Posts At Eventide

View Posts At Eventide's Comments BY TICKER:
    Ta0:

The Apple Watch will be Apple Pay-equipped and the iPad mini can use Apple Pay for purchases within apps. I'm looking at the new iPad Air 2 to replace my iPad 3. I worked with the new iPads at an Apple retail store on Saturday. Both the Air 2 and iPad mini 3 are impressive devices.

The new 5K iMac is gorgeous. I replaced an aging iMac last spring so that won't be on my purchase list for a while, but I like where the product line is headed.

The one product I'd like to see refreshed sooner rather than later is the Apple TV. Migrating the device to 802.11ac and adding a newer A series SOC for gaming would add new appeal and further the transformation of the living room experience. I cut the cable cord a while back saving well over $100 a month. Hulu Plus and Netflix over Apple TV provides ample content for my needs.

Positioning the Apple TV with console-like iOS gaming functionality would be a very big step forward for the product and would add appeal for consumers.
    Oct 28, 2014. 10:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Ta0:

I'm sure Apple is adjusting the product mix on the iPhone 6 handsets as quickly as possible. An interesting aside: Apple has pre-purchased as much air carrier capacity as possible out of the production region for the holiday quarter. You might be pleasantly surprised by an early arrival.
    Oct 27, 2014. 11:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ta0:

You're certainly not the only one. After experiencing the "new card roulette" following a data breach at a major retailer, I have far better things to do with my time than comb through notes as to what automatic payments had been tied to a compromised card or be concerned with noting exactly which cards I have in my possession at a given time in case I lose my wallet.

Savvy consumers desire to use the latest technologies and the security enhancements created through Apple Pay are a "value added" for iPhone owners.
    Oct 27, 2014. 11:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    johnnygo:

The high iPhone adoption rate in Japan is beyond remarkable. The ongoing rollout of 4G/LTE on China's mainland will support strong iPhone unit sales over the next few years. Apple is smartly adapting its approach to sales in the Rest of Asia Pacific geographic region and is laying the foundation for strong growth in previously under served markets.

I do expect a rebound in growth in Europe due in part to the high concentration of retail stores on the continent, the appeal of the Mac in many European nations and, of course, the larger-screen iPhones that have just been released.

I expect strong rates of revenue growth in each of Apple's five geographic regions this fiscal year. There are also real growth opportunities over time in currently under served areas of the Americas.
    Oct 27, 2014. 11:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    wrschindler:

Buying and holding the shares of smartly managed growth companies is a time-tested approach to increasing personal wealth. Among an individual investor's best resources are time invested in research and an understanding of the value of time and patience in creating long-term returns.
    Oct 27, 2014. 11:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Ta0:

You've just described why, no matter today's headlines about early resistance to Apple Pay by a few retailers, why the service will be very successful and be widely adopted by merchants.

Appealing to Apple customers through the adoption of Apple Pay may be a very smart way to increase customer traffic.
    Oct 27, 2014. 11:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hardog:

I'm sure there are many, many shareholders of Apple that first purchased the products and after becoming fascinated with the products chose to invest in the company.
    Oct 27, 2014. 11:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    TechEnthusiast:

Apple's hyper-growth since 2003 has been fueled by entering new product markets. By disrupting established markets first with the iPod, second with Intel-based Macs, third with the iPhone, followed by the iPad and quite soon the Apple Watch, the company appeals to more consumers and a broader segment of the global consumer market.

With each disruptive product, Apple adds tens of millions of new content customers each year. This is why Apple's growth has not been limited so much by the company's bigness as it is limited by infrastructure to acquire and serve new customers.

Apple is building out its content delivery infrastructure at a rapid pace while opening new Apple retail stores and adding 3rd-party retail partners in emerging markets.

Please keep in mind if Apple adds $37 billion in revenue this fiscal year the company will acquire in new revenue more than the total revenue of over 400 enterprises in the current Fortune 500 list.

Gauging Apple's revenue growth in volume terms versus percentage terms will reveal a different dimension of the company's growth dynamic.
    Oct 27, 2014. 10:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Magical Mystery Year [View article]
    For the benefit of Seeking Alpha readers I’d like to provide details on the Braeburn Group. As the group’s description states, “The Braeburn Group is a global community comprised of Apple independent analysts, Apple product enthusiasts and individuals with an interest in the evolution of digital products and related technologies.”

Although our members discuss Apple’s share price as a derivative of our interest in Apple, it is not a trader’s forum of an investment community. In fact, nothing posted in the Braeburn Group is or should be considered investment advice. It’s a discussion community for conversation about all things Apple.

Although outcomes will change by quarter, for the September quarter six of the seven Braeburn Group participating analysts finished in the top 10 of all analysts polled for revenue and earnings per share estimates and four of the seven affiliated analysts were in the top 10 for estimates covering all categories.

The opening of the Braeburn Group was announced during my presentation at the Apple Investor Summit held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in mid-March 2012. Steve Wozniak and Walter Isaacson were the keynote speakers at the event.

My story and the development of the Braeburn Group received wide media coverage in the months following the group’s debut.

While I consider mischaracterizations of the group unfortunate, individuals are entitled to their own points of view. Fostering informed discourse about Apple is the Braeburn Group’s primary mission. Again, it is not an investment community. This is among the reasons the group is private and real name registration is required by all members.

I’d like to restate that I am a long-term Apple investor. I have never played options or used any kind of leverage instruments such as margin. I would disclose my use of options or any kind of leverage instruments in the disclosure at the bottom of each of my articles if I engaged in those practices.

Although membership in the Braeburn Group is effectively closed, anyone interested in more information about the group or its mission may contact me at: robert(at)braeburngrou...

I believe disclosure is an integral part of informed discourse. I ask anyone commenting on the Braeburn Group in the context of this article or comments on this article to disclose their full name.
    Oct 27, 2014. 12:42 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Aussie:

I don't know Apple's plans for the future with 5K, but the new iMac is quite impressive with the display. Additionally, the new iPad Air 2 is an attractive product.

Concerning the iPhone, this will be the biggest upgrade cycle in the history of the product line. The larger-screen handsets are a draw for those purchasing their first smartphone, for current iPhone owners upgrading to a new handset and for those that left the iPhone eco-system for whatever reason over the past few years.
    Oct 27, 2014. 03:30 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    User 16012202:

Please see this page for the current consensus revenue estimate. As of a moment ago, it's $208.99 billion:

Oct 27, 2014. 03:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ovi:

As you know, I’ve never played options. Although I am a long-term shareholder, I do not actively trade Apple shares. It might be helpful to the discussions if you revealed your history with Apple options over the past few years since you brought the topic forward.
    Oct 27, 2014. 02:11 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Skippy09:

The so-called "Law of Large Numbers" has nothing to do with equities or enterprises. It's a probability theory concerning the outcome of the same experiment over a large number of times or chances.

It has nothing to do with Apple and is misapplied by anyone using it to forecast Apple's growth or growth prospects.
    Oct 27, 2014. 12:38 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Magical Mystery Year [View article]
    I agree that applies to your original post. We're discussing Apple.
    Oct 27, 2014. 12:33 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Barantos1:

Braeburn is a hybrid Apple variety. It has a complex flavor and can be challenging to cultivate. This is not unlike the work needed to organize a global network of Apple independent analysts.

As an aside, Braeburn Capital is the name of Apple's asset management company. I'm sure the folks at Apple's asset management subsidiary know something about technology. Even more they know something about managing hundreds of billions of dollars in cash and equivalents.

I don't know if any of the staff members at Braeburn Capital play shuffleboard, but the subsidiary is based in Reno, Nevada. If shuffleboard is your sport and you are looking for partners, you can always call and ask.

Braeburn and shuffleboard in my view are strange word associations to ask about, but each to his or her own view on life. For the record, I haven't played shuffleboard in many years so you will have to look elsewhere for a partner.
    Good luck with your pastime of choice. I didn't know that many people were interested in shuffleboard anymore.
    Now back to Apple.