View as an RSS Feed
View Quoth the Raven's Articles BY TICKER:
AA, AAPL, AFL, AIG, AMRN, AMZN, ANGI, ATHN, BAC, BALT, BBRY, BP, BWLD, BYD, C, CLSN, CMCSA, CMG, CROX, CSCO, CSTI, CVS, CVX, DBD, DELL, DIN, DIS, DRYS, EBAY, F, FB, FDX, GE, GM, GMCR, GME, GOOG, GOOGL, GPRO, GRMN, GRPN, HLF, HPQ, INTC, JBLU, JCP, JNJ, JPM, KONA, KORS, KRFT, LMCA, LNKD, LO, LPIH, LULU, M, MBI, MCD, MDBX, MMM, MNK, MNKD, MON, MSFT, NFLX, NGS, NKE, NQ, ODP, OIL, OMX, OXY, P, PEP, PFE, PFHO, PG, PNRA, POT, PRKR, QCOR, RSH, RT, SBUX, SHLD, SIRI, SLV, SODA, TSLA, TWTR, URBN, VRTX, VXX, WFC, WFM, WMT, XOM, YELP, YHOO, YUM, Z
BlackBerry And My Ex-Girlfriend
- BlackBerry restructuring officially ends yesterday.
- John Chen reiterates his guidance about cash flow positive.
- BlackBerry is still a value at these prices, I retain and reaffirm my buy with a PT of $15.
BlackBerry's Chen Is 'Going Rogue'
- BlackBerry's Chen has acknowledged that partnerships aren't currently on the table for the company.
- Chen appears to continue to be resolute and confident that BlackBerry can exist as an entity on its own; I agree.
- Today's acquisition shows the company is aggressive minded and still on the offensive.
BlackBerry: Leaked Passport Video Highlights New Device
- Leaked photos and video of the BlackBerry Passport are making their rounds.
- The device looks to be as robust as its hardware specs are suggesting.
- The Passport could be a major upcoming positive for BlackBerry, if its well received.
BlackBerry Is Now An Obvious Buyout Target, And 4 Other Reasons Not To Worry About The Apple/IBM Deal
- Apple and IBM announced a deal last night to begin working on enterprise solutions together.
- Contrary to the first knee jerk reactions, this is good news for BlackBerry, as it makes them an obvious buyout candidate and sheds light on their advantages.
- I'm long both Apple and BlackBerry and think both stocks head higher here, eventually.
BlackBerry: 3 Keys To Unlock $20 Before 2015
- I've been bullish on BBRY since the day it swapped out Thorsten Heins with Mr. John Chen.
- My price targets for BBRY have been $15 for this year, $20 into next year.
- A couple of longs asked over the weekend what would need to happen to see $20 before this year's end. Here's my answer.
These BlackBerry Updates Look Promising
- Two pieces were out this week on BlackBerry: one celebrating BES 10's security, the other noting that BBM is moving forward on Windows Phone.
- BES and BBM represent two of the core functions that BlackBerry plans on monetizing in the future to help re-grow the company.
- I added to my position by 8% yesterday near $10.60; my short term PT is $15, long term is $20.
BlackBerry's Plans Of World Domination Continuing On, Or Ahead Of, Schedule
- The Z3 has made its way to Jakarta, India, and now Africa.
- Bears seemingly cannot distinguish the BlackBerry of old with John Chen's new juggernaut.
- I'm reaffirming a $15 price target by the end of 2014 for BlackBerry.
BlackBerry: India Import Data Appears To Show Z Phone Imports Doubling In June
- India import data provided by Zauba.com seems to point to doubling in Z3 imports in June.
- This would continue to affirm a small foothold for BlackBerry smartphones in emerging markets.
- While smartphones are a small part of the big picture for BlackBerry, this is good news nonetheless.
BlackBerry's Short Squeeze Just Starting
- BlackBerry's short squeeze likely just getting started.
- Contrary to what news outlets stated yesterday, BlackBerry likely rose on buying and shorts covering, not leaked Passport photos.
- Technical breakout coming and more room for BlackBerry to keep screaming.
BlackBerry: Back Up The Bus; I'm Buying More
- BlackBerry is taking a breather; pulling back after a 15%+ move up after earnings.
- With a calendar full of catalysts until the end of this year, more good news likely on its way before earnings.
- Any BBRY under $10 is a steal, in QTR's opinion, and I'll continue to add as funds are available.
- The Passport could be the new "original BlackBerry" for businesses.
BlackBerry: Is $20 A Reasonable Target?
- $20 is a reasonable target for BBRY as long as John Chen keeps his ship steadily on course.
- BBRY is going to have a technical bullish flag in the next couple of trading days.
- Analyst upgrades will continue to fuel a move up for BBRY stock.
BlackBerry's Bullish Call Offers Clues To Epic Turnaround
- After posting earnings that beat on both lines this morning, BBRY's conference call took place at 8AM this morning.
- John Chen offered a comprehensive update as to business operations, alluding to bigger and better things coming in the future.
- BBM is expected to reach 100 mil MAU by the end of the year, after expanding to Windows. BBRY looks to monetize it by looking into mobile payments.
- The company has a full slate of events and releases to carry it through the end of our 2014, and their FY 2015.
- BlackBerry is at the beginning of an epic turnaround, and shares still look very attractive under $10.
BlackBerry Set To Scream After Chen Delivers On Earnings
- BlackBerry reported fantastic earnings this morning, beating the street on EPS and revenue.
- Gross margin was 48%, the company sold 2.4 million phones, and increased their cash position by $400 million.
- BlackBerry was trading higher by about 10% in pre-market trading. The company's conference call is to follow at 8AM.
BlackBerry And Amazon: This Could Be The Beginning Of A Beautiful Friendship
- One day before BBRY reports earnings, it has announced that the Amazon app store is going to be available on the latest BBRY phones.
- This could be the precursor for a serious partnership between the two companies.
- BlackBerry has moved up 4% on major pre-market volume on this news.
BlackBerry Could See $10 After Earnings
- BlackBerry reports on Thursday of this week.
- The Q-Man loaded up with some BBRY on Tuesday, specifically expecting progress from the coming earnings report.
- If the company has stopped bleeding cash, we could see $10 easily.
- All eyes are going to be focused on revenue, Z3 Jakarta sales, and how close the company is getting to cash flow neutral.
BlackBerry Has An 80% Chance Of Doubling
- John Chen spoke yesterday, cautiously reaffirming his confidence in BlackBerry's turnaround.
- Chen noted that the Z3 launch in Jakarta went "pretty good" and that further metrics would be forthcoming on the next earnings call.
- Chen marked cash flow-neutral as a "coming milestone" for the company.
- If BlackBerry goes cash flow-positive, it's likely the stock will double. John Chen gives the chances of cash flow positive/survival 80%.
This Billionaire Is Missing The BlackBerry Boat
- Much ado about nothing: Dan Loeb discloses he's no longer invested in BlackBerry.
- Much more ado worthy: A BlackBerry insider reiterates its guidance to be cash flow positive by February '15 - that's less than a year away.
- With a rock solid balance sheet and a stock priced near its book value, how much longer can BlackBerry trade at this dirt cheap valuation?
Zero Hour Is Upon BlackBerry
- BlackBerry is launching its Indonesia-specific Z3 this week.
- The results of which will likely predicate how BlackBerry approaches the emerging market handset market.
- John Chen has set the company up for this moment, now it's time to execute.
BlackBerry Will Become A Turnaround Success
- BlackBerry remains the best value that it's been, possibly since it started trading. Its current situation offers major reward, with risk mitigated by balance sheet leverage.
- BBM, QNX, and BlackBerry's patent portfolio are likely worth, as assets, a good portion of the company's market cap.
- BlackBerry remains a great fundamental value with legitimate chance of pushing $10 again this year.
The Party Is Just Getting Started For John Chen And BlackBerry
- Apparently, some people take the attitude that "John Chen must have turned around BlackBerry in 6 months or less, or their pizza should be free".
- The reality of the situation is that Chen is acting in a calculated fashion, and he continues to make tangible progress.
- Chen continues to be the right man for the job.
BlackBerry: I'm A Buyer On Monday - Yes, Again
- The macro market indices got knocked around to end the week.
- BlackBerry was part and parcel with that, shedding even more value as it continues its post-earnings tank.
- With every cent the share price drops, BBRY becomes a better speculative turnaround buy with a rock solid balance sheet.
Why John Chen Is An Asset To BlackBerry
- John Chen's favorite saying is, "I work for the shareholders".
- Chen has no emotional attachment and can approach BBRY with a pragmatic viewpoint.
- Chen is the right man for the job and BBRY stock is undervalued.
BlackBerry: 3 Reasons I'll Keep Buying
- BlackBerry is coming off a couple of analyst downgrades.
- Despite showing clear transitional progress, Mr. Market has pushed BBRY back down to $8.
- I continue to buy based on BBRY's balance sheet strength and John Chen's track record.
I'm A BlackBerry Buyer On Monday, No Questions Asked
- I caught a moderate whooping on BBRY on Friday, but am reloading and buying more on Monday.
- CEO John Chen's emotional detachment from the company is allowing him to make smart decisions.
- Despite what the revenue looked like, there was tangible progress made by BBRY over the last quarter.
- The company's fundamentals remain rock solid, it's stock remains cheap, and the company's fully executed rebirth could see shares up to $15, in my opinion.
BlackBerry Earnings Show Major Progress
- BlackBerry reported earnings this morning, handily beating EPS but missing on revenue.
- This is a product of the company's strategy shift from hardware to software.
- All in all, this report shows tons of progress in a small amount of time by John Chen and team.
- Once the market realizes this isn't BlackBerry "the phone company" any more, the market will reward the progress that has been made.
The Important Part Of BlackBerry's Earnings
- I currently do not hold BBRY, but may reopen a position at any time, as I remain bullish on the company.
- Earnings will be about the commentary, not the numbers.
- BBRY is not a candidate for a pre-earnings long straddle/strangle, as I often advocate for other tech stocks.
Consider Buying BlackBerry Before Earnings
- BlackBerry has an extremely strong balance sheet.
- This earnings report won't be numbers-based, it'll be based on CEO Chen's commentary.
- The company's stock run this year isn't reason enough to discredit buying now.
- BlackBerry Soon To Leave $10 Behind
- BlackBerry Poised For Breakout?
- Even More Good News For BlackBerry
- BlackBerry's Newfound $2.5-Billion Baby
- Betting Big On BlackBerry