Power Hedge

View Power Hedge's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ascendas REIT: A Bastion Of Stability Amidst The Market Storm [View article]
    The first one that comes to mind is First REIT, the hospital owner. I'll take a closer look at that one and publish an article when I get a chance.
    Apr 15 05:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Part 2: New Jackup Contracts Promise Revenue Growth And Improve Forward Earnings Visibility [View article]
    What about that new technology that allows oil company executives to grow gills so that they can survive on the bottom of the ocean? Just give the Board of Directors a couple of shovels and you've got yourself an ultra-deepwater well.

Then again, that might be just as expensive as hiring a rig.
    Apr 11 03:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    When does it want those rigs? i.e. When does PBR want to start drilling?
    Apr 11 02:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    LOL!
    Apr 11 02:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Excellent question and I found myself wondering the same thing while I was researching and writing this. I intend to investigate that further and will publish an article at a later date when I get a firm answer to that question.
    Apr 11 10:53 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pacific Drilling's Modern Fleet And Newbuilds To Contribute To Outperformance [View article]
    Here's some information about DGD:

Apr 10 01:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My comment was simply what PACD's Investor Relations department told me.
    Apr 10 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You're correct, all of Sevan Drilling's rigs are sixth-generation units. However, that company is pretty much a subsidiary of Seadrill at this point so nobody includes it as a standalone company. It's also a lot smaller than PACD is.
    Apr 10 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • We Have Finally 'Climbed Out Of The Jobs Hole'...Really? [View article]
    You doubt the pay numbers that RN's make or you doubt that it will see the jobs growth that the BLS says the career will have?
    Apr 10 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's about a 6.6% yield.
    Apr 9 10:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    In regards to the 9th drillship, I actually emailed Pacific Drilling and asked about their plans to expand past eight rigs and they said that the goal is to get it up to 12 rigs, but they have not made any plans yet to go past eight and are unlikely to ever order more than one rig per year.
    Apr 9 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco Is Well Positioned To Prosper In Offshore Drilling Industry [View article]
    I agree with you. I've got some positions that I'm in the process of liquidating because I think they're overvalued (nothing in the energy space though) and I am hesitant to buy more SDRL or even ESV because offshore drilling makes up such a large percentage of my portfolio as it is.
    Apr 4 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's not a problem with Ensco per se. Basically, towards the end of last year, the entire offshore drilling industry got whacked because oil and gas companies have decreased their spending on exploration due to rising costs of production in areas like North American shale. This has resulted in their cash flow being constrained and they aren't aggressively hiring rigs like they were in 2012.

The industry will come back - most projections that I'm seeing say that 2015 will be better and then it will keep improving. I'll have an article out on Pacific Drilling within the next couple of days that explains it - and I've got some out on SDRL. I'd take a look at some of the stuff I've written over the past couple months. It explains pretty well what's going on.
    Apr 3 05:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You pretty much nailed it between SDRL and ESV. Ensco is a much more conservative company with a very low debt load and probably slower growth. However, it also doesn't have the risk that comes with SDRL's debt. SDRL is a much more indebted company and it's much more aggressive. SDRL will probably grow more but it's a lot riskier.
    Apr 3 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Geopolitical Events That Could Prove Negative For The Dollar And Bullish For Gold - Part 3 [View article]
    It seems that a lot of the gold that the West formerly held has been getting moved to the East.
    Apr 1 11:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment