Profit Fan

View Profit Fan's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Cambridge Bancorp: This 3.7% Yielder Demands Your Attention! [View article]
    Thanks for your reply, a lot of banks trade at a great value because of the OTC listing which is part of the reason why it's where I look. With that said, I don't see them wanting to move up to a major exchange because of the increased cost and regulations that come with that change.
    Apr 17 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alerus Financial: Can This Under-Followed Regional Continue To Outperform? [View article]
    I mistakenly wrote that trust assets were only 10% of banking ones when the opposite is true, 10Xs. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Apr 9 08:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Not All Assets Are Created Equal [View article]
    Wow!
    Apr 1 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Not All Assets Are Created Equal [View article]
    Thanks MexCom. A tax liability, in the case of BAC, is netted and there are no other 'offsetting' ones to speak of. The asset is for taxes already paid for income not yet realized on the financials and credits on past operating losses.
    Apr 1 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Not All Assets Are Created Equal [View article]
    Thanks for your reply Software. I did major in finance and I just completed the CPA exam in February. I have a hard time arguing anything you said because the math is consistent with what I covered in the article.

The tax asset is either a prepayment or estimate of tax savings due to a loss but again, these asset aren't earning the bank any money. It does have a value but only one that could be realized in the future (why I discount it even further than by the reported number). This discounting is a personal preference and one I do on many reported assets which is a common judgmental adjustment. The title of the article indicates how I feel about this asset (which I never said is worth zero dollars) and I covered the effects of my adjustment to clearly layout my thinking and provide insight on a topic I was asked to provide and one that is rarely discussed.

On a side, I typically look more at pre-tax pre-provisions so when and where the credits are taken do not play a big role at any bank I look at. I would, however, prefer a lower tax asset / tbv and obviously a net asset to a net liability.

Hope this clears up what I believe you misunderstood.
    Apr 1 09:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Investors Win Big; Is It Enough? [View article]
    Hard not to like the long dated calls. I'm in on the warrants but need to keep an eye on these, thanks for the reminder!
    Mar 31 08:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Investors Win Big; Is It Enough? [View article]
    Good point though I wouldn't be surprised if we see them trying to offload them like they are with a lot of other legacy assets right now.
    Mar 27 01:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Investors Win Big; Is It Enough? [View article]
    Thanks for the tip I'll have to look into that!
    Mar 27 01:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Investors Win Big; Is It Enough? [View article]
    Hello Campito thanks for your reply. The largest position I have is in warrants so I am biased but I will say that they move very differently day to day in comparison to the stock and short-term volatility is high. I like the long expiration date and have been starting to set aside money to 1) slowly purchase more and 2) have funds to at least have the option of exercising them in 2018-19. A lot of people are in and probably not going to exercise the warrants so a big dip may occur later on. All my nonprofessional opinion.
    Mar 27 09:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • No Longer Posting At Seeking Alpha [View instapost]
    Very sad to hear Tom, keep us informed if you set up and start posting somewhere else. Thanks for all of your work!
    Mar 27 08:54 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Investors Win Big; Is It Enough? [View article]
    And looks like WFC and JPM only asked for common.
    Mar 26 11:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Investors Win Big; Is It Enough? [View article]
    Nasa thanks for replying. I've followed you're comments for sometime and wish I was as early and focused as you were. Good luck!
    Mar 26 11:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Investors Win Big; Is It Enough? [View article]
    Sorry I'm on my phone. I have the outstanding warrant info listed in the article linked to the word prior - above in blue. Thanks for stopping to comment!
    Mar 26 11:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: More Cost Cuts On The Way [View article]
    Thank you Benitus!
    Mar 25 09:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: More Cost Cuts On The Way [View article]
    Little rusty, I appreciate your feedback.
    Mar 25 09:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment