Posts At Eventide

View Posts At Eventide's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple's March Quarter Results: The Good, The Bad And The Irrelevant [View article]
    GSlusher:

iPad sell-through was higher in the quarter than the number of units reported sold by about 300,000 units. This sets up a very strong June quarter for the iPad line as Apple reaches supply/demand equilibrium on the new iPad and replenishes channel supply to within the 4 to 6 week target range.

Product shipped to a third-party reseller is considered sold even if the product has yet to be purchased by the end user or consumer. Apple's direct channel sales to consumers are not factored into channel supply numbers.
    Apr 26 02:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DeepValueLover:

Those are ambitious share price expectations! I will be revising my current 12-month price target now that March quarter numbers have been released. The pros are currently raising their targets to the range of the $790 price target I published in early February.
    Apr 26 02:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    RandyB:

The June quarter will be interesting to watch unfold. I expect a robust unit sales performance from the iPad line. I'll be working on my June quarter numbers over the next few weeks.
    Apr 26 02:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Westy:

No. The independents work from information available to the general public and in my case historical results going back several quarters. I publish information on Apple product units sales and quarterly results for the most recent periods on my blog to make it easier for readers to find the data.
    Apr 26 02:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Obviously supplies of the new iPad were constrained at the end of the quarter. I do expect a robust June quarter performance for the product line. Although continued demand for the iPhone 4S existed in the Asia-Pacific market at the end of the period, I'm looking forward now to the next iteration of the iPhone and the expected design changes to the handset. A new design will ignite new demand.

I will be revising my price target in the coming weeks. Depending on the release date for the new iPhone and a few other factors, my current price target may be reached by late fall. However, I tend to be a bit cautious on valuation models.

Thank you for your encouragement and support.
    Apr 26 02:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I learn much from each successive quarter. The market's response to the March quarter results affirms investor confidence in the company's continuing growth potential.
    Apr 26 01:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Braeburn Group Apple March Quarter Estimates [View article]
    what do I know:

The Braeburn Group members are constantly working on their numbers. But within a couple/few days of results we do not poll for last minute revisions. The Group's goal is to foster discussion and we learn much from each successive quarter.
    Apr 26 01:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter - The Sequel [View article]
    KillerSgt:

Thanks. I can't change it here, but I did change the numbers on the source for the feed.
    Apr 17 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Braeburn Group's Updated AAPL March Quarter Estimates [View instapost]
    sometimes:

You are welcome to join the Braeburn Group and participate in the daily discussions.
    Apr 17 12:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter - The Sequel [View article]
    Apple's fundamentals haven't changed. The only thing that's changed over the past few trading days is the share price. But the share price remains significantly higher than its position at the start of the calendar year.
    Apr 17 12:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter - The Sequel [View article]
    wallstreetsmart:

Both of the authorized carriers on China's mainland received the iPhone 4S in the March quarter. It's not just an issue of a new carrier. It's an issue of the iPhone 4S rollout in the March quarter in Apple's second largest revenue country. In FY2011, only the US and China contributed more than 10% of Apple's reported revenue.
    Apr 17 12:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter - The Sequel [View article]
    DeepValueLover:

Even now Apple is addressing only a fraction of the global market for the company's products. I expect high rates of year-over-year unit sales growth for the iPhone and iPad well into next fiscal year.
    Apr 17 12:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter - The Sequel [View article]
    davel:

iPad unit sales will be governed by issues of supply, not issues of demand. More iPads were sold through in the December quarter than Apple reported as sold. The company drilled down channel supply to under 2.5 million units before the end of the December quarter and ahead of the new product transition.

On the iPhone 4S, supply/demand equilibrium was not reached until well into the March quarter. Supply remained constrained through the end of the December period.
    Apr 17 12:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter - The Sequel [View article]
    SkepticL:
    Actually, overall I believe I finished 4th last quarter when all performance categories were combined. I appreciate your confidence.

My estimates are influenced by historical revenue and earnings trends and each new quarter presents its own challenges due to Apple's current rates of revenue and earnings growth. Please keep in mind, at these revenue levels a swing of even one million iPhone units changes the estimated revenue total by only about 1.5%.
    Apr 17 12:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter - The Sequel [View article]
    coolfoolgod:

The percentage of total revenue generated by the iPhone will expand this quarter due to anticipated sequential drops in iPod and Mac unit sales and a slight sequential increase in iPhone unit sales. Gross margin will not deteriorate significantly in the quarter if it deteriorates at all. I held my gross margin estimate to a fairly conservative level for the March quarter.
    Apr 17 12:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment