Quasi Trader

View Quasi Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Rentech Acquires Largest Producer of Wood Pellets for U.S. Heating Market [View article]
    But Blackstone provided capital specifically for RTK to expand the wood pellet business and ultimately to IPO it. Blackstone also placed three adults to the BOD. I think it's finally time to give RTK a shot.
    May 2 02:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Two $4 Energy Plays On The Move [View article]
    I think IO can do $.80 in 2014. Exit the year around $8-$10 per share. Those analyst targets will be rising soon.
    Feb 14 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: We Are Right And Wall Street Is Wrong [View article]
    Perhaps the best article I’ve read on SA for quite some time. I hope very few people read it. Because if too many investors begin to realize how to really make oneself rich in the stock market then this wonderfully inefficient market will become more efficient and I will find it more difficult to trounce the market.
    Feb 9 01:35 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deja Vu, BlackBerry [View article]
    Folks, this what you can expect when you seek to double or triple your money. BBRY has sum of the parts value of at least what it trades for. And now you have the best man for the job of turning the business around with plenty of liquidity at his disposal. The author and others like them should absolutely go out and buy the undusputed leaders in all their respective markets, sit back, and enjoy those 7% annual returns.

They will never find an APPL 15 years ago or a HPQ or GNW 15 months ago. They simply don’t have the foresight.
    Jan 31 04:35 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Why You Must Buy This Stock [View article]
    I side with Rob on this issue. One needs to look to further than CSCO to see how the practice Rob describes destroys shareholder value.
    Jan 17 07:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Dump Zynga And Glu Mobile For This Stock [View article]
    Or was I thinking of hot cakes ?
    Dec 30 06:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Dump Zynga And Glu Mobile For This Stock [View article]
    I thought pancake sales were on the decline.
    Dec 30 06:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vale Is A Bargain Today [View article]
    I look for +50% for VALE in 2014
    Dec 30 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Best Stocks For 2014 [View article]
    I've been all over VALE lately. Couldn't care less what Jim Chanos thinks.
    Dec 25 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Positive Results For Cohort 3 Had Counterintuitive Effect On Senesco [View article]
    If SNS01-T works as well in humans as it does in mice and gets FDA approval then SNTI is a $10 billion company. Even factoring for a tripling in share count that’s a $1,000 stock.
    Dec 10 01:18 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile: Extremely Overhyped Even When Ignoring All Signs Of Fraud [View article]
    If I assume there is no fraud then I see a company trading at less than 10 times 2014 estimates. How is that extremely overhyped?
    Nov 26 11:23 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Money Real? [View article]
    Sadly, I've just discovered my personal cash balances are not real. Please don't tell my creditors.
    Nov 21 07:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cosi: Meet The Poor Man's Panera [View article]
    I will assume that the company owned stores are in leased spaces. If so, liquidation value of each location would be around 10 cents on the dollar. That is not to say there is nothing here. It may be a turn around or activist story and seems worthy of more research. However, if you believe there is a tangible asset story here you are mistaken. It may be worth mentioning that I have extensive experience as a restaurant owner.
    Jun 5 01:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tecumseh: Immediate Action By Board Of Directors Could Richly Reward Shareholders [View article]
    On the earnings call today management said they will post a Power Point presentation and hold a conference call concerning strategic alternatives next week.

You can listen to the call at the link below. The above is discussed at about the 32:00 mark.

May 7 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deere: Price Weakness Presents A Buying Opportunity [View article]
    I agree that investors should give DE serious consideration at this time. CNH and AGCO are also bargains in my opinion. CAT is an exceptional buy at these levels as well. I do not think TEX and CMI should be listed in your table as competitors.
    Feb 23 01:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment