qia

View qia's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Power-One: The Solar Lynchpin [View article]
    Thank you. I will have a earnings update up soon.
    Jul 29 12:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery: A Long Story [View article]
    I'm very curious what the new material is? Could you direct me to the article you are referring to?
    Jul 20 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Power-One: The Solar Lynchpin [View article]
    Power-One and SMA's microinverter lines are in there very early stages. I do think their products will take share from Enphase, it is a timing issue. I think that if by the end of 2012, early 2013, Enphase is still in such poor fiscal shape, significant flows will move to Power-One and SMA. I think with this industry it is about sustainability because the product lifetime is so extended. I still think that Enphase has great products, but it is much more than that. I am curious to see how this all unfolds. As for China, I don't know what Enphase's production capacity is in the region.
    Thanks for the comments.
    Jul 20 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Power-One: The Solar Lynchpin [View article]
    I agree with you that it has been quite a fall, but I think the levels it is at, given its assets, are insane.

The market is tumultuous and will continue to be, but as Europe cuts FiTs Asian governments increase renewable energy targets. There will be a market going forward. I'm not saying there will not be more rough roads, but I believe that Power-One will emerge as one of the major players.
    Jul 12 02:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Power-One: The Solar Lynchpin [View article]
    Thank you, I will continue to add to this as the saga unfolds.
    Jul 12 02:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Power-One: The Solar Lynchpin [View article]
    Yes, I agree completely. Service and warranty are two of the primary components that have propelled Power-One to its position today. I don't expect that to change in the future given the strength of the balance sheet.
    Jul 12 02:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CIC Energy Is An Interesting Speculation In The Micro Coal Space [View article]
    Very detailed write up, I do have a question though. Given the failed renewal of the Mmamabula South license, what are the chances the the government will choose not to renew the Mmamabula East site as well? Given that they only have two years left and you note that production is at least 3-4 years away, that could be a serious problem. Thanks.
    Jul 8 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery: A Long Story [View article]
    Thank you. And thank you for all of your inputs, they have raised some good questions and things to look for in the coming future. I think this market is in a good spot right now and I am excited to watch the story unfold.
    Jul 7 07:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery: A Long Story [View article]
    Ok, so you see them outsourcing both sides of their products and then assembling in house. The problem is you leave yourself open to fluctuations in price and you can't control quantity output as easily if you enter into contracts (leaving you open to further market volatility). I don't know who is left of ERII's old ceramics suppliers, I believe they used to manufacture there own at a different plant.

Who would they ally with? There aren't very many market players to begin with. I don't see them doing anything with Flowserve, seeing as they recently acquired Calder. FEDCO, maybe, but that would require FEDCO to move into an entirely new market segment which wouldn't necessarily give Isobaric the exposure you are talking about.
    Jul 7 11:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery: A Long Story [View article]
    Do you have a relative size of there 8 inch diameter S-Model? In there marketing documents it seems to be much larger than the one you attached earlier. The question then lies with there manufacturing set up, are they vertically integrated or do they outsource? What is their capacity? These factors directly affect the production price.

I do discuss how the product materials and design help to allow ERII's PX device to attain such high uptime, but as the old adage goes "correlation does not imply causation." I am not saying that the XPR doesn't have equal uptime, but I don't think you can just make that assumption given the costs that are potentially involved.
    Jul 6 09:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery: A Long Story [View article]
    Thank you for pointing this out. I am familiar with Isobarix, but since they are private there is very little information on the company, much less the products themselves. The link you have attached is rather old and not representative of the current situation. Energy Recovery has four newer iterations since that publication, all of which are more efficient. However, I will say that Isobarix does have a newer release that would appear to be superior to the PX-Q300. My question is where are they in the market? How does the product compare on price and scalability? Finally, what is the uptime? Since all of these are very important in any analysis I don't think you can make assumptions. I would love to hear any further information you have on the products. I too am trying to find out more and I will keep this post updated with any new information I uncover.
    Jul 6 01:57 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery: A Long Story [View article]
    Thank you for the support.

Yes that cash flow question is key and I have been following their dwindling balance for the last year. I think this year will be the last of big losses and then 2013-2014 will be very close to breakeven (if not positive). They are in a better position every quarter with more mega project revenue coming online. They also just entered into the new loan facility with HSBC worth $16m. Given this liquidity I think that they will make it through, this quarter that just ended will be the most indicative.

Oil and Gas updates would be great, I hope they address them on their next conference call.
    Jul 4 11:56 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Genie Energy: Small Cap Value Stock With Upside 'Call Option' Attached [View article]
    This is very intriguing. Great write up. Who do they compete with in the utility subsidiary?
    Jun 8 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prophecy Coal: A Tale Of The Misunderstood [View instapost]
    Given the nature and timeline of the project I do not have any concrete price targets. In the short run expect increased volatility around the announcement of the PEA, PPA, and Project Financing. In the long run I think once the financing is secured the coal operations will stabalize until the power plant is operational, beginning in 2015. Approaching this date I expect the company share price to appreciate significantly as the npv of the project really becomes a reality.

Sorry I do not have any specific price target, the timeline is just too long given the current state of the global markets for me to feel confident spitting out a number.
    May 19 07:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Power-One: Trouble In Europe Looms [View article]
    I agree with you that it is extremely cheap, but I think that given the markets right now there is still a good chance that this trends lower. Especially when they actually give the guidance for Q3 because that will be low. I think it is very cheap, just not at the bottom yet.

They stated that they would be subject to taxes, but yes they could find some way to manipulate the system.
    May 19 12:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment