Posts At Eventide

View Posts At Eventide's Comments BY TICKER:
    Secular_Investor:

My estimates do not include forecasts for the impact of unannounced products. Apple can sustain strong rates of revenue and earnings growth through FY2013 with the current product portfolio provided the company maintains a regular and consistent product refresh cycle.

I agree with your point. In my view innovation through evolutionary steps is at least as important as bold, revolutionary steps every few years.

Consider the fact that the Mac, Apple's oldest and most enduring product line that was first introduced in 1984, will be a $26 billion franchise this fiscal year.
    Jan 12 01:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Secular_Investor:

Apple is currently addressing only a fraction of the global market for the company's products. I expect strong revenue and earnings growth rates through FY2013.
    Jan 12 01:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BigJ1260:

I wanted to follow up my comment with a reference to the analyst rankings. In this Apple 2.0 column the rankings for each analyst (pros and independents) for the past four quarters are listed:

I did follow-up the FQ4 results with a post concerning my estimates and the company's performance. That can be found on Seeking Alpha at the link below:

Thanks again for posting.
    Jan 12 01:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BigJ1260:

I'm well aware of my FQ4 estimates and followed up those results with an article on my estimates and the company's performance in the quarter. The articles are available under my profile at Seeking Alpha. Aside from the FQ4 outcome, have you checked my estimates to actuals for the previous six quarters? The analyst rankings can be found at Apple 2.0.

Thank you for posting.
    Jan 11 12:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    peterspeeds:

I'll be following up Apple's FQ1 results with in-depth analysis and updated earnings forecasts for FY2012 and early FY2013. Please stay tuned.
    Jan 11 12:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    4YYY:

I appreciate the colorful analogy.
    Jan 11 12:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ballinnumberguy:

I maintain a $640 price target on the shares and I will be updating that target following the release of FQ1 results. I expect strong revenue and earnings growth well into FY2013. Patience is often a long-term investor's best approach to the market.
    Jan 11 12:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MarkS2002:

A stock split or dividend aside, the September quarter performance due to the release of the iPhone 4S in the December quarter cost the shares momentum. Still, Apple is at new all-time highs. I expect more share price appreciation leading up to and following the release of December quarter results.
    Jan 11 12:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Secular_Investor:

The September quarter outcome revealed challenges and demonstrated a significant drop off in the pace of growth when the product refresh cycle is changed. Innovation takes many forms and evolutionary steps in product development is much of the innovation process.

On the iPhone in the December quarter, domestic sales will be a higher percentage of the revenue mix due to the initial launch in select regions inclusive of the US and the new agreement with Sprint. This was the first holiday season the iPhone was available through carriers other than AT&T. In addition to strong unit sales gains, Apple will also report strong market share and revenue share gains as well. In direct competition on the three largest domestic carriers, the iPhone performed extraordinarily well.

Among the independent AAPL analysts, there is one published iPhone estimate higher than mine and I'm about 50,000 units higher on the quarter than Horace Dediu.

iPhone unit sales in the quarter will be governed by supply. There are no questions about demand.
    Jan 11 12:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    215304:

Thank you for filling in the details.
    Jan 11 12:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Long AAPL:

It appears my signature line was cut off and the article wasn't attached to my public profile. Please see my web site for more information:

Thank you for asking about the author.
    Jan 11 12:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    PedroG:

I will be updating my 12-month target price following the release of FQ1 results on the 24th. The prospects for FQ2 look quite strong but depend on the pace of the continuing iPhone 4S roll out, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region and the schedule for the annual iPad refresh.
    Jan 10 11:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter And The Pending Share Price Advance [View article]
    Anonymous Wizard:

The netbook market is a race to the bottom. The MacBook Air is gaining both revenue share and market share in the traditional PC market. The iPad is in an early stage of global market development and will supplant the traditional PC in a number of environments including K-12 education over the next few years.
    Jan 2 02:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter And The Pending Share Price Advance [View article]
    Anonymous Wizard:

Apple competes with other device makers. Apple does not compete with operating systems. Android device makers compete more among themselves than any one Android device maker at this time successfully competes with Apple. The bigger battle is between Microsoft and Google. It's not Android versus iOS.

As I stated in the article, Apple is in an equity class all its own.
    Jan 2 02:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter And The Pending Share Price Advance [View article]
    The Apple iPad is rendering netbook class PCs obsolete. The netbook was (past tense intended) an awkward, transitional product that has lost its relevance in the iPad era. With available apps the iPad is superb for concept development and personal productivity in ways a traditional PC can not match.
    Dec 30 01:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment