QuandaryFX

View QuandaryFX's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy The Euro, Short The Franc, And Profit From The Currency War [View article]
    Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate your comment.

QuandaryFX
    Sep 19 07:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prepare To Short Gold [View article]
    My personal favorite: Devil Take the Hindmost

Thanks for your feedback
    Dec 7 02:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy The Fiscal Cliff [View article]
    Thanks for your feedback. Fortunately, I am not relying on luck but rather a tested system which has proven to beat the market consistently for 62 years.

Best of luck with your trades.
    Dec 7 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prepare To Short Gold [View article]
    That is entirely possible. This is why I advocate only participating when technical analysis confirms the breakdown. This will protect investors in the event that price continues its upward climb.
    Dec 7 02:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prepare To Short Gold [View article]
    QE3 actually had a depressive effect on gold in that price is down 5% from the announcement. If you study historic QE announcements, you'll probably find a decreasing marginal benefit to risk assets from each announcement. QE4 very well may lead to price declines.
    Dec 7 09:49 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prepare To Short Gold [View article]
    I differentiate this mentioned type of demand from actual demand. Actual demand is the industrial and business uses of the commodity. Any other purchase is investment / speculation which I believe is most appropriately categorized as sentiment. What will cause gold prices to (ultimately) plummet is the exhausted buying power of the masses. When this happens, it will gradually become a rush to exit, in my opinion.
    This is why I provided a technical framework on my analysis. This report may be incorrect and prices could go up 1000% - by using technical analysis we can best time our investment and protect capital during trading.
    Dec 7 09:46 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prepare To Short Gold [View article]
    My funds are tied up in SPXL and currency positions. My trading horizon is a few weeks to a month so my most suitable investment at the moment is in the market. Here's my justification:

Dec 7 09:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Prepare To Short Gold [View article]
    Good read: Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. It talks extensively about bubbles. One of the prime methods you can detect a bubble on Seeking Alpha is the large quantity of dissident on an article. The existence of a bubble requires most of the public to be positioned in the direction of the trend, by definition.

Dec 7 09:36 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prepare To Short Gold [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback,

Gold is actually down 5% from the announcement of QE3. Each addition of QE has caused a decrease in marginal benefit to risk assets. QE4 very well may cause further declines in price.

Best of luck with your investments.
    Dec 7 09:32 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prepare To Short Gold [View article]
    Thanks for the question. I think supply and demand are trivial for gold - we have 44 times the quarterly supply literally sitting in some form of storage. I really think what's driving the market is overly-bullish sentiment which is experiencing a correction.
    Dec 7 09:30 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital: Buy The Recovery [View article]
    My sole objective is to profit and only price pays. It makes sense to only be long when price has the highest potential of increasing in the future - and I view that as an increase above $12.30.

Thanks for the feedback
    Nov 27 05:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy The Multi-Year Trend In CF Industries Holdings [View article]
    Price found support last week at $192. My technical target was $190 per share, but I believe any long position could be rewarded as long as price stays above the ascending lower trend line (currently at $186). So yeah, being long right now is a good idea.
    Nov 26 05:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bottom Is Near For Strayer Education [View article]
    At the time of writing, $90 per share was a relevant participation point. Now, I would consider somewhere around $60-$70 per share a solid entry point.

Trend following is good in that it ensures you'll be with price momentum. Trend following is bad in that your entry signal comes after some lag. Price needs to rise significantly percentage wise to reverse its current downtrend. Specifically, any rise above $62 per share will have technically signaled the end of the downtrend.
    Nov 26 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bottom Is Near For Strayer Education [View article]
    This is the importance of following the trend. As I recommended, individuals should wait until price confirms a fundamental signal prior to acting. Those who followed my recommendation would still be in cash and now in a stronger position to profit in the future.
    Nov 26 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yum Looks Tasty In The Near Future [View article]
    Thank you for your valuable feedback,

My opinion is that an increase in food price will be offset by hedges put in place by management. I believe that they have better food-price forecasters than we think and they will effectively deal with the issue.

Practically though, I believe all of this is factored into the price already. I believe that we should only trade the security when it actually gives us a technical reason for participation.
    Nov 26 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment