I certainly should have mentioned that the company has NO debt. Your $73 BBL result includes operational expenses as well, which, with higher levels of production, are spread out over more barrels. As they ramp up production, their margins will expand. The company doesn't specifically state what their drilling cost per barrel is but an article in the WSJ on Friday quoted other Permian drillers as being profitable with oil below $40. Given that Ring is not as big as some of the other drillers and their cost basis is higher, let's assume they are still profitable at $50 oil. Still compelling if you ask me.
    Oct 11 09:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coresite Realty: It's Not Cheap, But I May Still Give Some Of My Data Dollars To This REIT [View article]
    Hi Charlie, thanks for the comment. I agree with you that the extra step is always good. I actually read some of the analyst reports that I assume are the ones whose estimates are on Yahoo. (It doesn't list them) Most of the ones I read have cautious forecasts for 2-3 years out. Expectations are for slower growth after 2015 but none of them state their forecast over the next 5 years. I'm curious as to whether the Yahoo 5 year growth forecast comes from all the analysts or just a few of them that throw these figures around like they can predict the future with 100% accuracy. None of the analyst reports I read had estimates past 2015. Even so, I do think that COR should grow faster than DLR and DFT in the long-run. I just think there could be better entry points for those trying to 'time' their investment. For the long-term investor, timing should be irrelevant and I think COR will provide a great return in the long run. Take care and thanks again for your comment.
    Sep 13 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget The Trains And Planes, Buy This Industrial REIT For A 20% Treat [View article]
    Paul, good point, but the properties they are buying have lower rates that can eventually be raised due to the value-add activities Terrreno uses...property improvements, customization, etc.
    Jul 16 10:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good one Brad C.
    Jul 16 10:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Vern, why is there an 'instead of' in your question instead of a 'in addition to'. Start thinking about portfolio management. O and TRNO are different types of REITs. Why would you buy just chips when you can wash them down with a coke?
    Jul 15 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Bruce, I was just trying to point out that FFO per share only increased a few cents per share, even though the absolute level of FFO doubled from $2.5 million to $5.2 million. The 21.2 multiple is the reality because shareholders were diluted by the new shares. But if you looked at market cap/FFO in March 2013 compared to now, the multiple looks quite different. Annualizing the FFO in 1Q 2013 and 1Q 2014, we would get $10M ($2.5*4) for 3/2013 and $21M ($5.2*4) for 3/2014. The estimated market cap of the company was approximately $288M in 3/2013 based on 16M shares at $17.98. That equals a market cap/FFO ratio of 28.8. Compared to the current market cap/FFO ratio of around 22 ($473M/$21M).
    I hope that better explains what I was trying to say. I'll try to explainj it better in the article next time.
    Jul 15 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crown Crafts Inc.: Some Upside Potential But Revenue Growth Is Key [View article]
    Thanks Algo, unfortunately, the stock still hasn't turned around. It's a long-term play, but would be nice to get a little confirmation soon.
    Jul 2 11:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CBL & Associates: A Detailed Look At The Transformation Reveals A Potentially Sharp Upside Move [View article]
    Chesterfield mall is a Tier 3 mall so I would assume it would be disposed of eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later from what you are all reporting.
    Jun 14 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chesterfield mall is one of the Tier3 malls so consider it to be on the chopping block eventually.
    Jun 14 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Senior Housing Will Never Get Old [View article]
    Thats great Madam, but both have the same performance since this article was written, and the beauty of investing, is that you don't have to pick one over the other...you could invest in both. NHI has certainly performed better historically, but I would really prefer to be forward looking, and I think SNH is a good buy. Thanks for commenting and good luck.
    Jun 11 02:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Senior Housing Will Never Get Old [View article]
    SNH up over 9% since this article was written. Not bad considering it first dropped 11%. It has trailed the S&P slightly and althoug it's looking a bit toppish, I would look for a modest correction as a good entry point. The stock still has more upside.
    Jun 6 01:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sleep Well At Night Owning This Hotel REIT [View article]
    May be time to lighten up on HST folks. It's had a 25% return since this article was written.
    Jun 6 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dogs Of The Dow Strategy Working So Far. What Should You Do Now? [View article]
    The concept is to update them once a year, on December 31st, of each year, and hold them for a full year. The highlighted companies are the Dogs of the Dow for 2014, regardless of how the dividend yields may change throughout the year. They will be reevaluated on 12/31/2014 and the ten highest dividend yielding Dow components will be the Dogs of the Dow for all of 2015.
    May 23 06:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment