Prudent Finances

View Prudent Finances' Comments BY TICKER:
  • BlackBerry: Buy Downside Protection As Analysts Grow Cautious [View article]
    Shock Exchange: What else do you think is undervalued besides BBRY?
    Dec 18, 2014. 03:45 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Atlas Resource Partners Makes A Big Bet On The Eagle Ford [View article]
    What % of their oil production is hedged in 2015?
    Dec 15, 2014. 01:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Atlas Energy: A Mispriced Equity That Is A Unique Value Play [View article]
    From the CEO during the Q3 conference call:

"I’m going to abstain from closing remarks until our stock is appropriately priced, at which time, and this is a promise to the market, I will recite my favorite Greek poem. Thank you all."
    Dec 13, 2014. 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Christmas List For Slumping Oil [View article]
    Awilco looks interesting. How much cap-ex do they spend every year to maintain these two older rigs?
    Dec 8, 2014. 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Penn West Is Undervalued Compared To Pengrowth, Enerplus And Baytex [View article]
    The numbers on Yahoo Finance aren't always accurate (especially for foreign companies). I suggest that you go straight to the company's quarterly 10-Q filing.

For Q3, PWE reported CD$292 in operating cash flow and cap-ex of CD$225.
    Dec 8, 2014. 02:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The market cap used in this article is based on shares outstanding x share price.
    Dec 8, 2014. 01:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Price Collapse In The Wake Of The OPEC Decision Will Create Buying Opportunities [View article]
    Michael, what price do you think is the worst case scenario for WTI oil? I'm sure you don't believe the $35 prediction.
    Nov 28, 2014. 09:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The $800M Secret The BlackBerry Shorts Don't Want You To Know About [View article]
    The guy you quoted, Ted Coupland, also had a $5 target on BB. Don't know if he has changed it since then.
    Nov 18, 2014. 02:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insiders Are Not Buying These Gold Mining Stocks [View article]
    In the past, Eric Sprott has sold gold/silver in his personal account in order to raise cash to buy mining stocks.
    Nov 13, 2014. 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Xinyuan Real Estate: An Aggressive Growth Strategy Gone Wrong [View article]
    But they are trying to grow when housing prices in China are declining. It's not the right time for this strategy.
    Nov 12, 2014. 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Silver Standard Reports Decent Q3 Results [View article]
    1,449,000 shares of Pretium were sold in 2014 Q3.
    It was disclosed in the Q2 earnings report, which means it must have happened in July or the first few days of August.
    Nov 8, 2014. 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insiders Are Not Buying These Gold Mining Stocks [View article]
    Consider this to be an addendum to the article:

These are the insider purchases on the Canadian exchanges since the beginning of September:

Kinross: 43,500 shares
    Barrick: 20,800
    Yamana: 20,500
    Agnico: 10,100

Nothing for Goldcorp, Silver Wheaton, Franco-Nevada, and Eldorado
    Nov 7, 2014. 04:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Insiders Are Not Buying These Gold Mining Stocks [View article]
    Thanks for pointing out that oversight. I only considered the shares issued on the U.S. exchanges. For some of the Canadian companies, I do see some or a few purchases either as part of some ownership plan or in the open market.
    Nov 7, 2014. 03:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldcorp Looks Expensive Compared To Other Gold Stocks [View article]
    Allied Nevada (ANV) is the only one that I think could potentially go bust in 2015. Which other miners do you think are in trouble?
    Nov 6, 2014. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldcorp Looks Expensive Compared To Other Gold Stocks [View article]
    There are very few gold stocks that I would feel comfortable owning for the long-term. That is because I don't think gold will make a rapid recovery from these levels and because I think these miners spend too much money on cap-ex. I have no opinion on GG. If I had to guess, I would say that it continues to outperform KGC and ABX. I think ABX is a future candidate for bankruptcy.
    Nov 3, 2014. 07:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment