Quinn Bredl

View Quinn Bredl's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Should You Short Lululemon? [View article]
    The store closest to me is actually in a high end town; but it's empty every time I walk by. Maybe I just scare everyone away.
    Jul 17, 2012. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Short Lululemon? [View article]
    While I do think that Amazon is extremely overpriced, bankruptcy is unlikely since there are currently no creditors to be repaid.
    Jul 17, 2012. 01:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Eaton While It's Still Cheap [View article]
    Congrats on making ETN work as a short term trading play; I'm more focused on the long term, personally. But about the shorts, I'm not worried about them at all. There's not much more room to the downside, unless something drastic occurs, so they should be covering their positions soon. And if the market was to have a strong rally, a short squeeze would make you a nice chunk of change in a short amount of time.
    Jul 16, 2012. 06:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Eaton While It's Still Cheap [View article]
    As long as Eaton maintains strong cash flows, they should easily be a able to pay off debt. And if you look at other industrials, like CAT, they hold $1.65B in cash and $35.96B in debt; so there are more concerning balance sheets out there. Eaton's balance sheet might not be perfect; but it shouldn't be a serious concern for investors.
    Jul 16, 2012. 02:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Oil And Gas Services Stocks For Bargain Hunters [View article]
    It may be a good idea to consider adding more to your positition at these price levels if you're feeling confident that oil will rally.
    Jul 14, 2012. 12:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Oil And Gas Services Stocks For Bargain Hunters [View article]
    Of the three, I find Suncor as the most compelling buy. It seems tremendously undervalued with the numbers it has.
    Jul 14, 2012. 12:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Buy Joy Global [View article]
    What really surprises me is how well DE has held up. One would think that the same economic conditions hurting JOY would be hurting DE similarly. This tells me that DE either has a long way down or that JOY has a good run up. But JOY still, in the near term, should be pretty volatile and if it does happen to venture down to the low 40s then I'll definitely be adding more to the position I plan to initiate.
    Jul 12, 2012. 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A 9% Dividend Portfolio For Income Investors [View article]
    Earnings are great; but as long these companies can generate strong cash flows, their dividends should be safe. ETP has pretty volatile FCF, so the dividend is covered some quarters, but not in others. Also, ETP hasn't raised its dividend since the financial crisis so it seems that management is trying to stay somewhat conservative.
    Jul 6, 2012. 03:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A 9% Dividend Portfolio For Income Investors [View article]
    The payout ratio indicates what percentage of earnings is paid out; but what really matters for dividends is free cash flow rather than earnings.
    Jul 6, 2012. 03:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A 9% Dividend Portfolio For Income Investors [View article]
    QUAD seems like an interesting play with solid FCF; but thin margins and a high short interest are things that I'd watch out for.
    Jul 6, 2012. 03:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A 9% Dividend Portfolio For Income Investors [View article]
    Thanks for bringing up this point. I tried digging deeper into some of ETP's cash flows and capex and discovered that they are both extremely unpredictable, so FCF is volatile (covering the dividend some quarters while not doing so in others); but the company has still been able to maintain hefty payouts, although without a dividend increase since mid 2008. I found these links useful. http://bit.ly/NIZzjC
    Jul 6, 2012. 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Independent Oil And Gas Companies For A Natural Gas Rebound [View article]
    It seems like it could be a good play; but with cleaner balance sheets and some modest dividends I'd much rather go with one of the above.
    Jul 1, 2012. 08:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zuckerberg Took My Advice And Turned Facebook Around [View article]
    Since you obviously have a crystal ball, do you mind telling me where you got it? Was it at the same place where you bought your fat ego?
    Jun 27, 2012. 11:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Fertilizer Stocks To Plant In Your Portfolio [View article]
    According to Yahoo Finance, those are the correct numbers for POT.
    Jun 18, 2012. 10:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These 3 Financial Stocks Look Undervalued [View article]
    From a fundamental standpoint all of these stocks seem extremely undervalued. I'm not speaking from a technical standpoint like you may be. And if Buffet thought that Goldman was a good deal at $120, then it must be an absolute steal at $90.
    Jun 18, 2012. 10:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment