Quasi Trader

View Quasi Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Vertex Energy: Oversold And Under-Appreciated [View article]
    You model 2015 revenue of $474 million with EPS of $0.84. The 5 analysts who cover the stock have average revenue estimates of $392 million with EPS of $0.56

What do you think they are missing?
    Dec 2, 2014. 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech Acquires Largest Producer of Wood Pellets for U.S. Heating Market [View article]
    But Blackstone provided capital specifically for RTK to expand the wood pellet business and ultimately to IPO it. Blackstone also placed three adults to the BOD. I think it's finally time to give RTK a shot.
    May 2, 2014. 02:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Two $4 Energy Plays On The Move [View article]
    I think IO can do $.80 in 2014. Exit the year around $8-$10 per share. Those analyst targets will be rising soon.
    Feb 14, 2014. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Why You Must Buy This Stock [View article]
    I side with Rob on this issue. One needs to look to further than CSCO to see how the practice Rob describes destroys shareholder value.
    Jan 17, 2014. 07:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vale Is A Bargain Today [View article]
    I look for +50% for VALE in 2014
    Dec 30, 2013. 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Best Stocks For 2014 [View article]
    I've been all over VALE lately. Couldn't care less what Jim Chanos thinks.
    Dec 25, 2013. 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cosi: Meet The Poor Man's Panera [View article]
    I will assume that the company owned stores are in leased spaces. If so, liquidation value of each location would be around 10 cents on the dollar. That is not to say there is nothing here. It may be a turn around or activist story and seems worthy of more research. However, if you believe there is a tangible asset story here you are mistaken. It may be worth mentioning that I have extensive experience as a restaurant owner.
    Jun 5, 2013. 01:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tecumseh: Immediate Action By Board Of Directors Could Richly Reward Shareholders [View article]
    On the earnings call today management said they will post a Power Point presentation and hold a conference call concerning strategic alternatives next week.

You can listen to the call at the link below. The above is discussed at about the 32:00 mark.

May 7, 2013. 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deere: Price Weakness Presents A Buying Opportunity [View article]
    I agree that investors should give DE serious consideration at this time. CNH and AGCO are also bargains in my opinion. CAT is an exceptional buy at these levels as well. I do not think TEX and CMI should be listed in your table as competitors.
    Feb 23, 2013. 01:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sorry Bears, We're In A Secular Bull Market [View article]
    So when I ask you when the secular bear market started you’ll tell me March 2000, right? Yet the S&P peaked at 1552 and is 1515 now. Where’s the bear market? The market’s two huge declines have been matched by rallies of the same magnitude. The market has been range bound for 13 years with cyclical bull and bear markets within it. Anyone who calls this period a secular bear market simply can’t read a chart. Furthermore, if this market breaks out then looking at any very long term chart, say 50 years or more, this 13 year period will look like consolidation within a secular bull market that began in 1994.
    Feb 22, 2013. 11:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sorry Bears, We're In A Secular Bull Market [View article]
    "I think people usually think about 12-20 years. IN other words, there should be plenty of time to get on board if this turns out to be the real deal. ; )"

I agree.
    Feb 22, 2013. 09:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sorry Bears, We're In A Secular Bull Market [View article]
    Pollyserial, I noticed you wrote “secular bear market.” Since peaking about where we are now in 2000, the S&P fell for two years to about 800. Then rose over a five year period back to where it was. Then declined again to 700ish in about one year and rose back to where we are now, where we started. In other words: we have had two declines and two ascensions of equal magnitude since 2000. You cannot say that either decline is a secular bear market without labeling the uptrends secular bulls. The truth is all four trends were cyclical.
    Feb 22, 2013. 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sorry Bears, We're In A Secular Bull Market [View article]
    Dear Jonathan, You are a genius. I had to read the article quickly so I could get the the comments.

Signed, -QT
    Feb 22, 2013. 07:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Makes You Want To Say: Yahoo! [View article]
    This article links to yours.

Feb 13, 2013. 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Makes You Want To Say: Yahoo! [View article]
    Wow! Seth. A shout out from Barron's. Oh my..
    Feb 13, 2013. 02:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment