PTSD Trader

View PTSD Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Letter To American Apparel's Discredited Board Of Directors [View article]
    Disagree! Sex is what has MADE the American Apparel brand. I'm in favor of reigning in Dov and not putting him back into the CEO spot, or just removing him altogether. However, you cannot take the "sex" out of the brand. That would be a huge mistake.
    Jul 18 10:34 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioFuel Energy Corp.: More Dilution And Shareholder Loss On The Horizon [View article]
    You guys are missing the larger point of David Einhorn's transaction. They are turning this company into a revenue generating home builder, which will eventually generate between 1.50 and 2.50 per share. The land owned by JBGL is key in this endeavor.
    Jul 16 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Acadia Remains On Track With Pimavanserin Program [View article]
    I will continue to slowly add to my ACAD holdings under $18. We could get multiple chances this year as the crazy bio-bull market of the last half-decade takes a breather. I still believe this is a $60+ stock in 1.5 to 2 years. Pimavanserin is a game changer and a blockbuster. Thanks for the update Jason.
    May 7 12:05 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Apparel: Our Long Investment Thesis [View article]
    You were right on this stock once, and you were right on PLUG. And, you are a good guy based on my conversations with you over on Stocktwits :) I'm long with you on APP. Cheers!
    Apr 23 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kandi Technologies: The Latest Bubble Stock? [View article]
    Your article could have been one sentence: "KNDI is technically overstretched."

Thanks.
    Mar 18 12:49 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Netflix On Amazon Prime Success [View article]
    I did; I did not have the courage to hold puts through earnings :) No doubt about it, NFLX crushed this quarter. I still think the space is slowly getting more and more saturated. May take a few more quarters to show up.
    Jan 23 12:14 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Is Facing Too Many Headwinds To Justify Its Current Valuation [View article]
    Nice article. Would not be surprised to see a squeeze after Wednesday earnings release, but then down from there. I own puts and may sell them before earnings to take out some risk. After earnings, I will likely repurchase puts.
    Jan 20 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Netflix: The Icahn Thesis Is Flawed [View article]
    Hope some of you profited:

Jan 15 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Netflix On Amazon Prime Success [View article]
    Sold my Jan puts just now for 424% gain. :) :) Still holding Feb and March puts. I'm looking for a price target of $300, although, I'm not sure I will have the courage to hold them through earnings which is next week (Jan 22nd).

I really hope some of you profited from this. This has been one of my better calls. :) :)
    Jan 15 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Netflix: The Icahn Thesis Is Flawed [View article]
    Nice call sir!! Just sold my Jan puts today for 424% gain. Still holding some Feb and March though. Price target for me now is $300.

Netflix was/is the perfect combination of overvaluation and increasing competition. The trigger today was the Net Neutrality ruling via our fine legal system.

Good luck!
    Jan 15 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gundlach steps into the gold miners [View news story]
    Professionals have loved shorting gold in 2013 for two reasons:
    1) Its been working.
    2) The ridiculous "end of world" dogma of goldbugs allows for their continual punishment.

I am a trend trader who has recently gone long gold miners. My thesis for this is the dollar will test lows sometime over the next quarter. Look at the behavior of gold whenever the dollar tests lows.

Also, I suspect 2014 is the year the short gold trade stops working. Anticipate a huge squeeze at some point.
    Jan 14 05:03 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Netflix: The Icahn Thesis Is Flawed [View article]
    You mean, they already have pay arrangements with ISPs?
    Jan 14 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Netflix: The Icahn Thesis Is Flawed [View article]
    Love this article! Nice job. I wrote one recently too that focused squarely on Amazon Prime entering into the market full force. Between content costs and drastically increased competition, NFLX is a short on valuation IMO. To top it off, TODAY, the US Court of Appeals denied Net Neutrality opening the possibility that ISPs can now charge companies which consume inordinate amounts of bandwidth on ISP networks. This is a big development and I'm really surprised the stock is not tanking today. Is there something I don't know about this?
    Jan 14 02:06 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Facts About Plug Power [View article]
    Dr. Akston,
    I do not own PLUG, so I consider myself unbiased. I wrote an article on it awhile back, but unfortunately failed to profit much. Judging by the number of comments on this article, you have stirred up a hornets nest. And judging by your past articles, I have a gut feeling this is exactly what you intended to do. Your past articles are vastly over-weighted to low volume, low priced stocks where your articles can have an impact. I'm sure you will not answer my inquiry, but I wonder if you would have the courage to post a link to your hedge fund's prospectus? I wonder if your edge lies in exploiting unsuspecting retail crowds based on sentiment data from Twitter or perhaps other stock message boards. I do know that groups that use such cheap exploit tricks are growing as a result of "mood measuring" through social media. All it would take is a positive readout of "Euphoria" and then just a spark of fear. An article like this one would be perfect.

If you do use such tactics, shame on you! There are more ethical ways to make money. I'm guessing you probably hangout with lots of intellectual property infringement lawyers.
    Jan 8 10:11 PM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Healthcare Stocks To Avoid This Year [View article]
    Couple reasons why you are wrong on Acadia:

1) Unlike Vringo, Acadia has very strong institutional support. Anytime you make an investment, insider support or institutional support should be a factor. In Acadia's case I would not bet against the Bakers, or Peter Kolchinsky of RA Capital. Both have been very right during this biotech bull market

2) As outlined in the article yesterday, there really hasn't been a change in behavior by insiders. Acadia, apparently, has a generous stock options plan where options grants are fairly frequent and insiders have been selling on the way up for quite awhile now.

3) Most importantly, you are overlooking ADP results which could DRASTICALLY move the stock. Results from the phase II ADP trial are due in May and, if they are positive, Wall Street models will be adjusted to include Alzheimer's psychosis patients as a treatable population for pimavanserin. That population is 5x the size of PDP patients. If results are positive, I would expect the stock to double.

Good luck!