PSalerno

View PSalerno's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Exact Sciences Had Wildly Successful 2014, Can We Expect The Same In 2015? [View article]
    May be this news indirectly affected EXAS because ma be indicative of a tendency to not screen too much, even if it is related to another type of cancer. Anyway mammography is better for old women, for the younger is better echography.
    Apr 24, 2015. 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Petrobras: Take Warren Buffett's Advice [View article]
    I took partial profit from calls with 310% gain today
    Apr 24, 2015. 10:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon.com: Here's How Much Drone Deliveries Would Cost Per Delivery [View article]
    My short position is doing fine, it is still on progress. I will profit again like the last 2 times.
    Apr 24, 2015. 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    AWS did well, above my expectation. Still, this upside is not justified and will fade like in the past. I am not betting on a very low price for AMZN, I can profit again with a modest but probable pull back to the 400-410 level.
    Apr 24, 2015. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Petrobras: Take Warren Buffett's Advice [View article]
    All this negative sentiment by the investment bank is very positive for the longs. In premarket today PBR is up another 3%, my shares are up 60% and my calls are up 250% !
    Apr 24, 2015. 09:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I did not see any news, seems like EXAS is in a trading range between 20-21 and 25-26 ahead of the 4th may earnings. Nobody wants to make big bets now, but I guess the trading range could be broken to the upside IF the adoption rate by the doctors will show some clear improvement, like it is probable.
    Apr 24, 2015. 09:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Petrobras: Take Warren Buffett's Advice [View article]
    You have some good point, but made a mistake selling the 6 and 8 calls, just those I bought between 4.90 and 6.50 stock price.
    Apr 24, 2015. 08:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Medidata: A Short Thesis [View article]
    Today was the right time to buy puts. Today I completed my short position buying puts. These post earning bounces are frequent, shorting is not for the faint of heart.
    Apr 23, 2015. 11:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    You have no idea. Wherever the offering comes from, it is still a dilution and always will be. In fact the stock dropped AFTER the stock offering like always is the case, especially for high risk stocks.
    Apr 22, 2015. 07:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    And I never will, because it is not my problem to show that I am a doctor. For me it is OK if you do not believe.
    Apr 22, 2015. 07:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The "Investor Day" is not the right place to show up that work. It was already show up as I said in one more appropriate arena.
    Apr 22, 2015. 07:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    1 Doctornews33
    2 edott.it
    3 Scienza e Professione
    Are online websites.

Then there are hundreds of congress were only doctors are allowed to discuss
    specific arguments.
    Apr 17, 2015. 05:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Doctors are prescribing MRI TAC and PET. They are already approved. You may not be aware, but doctors are and they are prescribing these tests. In the case of Colon cancer TAC (CTC) is more used than MRI and my data comes from publication I have quoted in the past like Nature and others. Basically colonscopy is OK for Colon, but MRI and CTC can provide also information for extracolon lesions and this can be very important when you are not sure the location of the cancer. Sometime you have colon symptoms, but the cancer is out of the colon.
    Apr 17, 2015. 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Some tumoral DNA can be present even in the blood.
    Apr 17, 2015. 05:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I was replying to ET who asked about a company. The point I was making is that NOT NECESSARILY a company is involved in a research. A patent can be assigned also to an institute, an University. In this case it is not a company it is the Institute of Montpellier. You should explain this to ET not to me.

The fact that some polyps may not be detected by FIT is already accounted for in the numbers. It is irrelevant to talk about the reasons. Whatever the reason the numbers ddo not change. The sensitivity is around 20% lower and it is not caused just by the fact that some polyps do not bleed. They soon or later generally bleed, but it is irrelevant to indagate further, what is important is to understand how much more sensitivity cologuard can provide in relation to the increased cost. 20% more sensitivity with 2000% more cost.
    Genetic research CAN overcome this problem: you are confonding 2 things totally different. One thing is the DNA of the non tumoral cells, another thing is the DNA of the tumoral cells. We are not talking about preventive medicine here, but about diagnostic tests, not risk of disease, but actual disease.
    About the stool test you cannot agree with ET because I simply corrected his statement that a new test ccould be just a blood test. This is untrue, it is very possible that another company or laboratory will put in place another stool test with different method. The question of the better compliance for the blood test is intuitive because people normally do blood test more often than stool tests. It is not necessary a degree here, so even you and ET should understand this point.
    Finally I pointed out something extremely CONCRETE : The Institute of Montpellier put in place a new test and published this test in Nature Medicine. This is a fact, something concrete. It is not yet comercialized of course otherwise EXAS would take a hit, but this is the risk, that soon or later, the Montpellier institute, the University of Pisa or some other still unknown institute will commercialize a new competitive test like aalways happen in the Genetic arena. Look at Myriad, which is facing competition very well, but in other cases, other companies are not so strong to face competition. I have a little position in Exas, but I am ready to go out.
    Apr 17, 2015. 05:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment