Quasi Trader

View Quasi Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • BlackBerry: We Are Right And Wall Street Is Wrong [View article]
    Perhaps the best article I’ve read on SA for quite some time. I hope very few people read it. Because if too many investors begin to realize how to really make oneself rich in the stock market then this wonderfully inefficient market will become more efficient and I will find it more difficult to trounce the market.
    Feb 9 01:35 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile: Extremely Overhyped Even When Ignoring All Signs Of Fraud [View article]
    If I assume there is no fraud then I see a company trading at less than 10 times 2014 estimates. How is that extremely overhyped?
    Nov 26 11:23 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deja Vu, BlackBerry [View article]
    Folks, this what you can expect when you seek to double or triple your money. BBRY has sum of the parts value of at least what it trades for. And now you have the best man for the job of turning the business around with plenty of liquidity at his disposal. The author and others like them should absolutely go out and buy the undusputed leaders in all their respective markets, sit back, and enjoy those 7% annual returns.

They will never find an APPL 15 years ago or a HPQ or GNW 15 months ago. They simply don’t have the foresight.
    Jan 31 04:35 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Positive Results For Cohort 3 Had Counterintuitive Effect On Senesco [View article]
    If SNS01-T works as well in humans as it does in mice and gets FDA approval then SNTI is a $10 billion company. Even factoring for a tripling in share count that’s a $1,000 stock.
    Dec 10 01:18 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could Chesapeake Be 2012's First Solar? [View article]
    Don't they have about 1 million acres in the mississippian?
    Feb 14 07:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Dump Zynga And Glu Mobile For This Stock [View article]
    Or was I thinking of hot cakes ?
    Dec 30 06:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mr. Market And Chesapeake's Monetization Plans [View article]
    I have to agree that for investment potential and entertainment value in this sector CHK takes the cake. But SD is running a close second. Both CEOs are insane and brilliant! I have no doubt that both companies will reward me with triples from here in 30 months.
    Feb 13 07:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Dump Zynga And Glu Mobile For This Stock [View article]
    I thought pancake sales were on the decline.
    Dec 30 06:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Money Real? [View article]
    Sadly, I've just discovered my personal cash balances are not real. Please don't tell my creditors.
    Nov 21 07:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • After Doubling This Year, Tecumseh Still Has Huge Upside [View article]
    Your letter to the BOD is absolutely excellent. I really wish you would post it in its entirety here so others might follow your example.
    Feb 23 01:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sorry Bears, We're In A Secular Bull Market [View article]
    A secular bull market is defined as an uptrend that lasts a long time with only small bear markets within it. It has nothing to do with debt, GDP, unemployment, earnings, or anything else. Just that a market goes up for a long time. So, how long is long?
    Feb 22 08:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sorry Bears, We're In A Secular Bull Market [View article]
    To all the bears: What constitutes a secular bull market? Most definitions simply define one as an uptrend that lasts a “long time.” March will mark four years. Is that long enough? Is five years long enough? Do you think price matters? The DOW is flagging 66 points under it’s all time highs and will break out very soon, perhaps Monday. Would that qualify, at least for the DOW. The RUT is already at all time highs as is the Dow Trans. The S&P is not far away. So, would price count? If not, how long over the old highs do we need to trade before you define it as secular? I just want to know how we can define when the author is right.
    Feb 22 08:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Genworth Turned The Corner? [View article]
    Excellent article! GNW is my largest holding. Any guesses on an Australian MI IPO?
    Jan 22 04:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tecumseh: Possible Restructuring May Trigger Windfall For Investors [View article]
    I’m no expert on Indian Real Estate, but Roumell claims to have hired at least one. I encourage you to read Exhibit 7.02 here.
    Jan 9 02:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Best International ETFs For 2013 [View article]
    DXJ hedges out the currency risk of investing in Japan.
    Jan 4 10:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment