Quinn Bredl

View Quinn Bredl's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Cummins Is A Bargain Right Now [View article]
    Looking back I realize that Westport isn't the best comparison to Cummins. Sorry for my misjudgement in that area; but I still believe that Cummins is a solid value at these price levels.
    Jul 20 11:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Solid Diversified Dividends [View article]
    Not trying to insult anybody here, and I don't see at all how this can be offensive as I'm not trying to pass myself off as him.
    Jun 8 10:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RadioShack Is A Sinking Ship: Time To Jump Off [View article]
    I could charge you a few bucks to open up a lemonade stand right next to my juice bar; but we're still competing against each other. And you could bet a whole lot of money that your little lemonade stand isn't going to hold up too well against the competition. And in this case, it hasn't.
    Aug 8 09:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cummins Is A Bargain Right Now [View article]
    That would be the legendary Buddy Holly.
    Jul 20 11:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A 9% Dividend Portfolio For Income Investors [View article]
    Earnings are great; but as long these companies can generate strong cash flows, their dividends should be safe. ETP has pretty volatile FCF, so the dividend is covered some quarters, but not in others. Also, ETP hasn't raised its dividend since the financial crisis so it seems that management is trying to stay somewhat conservative.
    Jul 6 03:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Eaton While It's Still Cheap [View article]
    As long as Eaton maintains strong cash flows, they should easily be a able to pay off debt. And if you look at other industrials, like CAT, they hold $1.65B in cash and $35.96B in debt; so there are more concerning balance sheets out there. Eaton's balance sheet might not be perfect; but it shouldn't be a serious concern for investors.
    Jul 16 02:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A 9% Dividend Portfolio For Income Investors [View article]
    The payout ratio indicates what percentage of earnings is paid out; but what really matters for dividends is free cash flow rather than earnings.
    Jul 6 03:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A 9% Dividend Portfolio For Income Investors [View article]
    QUAD seems like an interesting play with solid FCF; but thin margins and a high short interest are things that I'd watch out for.
    Jul 6 03:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Conoco And Phillips 66: Sum Of Parts Now Worth Less Than Whole [View article]
    You bring up a good point about the valuation, but from late February to early April COP traded north of $75 (which I believe is a fair value) and was later sold off preceding the spin off. The price declined from around $77 in early April to $72 by the end of the month, although the S&P 500 and DJIA held steady around 1400 and 13200, respectively. And I definitely agree that COP and PSX have held value extremely well relative to the market; but that doesn't mean that the market isn't undervalued itself.
    Jun 8 03:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • M&T Bank Warrants: A Long-Term Value Investor's Dream [View article]
    Thanks for pointing out my mistake; I'll be sure to fix that asap. In regard to your question, I definitely think that these are overlooked by the market. A warrant trading at a 0% premium with 5+ until expiration is almost unbelievable. A reason for this could be that the warrants are so deep into the money: the deeper ITM a warrant trades, the smaller the warrant premium. But even so, MTB is a quality company with smart management and strong earnings, and I can see the common trading significantly higher by 2018. If you're long common, I don't see why you shouldn't be long the warrants.
    Jul 20 12:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • M&T Bank Warrants: A Long-Term Value Investor's Dream [View article]
    According to the prospectus it was listed as MTB WS
    Jul 18 04:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 High-Yield Fertilizer MLPs For Income Investors [View article]
    I agree with you 100% on that one Brad. People seem to forget that these days.
    Feb 22 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Long Case For Joy Global Inc. [View article]
    Thanks so much for the encouragement, especially since things can get pretty discouraging in the market. I really do appreciate it.
    Dec 27 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Of My Favorite Oil and Gas Stocks of 2012 [View article]
    That's a great point but my portfolio isn't that heavily weighted in oil and gas; I try to stay somewhat diversified. It just so happens that 3 of my 10 favorite stocks are in the industry.
    Dec 27 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Of My Favorite Oil and Gas Stocks of 2012 [View article]
    Haha definitely the latter. But some think that I do look like him a bit. And Jimmy I'm sorry you feel that way, just trying to get a head start like you apparently did.
    Dec 25 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment