PSalerno

View PSalerno's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Blood In The Streets, It's Time To Buy Russia [View article]
    It would be a trading suspension, not an expropriation, and would not affect the company at all.
    Apr 16 01:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Exact Sciences Buy VolitionRx? [View article]
    The high in regular sessions was 15.60, not 16.98.
    Apr 14 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Over Walter Energy [View article]
    My math was wrong, I meant 70xAltman Z-score: 7/0.1 and 28/0.4
    Apr 14 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Phone Could Be A Catastrophe For Amazon [View article]
    I don't think the phone itself would be a catastrophe, as it could gain some additional customers, but AMZN is going through a process of reprising at lower levels. I am taking profit from my short positions at current levels, but the stock could still go lower during the summer.
    Apr 14 07:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Blood In The Streets, It's Time To Buy Russia [View article]
    Russia has its own banks and can sell energy to China, Iran and other Asian countries. Europe is going to be hit hardest.
    Apr 14 06:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Exact Sciences Buy VolitionRx? [View article]
    I do not follow epigenomics.
    My biotech stock was MYGN, up 100% in 3 months.
    Apr 13 04:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Blood In The Streets, It's Time To Buy Russia [View article]
    The Ukrainian people is split in Russian and not Russian. They are going to a civil war and Russia could intervene. Europe should pay 35B in few days to get gas from Russia into Ukraine and Europe. I do not think they will pay. Obama sent a ship into the region, so something bad could happen.
    The effect of this "gun-boat diplomacy" on Russia is zero as they can turn USA into a country full of radioactive dust.
    Apr 13 07:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Over Walter Energy [View article]
    One year ago I calculated the Altman Z-score: it was 0.41, already in distressed zone, with stock price much higher : $28. Looks like the stock is priced 4x AltmanZ-score. Problems are not ending.
    I am starting to look at natural gas stock, but it is difficult to analyze them, there are many variables.
    Apr 12 01:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco Plc: Is A 6% Yield Enough To Overcome The Risks Involved In Holding The Shares? [View article]
    Alexander- Thank you, I did not realize you were the same author.
    INTC did fine even if below my expectation for some weakness in new products, anyway I slightly reduced some position and sold some calls, as new opportunities are coming out, and ESV could be one of them as you stated.
    Apr 12 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: He Who Laughs Last, Laughs Best [View article]
    Icahn had an initial success, but the mega squeeze and the buy-out did not materialize. In the long term Ackman will be the winner IMO.
    Apr 12 10:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Chances Of The Government Shutting Down Herbalife Are Much Greater Than Zero [View article]
    Toolman - the unsustainable growth was the growth of the last 6-7 years. Before the growth was not so intense. Ackman was basically correct in his report even if probably a total shutdown will not happen.
    Apr 11 04:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Unsustainable in current growth. I am not betting HLF will go to zero, I am saying it will go to 10-20 range, but I will close my residual short well before, in the next few months.
    Apr 11 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Recently I bought DO near the low because of lower valuation, but I like ESV as well. I see the high dividend as a negative for DO, I prefer a buy back, but ESV dividend has no withholding tax for me, so it is not so negative. SDRL is still in a downtrend and the dividend is paid by debt, but could do well in the future, even if I am less positive.
    Apr 11 07:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I found the Ackman report quite convincing, even if I knew the trade would not have been linear, because of the excessive publicity. Even without any FTC or SEC intervention the stock will crash down in few years, as these kind of business is not sustainable.
    Apr 10 02:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whole Foods Market Faces A Short-Term Threat [View article]
    It is a threat, whether short term or not is debatable, but there are no significant barriers to enter in the sector. I have WFM on my watch list as a possible short.
    Apr 10 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment