View as an RSS Feed
View Prescient Investment Analysis' Articles BY TICKER:
Pfizer And Omeros Corporation: PDE10 Inhibitors
- Pfizer is a relatively safe pharmaceutical stock; Omeros Corporation is risky.
- Both companies have replied to questioning on PDE10 inhibitors.
- Per available information, Omeros Corporation has the premier product candidate known.
- Still, hedging an investment in PFE, or bet against OMER, could ultimately make sense.
Fifth Street Senior Floating Rate: Okay For Short And Long Term
- Staggering secondary offering has resulted in cash and dilution.
- LIBOR rates are remaining low.
- The dividend is at a record high, but there are questions about its sustainability.
Omeros Corporation Estimates May Vary
- The company has recently reported 2Q earnings.
- The fast track application of OMS824 is believed to be pending.
- The most conservative inputs show the stock as fairly valued.
- Higher value can easily be ascribed, as with the consensus.
Fortress Declares Record Dividend
- Hedge fund results are discussed.
- Revenues are higher YoY.
- The company's $0.26 Q2 distribution is the highest ever.
Gilead Is Going To Make More Money In The Future
- Sovaldi has terrific potential.
- There are several other pipeline considerations.
- Valuation methodologies support and form different analyst opinions.
Keurig Green Mountain Q3 Earnings: Who Prevails?
- Several leading short sellers cite the stock.
- Weather, Arabica crop, and pricing.
- Upside risk includes partnership information and dividend growth.
- Reward/risk invites patience.
Further Information On NXP Semiconductors
- Key leaders for NXP have provided clarification.
- Mobile payment apps, 4G automotive, connected home.
- Comparable valuations.
- Buyback continues.
Portable Computing Segment Success Leads To Higher NXP Estimates
- Solid Q2, beating estimates with strong outlook.
- P&C Segment, which includes MCUs, guided up 40%.
- Continued growth supports a higher share price.
- Company reports an automotive design win.
AutoZone Is 8% Off Its 52-Week High
- Discussion of counter cyclical businesses.
- Solid Q2 results from O'Reilly Automotive.
- Auto parts retailers trade together, AZO might be at a low price.
Rubicon Technology: 6-Inch Wafers, Prices, And Other Questions
- Sapphire: cyclical or secular growth?
- Diverse products.
- Questions involve prices, six-inch wafers, and other matters.
- Current opinions of multiple financial institutions.
Qualifying Speculation In Omeros Corporation
- Commentary on publicized and important pipeline products.
- Several risks still face the stock.
- Despite 52 week high prices, shares remain substantially undervalued.
QuickLogic's Sensor Hub Complements An MCU
- QuickLogic's ArcticLink 3 S1.
- Sensor hub and MCU functionality in mobile devices.
- Improving financials at QuickLogic, despite continued losses.
Watching Dominion, The Utilities Select Sector SPDR ETF And The Risk Free Rate
- The Options market is looking for XLU to move lower.
- The 10- and 20-year treasury rates have moved up in June.
- Risk and reward considerations for utility stocks such as Dominion.
VeriFone's Glimpse Into Apple's Future Payment System
- PAYware Mobile Enterprise is specified to work with iPad.
- Bluetooth known to be used.
- NFC rumored for specific reasons.
- Paul Galant's remarks.
Insider Activity, LNG Export, Solar: Buy Dominion?
- Several activities underway, including an LNG export project and solar.
- Four insider purchases of company stock.
- Litigation, environmental regulations, and coal.
Fortress's Income Can Mitigate Its Risks
- Key personnel.
- Sell side ratings, P/E, and long term growth.
- Considerable buyback, high dividend payments may increase.
- Some option strategies currently make sense.
AT&T: Automotive Connectivity, Undervaluation, And Assets For Sale
- Agreements in place with multiple automakers to offer 4G LTE connectivity.
- Asset sales ensuing a successful DTV buyout are a possibility.
- A dividend discount model shows shares to be undervalued.
NAND Consolidation Should Benefit Micron
- Third party memory retailers depend on a declining number of suppliers.
- Antitrust and anticompetitive regulatory scrutiny.
- NAND Consolidation.
Alcatel-Lucent: On The Way Up?
- Ongoing improvement at Alcatel-Lucent.
- Global CapEx on Telco is reportedly favorable.
- Business is diversified within two segments.
- Some metrics cause questions.
In Response To Google Fiber, AT&T Enhances Service
- Google Fiber is offered in Austin, TX; Kansas City, KS; and Provo, UT.
- Customers are signing up and reporting satisfaction.
- AT&T is increasing quality of service.
- North Carolina could be a focal point of high speed fiber business.
GE's LEAP Engines Are Remarkable
- GE and France's Snecma have an ongoing partnership to produce LEAP jet engines.
- Technological advances include fuel efficiency, improved emissions, reduced weight and noise.
- An ongoing investment in a line of business with strong future possibilities.
- ADs can be costly and are difficult to escape.
Magnum Hunter's Series E Preferred Could Be A Lucrative Opportunity
- Magnum Hunter is a risky energy stock that is enduring difficulty.
- Asset sales are underway to pay bills, capital markets are another specified possibility.
- Series E Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock Pays Nearly 8%.
- Buying the convertible and shorting common stock has overwhelming risk/reward potential.
TAL International: A Dividend Stock For The Long Term?
- Stock has a higher yield pursuant to a bad quarter.
- Customer concentration risk.
- Ongoing issues involve perhaps unsustainable rates.
NXP's Buyback, Q1 Results And Sell Side Commentary
- Solid Q1 2014 Results.
- Ongoing share repurchase is a priority.
- Industrial and infrastructure segment has highest Q2 guidance.
- Other data underscores ID segment's prospects.
Buy The Fresh Market And Sell Some Sprouts?
- Natural/organic grocers, such as TFM, are near 52-week lows.
- TFM had a poor Q4 2013, partially due to reasons within its control.
- TFM is cheaper than peers.
- Simultaneous insider buying of TFM and sales of SFM.
- Perhaps a pairs trade or hedging strategy is appropriate.
Diverse Product Lines, Catalysts, NXP Semiconductors
- Diverse segments with growth anticipated across HPMS.
- Discussion of mobile payment technologies.
- Large future catalysts in EMV and automotive.
- Key customers include Apple, Gemalto, and Delphi.
- Concerns include overhang and losses at manufacturing.
Finance A Disney Vacation With Its Stock?
- Disney is a premier firm that is enjoying results.
- Multiple segments lessen dependence on any one.
- The company also has a successful buyback program.
- Micron A Beneficiary Of Apple's Mobile DRAM Use?
- Cypress Shares Trade Lower: Buy?
- Buybacks, Dividends And Peltz: Success At Family Dollar?
- AT&T Should Yield 6% With Google Fiber Looming
- FMC Technologies Is Rated A Buy: Enter Now?