Poseidon

View Poseidon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • SoftBank: For Exposure To Alibaba, Look To Tokyo, Not Sunnyvale [View article]
    mate good article but would be nice to hear about debt and debt to equity ratios, as the company should be taking a good amount of debt to finance all these promising stakes
    Mar 2, 2014. 12:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ViryaNet: An Under The Radar Technology Gem's Cloud Transition Could Yield Significant Upside Potential [View article]
    TOP IDEA. Thanks a lot for doing this work. There's a lot of information here that I need to digest, but I enjoyed a quick read.
    Jan 15, 2014. 11:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ashraf Eassa Positions For 2014: Take Advantage Of Cyclicality In Technology [View article]
    awesome piece. i was looking forward to Ashraf's SA 2014 positioning.
    Jan 11, 2014. 05:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Valuable Insights Positions For 2014: Still An Abundance Of Unique Ideas In Small Caps [View article]
    great article. fan of valuable insights
    Jan 8, 2014. 10:05 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Bull Is Dead Wrong On Pandora [View article]
    amazing article
    Jan 1, 2014. 05:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: $100 Billion In Sales Could Be Possible In 5 Years [View article]
    yes i re-read it a bit today. it is a nice article in terms of methodology, but way too bullish in tone. what this article did well was to show us that it is not crazy to conceive facebook selling 100 billion in ads, maybe 5 years is way too early, but perhaps in one decade. To add more optimism, consider FB is investing in other startups that have little to do with ads (see acquisition of Parse). Overall, if you are bullish on social networks, internet penetration and the necessity of people to always market their stuff to improve top line , FB is a great long term play, i mean physical shares, not options, 5 years or 10 years.
    Dec 2, 2013. 10:39 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel's Mobile Roadmap Is Incredibly Strong [View article]
    Product roadmap looks pretty awesome tech wise. Why is the revenue guidance flat >.< ??
    Nov 22, 2013. 08:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hopewell Holdings: Value And Growth [View article]
    great call. thanks for this pick.
    Nov 13, 2013. 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Digirad: Fat Dividend Limits Risk, Operating Leverage Drives Potential 100% Upside [View article]
    Thanks for replying mate. We manage a small portfolio, so we were mainly referring to the well known stylized fact that small caps have higher volatility, all else equal. That being said, we like the company, management seems committed to create value for shareholders, and there's a good product behind. +, with this market, small caps are one of the best zones to find cheap companies, so this one is totally on the watch-list.
    Nov 12, 2013. 06:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the pick. I do like what I see. The yield is pretty great, but also I have some doubts...
    1) like, in a nutshell, how do we know 3Q sales improvement was not a mere one quarter thing?
    2) The company IPOed way too early. Was there a reason for that? Its just that, say if Im the CEO && I know there's a real story, a sustainable long term business model in motion, I would wait until the company cash flow gets consistent to IPO so then I can get the shares better valued.
    3) The $65 million market cap.
    Nov 9, 2013. 10:46 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Everyone Has A Plan Until They Get Punched In The Face [View article]
    It was awful :(
    > "Software stocks tend to never see a 2x handle when they are still growing".
    I believe in this stylized fact.
    What I like about BSFT is that the business model proposes a clear win-win situation, carriers are happy, clients are happy since cloud-based systems are cheaper, and shareholders,... well. These situations in tech world tend to be, long-term, fructiferous. Anyways, I smell some event-driven, nice acquisition aroma here, just a feeling. I am buying when it touches $24.9.
    Nov 5, 2013. 10:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Observations From My Trip To China [View article]
    Great insights Mr. Wilson
    I share a long-term view on China + Walk the walk and have a lot of my money invested there for the long term.
    One interesting note: In your trip, you visited the top metropolis, at least in the first part of your trip.. I'm also bullish on big cities, but where I see a lot of future is in some mid-size cities in the "suburbs" of the big cities, meaning cities that are 4-5 hours drive from Beijing, Shanghai, etc.. These cities have bigger upside potential.
    Nov 1, 2013. 11:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marketo: Time To Buy? [View article]
    Return: 89%
    Nov 1, 2013. 11:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: $100 Billion In Sales Could Be Possible In 5 Years [View article]
    Alex, awesome article
    Oct 30, 2013. 10:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Long First Solar [View article]
    100% return rate. One of the best calls ever.
    Oct 26, 2013. 02:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment