Pragmatic Bear

View Pragmatic Bear's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Speculative Stock Ideas For 2012 [View article]
    Hey thanks for you contributions. I wasn't referring to Ford's exposure to Europe (as from what I understand it is actually behind GM in this capacity) but more to the macro threat that Europe poses to both our economy and our financial markets. Up to this point I haven't been very impressed by the EU leaders and their decision making. As you said the game of catch up they are playing in the mid sized entry level sedan area is an important factor. It will prove even more important if gas prices do start creeping up to $4.
    Dec 22 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hierarchy Of Successful Retirement Investing [View article]

This is a breakdown between Traditional and Roth IRAs that I wanted to include.
    Dec 19 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Producing Stocks To Guard Against A Downturn [View article]
    Wow your completely right must of copy an pasted it there by mistake. Can't believe the SA editors missed that too. I'll get it fixed
    Dec 16 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Producing Stocks To Guard Against A Downturn [View article]
    It is a list of dividend payers but there are few trusted tech sector stocks that pay dividends. Intel is one that comes to mind but it has been under substantial pressure lately. Many investors are hoping that Apple with its hoards of cash will begin to pay its shareholders back as early as next year. Even more to the point many analysts consider Apple to be in its own asset class . So I figured for the overall theme of diversified value stocks why not include the best run company in the world.
    Dec 15 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Breakdown Of The Eurozone Plan [View article]
    I agree it is far too weak.
    Dec 9 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Europe Has Reached The Point Of No Return [View article]
    Good Article. A thoroughly enjoyable read. I think there is a ton of pain in store for the markets due to this European situation.
    Dec 8 07:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A 'Lehman Event' May Be Near [View article]
    Thanks for this article James. I, like you, believe that we are going to a tremendous amount of pain still coming out of the European situation. Also if the United States doesn't get its fiscal house in order it won't be far behind some of these sovereigns.
    Dec 8 07:16 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Favorite 5 Of Fortune's Top 10 Stocks For 2012 [View article]
    A breakdown of Apple's Cash

This is the same number that Fortune uses when describing Apple's cash on hand so it was what I decided to go with.
    Dec 8 06:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nov. Nonfarm Payrolls: +120K vs. consensus of +125K, +100K (revised) prior. Unemployment 8.6% vs 9% expected. Avg. hourly earnings -0.1%. to $23.18. Workweek unchanged at 34.3 hours.  [View news story]
    If you were shorting this week you weren't sleeping well.
    Dec 2 10:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It looks good in the papers: UNEMPLOYMENT RATE DROPS TO 8.6%. However, it neglects to mention that the drop in the rate is due largely to the decrease in the labor force not an increase in employment.
    Dec 2 09:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sign Of Distress? Central Banks Collaborate To Boost Liquidity [View article]
    Thanks for the comments guys. It certainly is an extreme situation that is taking place in the global financial markets. Anyone interested in learning more about the origins of this sovereign debt crisis let me suggest that you take a look at Michael Lewis's new book "Boomerang:Travels in the new third world". It really piqued my interest in how different these countries are and how much trouble their really in.
    Dec 1 08:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investor Guide To The Super Committee Failure [View article]
    I'm am so sick of this. From this point on I am voting out all incumbents republican or democrats. It honestly doesn't matter to me anymore. The political divide in this country is separating us when we need to be coming together. Its money in the political system that has corrupted the entire thing. Vote them all out until we see a change. The country can not continue like this.
    Nov 22 08:10 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Searching For Yield In The Telecom Industry [View article]
    I will check it out thanks for bringing it to my attention
    Nov 8 07:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Europe Optimism Prevails On Street [View article]
    How does anyone logically invest in this headline driven nightmare of a market? I think there is still a ton of pain that the global financial markets are going to have to endure due to this European debt crisis.
    Oct 26 07:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Serious Response To A Sirius Bear [View article]
    It was David Dodd not Todd. Thanks for this article its nice to hear an unbiased view of Sirius.
    Oct 26 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment