Quasi Trader

View Quasi Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Tecumseh: Immediate Action By Board Of Directors Could Richly Reward Shareholders [View article]
    Barron's reports today on Roumell's latest 13D. Here is part of what they report:

Roumell cited two recent instances when individual investors "showed substantial interest" but said it is "concerned that the company is not sufficiently considering these, and possibly other, legitimate ideas being put forth." Specifically, Roumell called on the board to "immediately engage in substantive negotiations" with one of the outside investors.

Jan 19 02:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That's a great question for which I have no answer. At least we know the company met with the rep in the first instance.

Incidentally, I wrote the BOD today to inquirer as to whether or not they have attempted to verify Roumell’s claims of property value particularly pertaining to the Hyderabad property. And to generally remind them who they work for. Here is the address for any interested shareholders.

Lead Director
    c/o General Counsel & Secretary
    1136 Oak Valley Drive
    Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108
    Jan 18 04:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tecumseh: Possible Restructuring May Trigger Windfall For Investors [View article]
    I’m no expert on Indian Real Estate, but Roumell claims to have hired at least one. I encourage you to read Exhibit 7.02 here.
    Jan 9 02:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Fair questions. I can only speculate. Roumells reduction from 21.6% out to 20.5% is pretty small. That may have been a move they had to make to meet redemptions in the fund.

I’d like to see more insider buying, but there is an incentive program in place. It was put in place by the board on March 12, 2012 and rewards executives based on adjusted ROC. They’ll do fine if they show results. http://bit.ly/13hhJUc
    Jan 8 09:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Best International ETFs For 2013 [View article]
    DXJ hedges out the currency risk of investing in Japan.
    Jan 4 10:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Yahoo: Should You Buy Into Mayer's Vision? [View article]
    After backing out the after tax value of Yahoo's investments in Alibaba and Yahoo Japan as well as net cash you find Yahoo' price multiples are not at all high.
    Nov 2 02:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Key To Outperformance [View article]
    When you wrote your Top 10 List, incredibly, I already owned half of your picks. And I only owned 12 stocks at the time! I owned C, BAC, MTW, TEX, MWA. I bought the rest of your recommendations except for USG. I have had an incredible year so far and have recently lighted up quite a bit on many names. But that’s why I’m called quasiTRADER and not quasiINVESTOR. I’m expecting stocks to come in a little very soon and will re-enter then.

There is one financial I have not lighted up on and would like to know you’re opinion. That’s GNW.

Keep up the good work. Look forward to the regional bank picks.
    Mar 18 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potential Spin-Offs To Consider (Part 1) [View article]
    HIG trades at .43 X TB and 5.81 X FE. Besides AIG, can you name any peers that trade that low?
    Mar 15 11:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chesapeake Still Spells Trouble To Me [View article]
    Dana, Just reclassify half their leases as "short term investments" then the balance sheet doesn't look so bad.

-Long CHK
    Mar 7 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could Chesapeake Be 2012's First Solar? [View article]
    Good points, Dana. However, I do think you’ve underestimated the remaining assets. Good for you for responding to comments also! Have a look at my technical take on CHK if you like.

Cheers!
    Feb 14 07:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mr. Market And Chesapeake's Monetization Plans [View article]
    Judging from most of the responses here, at least anecdotally, sentiment seems quite bearish on CHK. All the better as far as I’m concerned. Please take a look at my instablog where I’ve posted a long term chart of CHK. I must be looking for trouble ;)

Feb 14 07:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Could Chesapeake Be 2012's First Solar? [View article]
    Don't they have about 1 million acres in the mississippian?
    Feb 14 07:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mr. Market And Chesapeake's Monetization Plans [View article]
    30 MONTHS..... 2 1/2 years.
    Feb 13 09:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mr. Market And Chesapeake's Monetization Plans [View article]
    I have to agree that for investment potential and entertainment value in this sector CHK takes the cake. But SD is running a close second. Both CEOs are insane and brilliant! I have no doubt that both companies will reward me with triples from here in 30 months.
    Feb 13 07:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment