Posts At Eventide

View Posts At Eventide's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple's Monster Quarter - The Sequel [View article]
    BigJ1260:

The iPhone 4S was available for immediate purchase for 11 weeks of the 14-week quarter. Apple ended the December quarter with only slightly more channel supply than when the quarter began.

I do expect a sequential drop in iPhone unit sales in regions that participated in the initial iPhone 4S launch in October. However, the release of the iPhone 4S through both China Unicom and China Telecom in the March quarter will, in my view, make a big difference in the quarter's outcome. I also expect a higher global channel supply of product at the end of the March quarter. Apple ended the December quarter with only about 6 million units in channel supply.

The global smartphone market continues to expand and I expect Apple to report strong enterprise sales of the iPhone 4S in the March quarter. In the quarter I expect Asia-Pacific to have surpassed Europe in revenue generation and for that region to contribute significantly to pace of revenue and earnings growth in the period.
    Apr 17 12:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Braeburn Group's Updated AAPL March Quarter Estimates [View instapost]
    sometimes:

I'm currently modeling FY2012 eps of $56. I will revise my current $790 price target after the release of March quarter results.

We have a Braeburn Group AAPL Price Target Index on the docket for publication around the beginning of May.
    Apr 16 02:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Braeburn Group Apple March Quarter Estimates [View article]
    wallstreetsmart:

The market determines Apple's multiple. Apple delivers the results. I take a long term view of the market and Apple's long-term valuation will be determined first and foremost by the company's performance.

Over the past few weeks we've seen a slew of upward revisions to analyst price targets. I expect a few more following March quarter results. I'm not about to forecast share price movements over the next few weeks. From a long term perspective, I see Apple attractively priced now and remaining attractively priced even if there is a run before earnings.
    Apr 10 12:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Braeburn Group Apple March Quarter Estimates [View article]
    It appears the table formatting didn't go as planned when SA picked-up the story.

The individual estimates can be seen more clearly in the story on my Posts At Eventide blog:

Apr 9 12:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter And The Pending Share Price Advance [View article]
    einzling44:

Currently Apple is addressing only a fraction of the global market for the company's products. Although Apple at this time is among the world's largest companies when measured by market cap, it is not among the world's largest when measured by revenue.

I do not expect Apple to acquire suppliers. It's not an effective use of cash. I do expect Apple to continue to invest in strategic partnerships with suppliers to provide for adequate supplies of components to meet product demand.
    Apr 7 12:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Price Target: $790 Per Share [View article]
    harryjack:

When I published my $790 price target in early February, the shares were trading below $500. I will update my 12-month target price following release of March quarter results.
    Apr 7 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter And The Pending Share Price Advance [View article]
    harryjack:

I'm not aware of any chronic shortages of the new iPad. The Apple iPhone is the revenue story for the March quarter while the iPad may set the pace for the June quarter results.

Apple ended the December quarter with less than 2.5 million iPads in the channel ahead of the new product's release and less than 6 million iPhones. Meeting demand for the iPhone 4S coupled with providing the global channel with adequate supply by the end of the March quarter will heavily influence the quarter's results.

Although I expect Apple to report strong iPad unit sales in the March quarter, it's in the June quarter that I expect unit sales of the product to hit full stride.
    Apr 7 11:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Implications Of Apple's Dividend Announcement [View instapost]
    Carousel:

Thank you for your comment. Apple has realized extraordinary rates of revenue and earnings growth during challenging economic times. Geographic expansion and continuing product innovation are key to the company's rates of growth over the next few years.
    Mar 22 12:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter And The Pending Share Price Advance [View article]
    harryjack:

Please read my subsequent articles. My price target is currently $790 per share.
    Mar 21 12:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Price Target: $790 Per Share [View article]
    kidrico:

Thank you for your comment. My current price target is $790 per share. I will be posting my preliminary March quarter estimates soon after the close of the period and I will update my price target after the release of March quarter results. Please stay tuned.
    Mar 20 11:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Price Target: $790 Per Share [View article]
    wallstreetsmart:

Based on strong iPhone 4S unit sales, Apple's ability to fill the global channel with iPhone 4S supply by the end of the March quarter and impressive levels of demand for the new iPad matched with nearly adequate launch supply, I expect robust results. I will be posting my preliminary March quarter estimates soon after the close of the period.
    Mar 20 11:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter And The Pending Share Price Advance [View article]
    Jon T:

Thank you for your kind words. I'm working on my March quarter estimates now for publication following the close of the quarter and I will revisit my current $790 price target immediately after the release of March quarter results.
    Mar 20 10:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Implications Of Apple's Dividend Announcement [View instapost]
    Stephen:

I will be updating my price target following release of Apple's March quarter results. I expect very strong results over the balance of the current fiscal year and continuing share price appreciation through calendar year 2012.
    Mar 20 01:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Monster Quarter And The Pending Share Price Advance [View article]
    kingsmill:

Apple's announcements early today are encouraging and the dividend program will broaden the shareholder base and increase the number of conservative institutions and mutual funds willing to purchase and hold shares.

Just a reminder: Both the regular quarterly dividend program and the $10 billion share repurchase plan can be amply funded from ongoing operations. Neither of these steps reduce the level of cash and marketable securities currently on the company's balance sheet.
    Mar 20 01:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Focus On Earnings Growth, Not The Earnings Multiple [View article]
    GSlusher:

Pricing occurs on two levels. The price paid by the consumer and the pre-subsidy price paid by the carriers. The carriers want the iPhone because it reduces customer churn and, according to recent studies, increases customer satisfaction with the carrier.

Most Android phones are sold to carriers at much lower prices than the iPhone and carriers fill out their product offerings with less expensive handsets.

My overriding point is that Android handset makers compete more with one another than with Apple. This is not now nor has it really ever been an Android v. iPhone contest. Apple will continue to succeed while a winnowing of Android handset makers occurs over the next couple/few years.

The anecdotes you provided are similar to stories I've heard before. The December quarter numbers indicate when carrier availability is not an issue, the iPhone holds its own against any and all competition.
    Mar 18 10:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment