View as an RSS Feed
View R.S. Analytics' Articles BY TICKER:
Arena And Vivus Ruined The FDA Approval Run Up For Orexigen
- Arena and Vivus spiked into FDA Approval in June and July of 2012.
- Arena's Belviq and Vivus's Qsymia have both been disappointments.
- Consequently Orexigen didn't see much of a pre FDA run-up due to Arena and Vivus draining all the excitement out of the obesity drug market.
- Avoid obesity drug stocks.
4 Reasons Sangamo Biosciences Is Positioned For A Run-Up
- Targeting multiple indications.
- Major pharma partnerships.
- Large cash position.
- Share price well below analyst estimates and near technical support.
3 Reasons The Apple Launch Disappointed
- No surprises - everything announced was expected.
- No sapphire screen - the most important item to consumers based on surveys.
- Lack of visionary leadership.
Qualcomm: Pressures Are Mounting
- Intel recently hired Qualcomm's head of wireless as it relentlessly pursues Qualcomm market share.
- Apple is reported to be working on its own in-house baseband chips which are currently supplied by Qualcomm.
- Taiwan Semiconductor is reportedly allocating more of its 20nm resources for Apple's A8 forcing Qualcomm to look for foundry alternatives.
- China and now the EU are investigating Qualcomm for monopolistic practices.
3D Systems: Down 42% In 2014 And Still A Good Short
- 3D Systems' current valuation metrics are still very high and the shares are trading above fair value even after a 42% decline in 2014.
- 3D Systems' outstanding shares have nearly doubled in two years.
- 3D Systems' gross profit margin and EPS are on a downward trajectory.
- 3D Systems' short interest is, not surprisingly, at all time highs.
3 Reasons Intel Is A More Compelling Investment Than Taiwan Semiconductor
- Intel's R&D spending is 7x that of Taiwan Semiconductor while Intel's gross margins are 23% higher.
- Intel offers shareholders a history of increasing dividends plus has a higher yield than Taiwan Semiconductor.
- Intel has a generous $20B share buyback program in place.
Apple: Shares At All-Time Highs In Bull Market And Still A Great Buy
- Apple's multiples compare favorably to peers, sector,and broader market.
- Apple is currently trading under fair value as calculated by Graham's revised formula and a conservative DCF valuation.
- Apple's growth prospects are good with the coming iPhone 6 launch and other new products.
- Apple continues large share repurchases and increasing dividends.
Best Buy Shares Are Undervalued With Good Growth Prospects
- Best Buy is undervalued compared to peers and broader market.
- Best Buy is trading below fair value.
- Best Buy's balance sheet is solid.
- Best Buy offers good growth prospects.
- Best Buy's technicals are bullish.
Take-Two Interactive Shares Offer An Incredible Bargain
- Take-Two's shares trade at a lower multiple than its peers and the broader market.
- Take-Two's shares are significantly below fair value.
- Take-Two's balance sheet is solid and growth prospects are good.
- Take-Two's technicals are bullish.
HP's Q3 Shows PC Recovery Still Going Strong, Confirms Intel Is A Buy
- Hewlett-Packard reported year-over-year increases in PC revenues and shipments.
- A recovering PC market allows Intel's PC division to subsidize its relentless quest to build mobile market share while still sporting a 64.5% overall gross margin.
- Intel is perfectly positioned with the 14nm Broadwell release as PC sales recover - look for upward earnings revisions in Q3 and/or Q4.
Rackspace Hosting Is A Buy
- Rackspace filed an 8k reporting that it has been approached by multiple companies expressing interest ranging from partnership to acquisition.
- High profile hedge funds have recently reported initiating large positions.
- Technicals indicate a bounce and positive momentum trend.
How Vringo's Reversal At CAFC Just Increased My Confidence In A VirnetX Affirmation
- The Vringo reversal was a 2-1 majority with Judge Chen writing the dissent. Judge Chen sits on the VirnetX panel. His dissent language bodes well for VirnetX.
- CAFC clearly says damages are looked at last and are not considered if the rest of the case doesn't hold up.
- This is why the CAFC citation of the VirnetX v Apple damage methodologies as "upheld" in the Apple v Motorola precedential opinion is incredibly telling.
Intel Seeing Some Sweet Tailwinds - Now Is A Great Time To Own Stock
- Intel's XMM 7260 LTE-Advanced cellular modem chosen for newly launched Samsung Galaxy Alpha - a nice surprise. As more mobile wins pile up 2015 should be a tipping point.
- Intel's 14nm Broadwell chips in volume production and shipping to OEMs - fantastic new form factors to be on shelves in Q4. IDF will showcase many in September.
- Intel supplying $4B of share buying pressure this quarter as part of its $20B share buyback program. Another $4B - $6B next quarter.
Arrowhead's Hep B Phase 2a Topline Data Imminent - 'Transformational' Potential
- CEO says Phase 2a topline data for Hep B candidate ARC-520 to come in Q3.
- There are 350M-400M people infected with chronic hepatitis B (2X the Hep C market). CEO says functional cure for hepatitis B would be "transformational".
- Bullish climate for drugs targeting diseases of the liver.
Signs Point To Affirmation Of VirnetX $368M Jury Award Against Apple At CAFC
- VirnetX expert damage calculation methodology in VirnetX v Apple case was cited as reliable by the CAFC in the Apple v Motorola case on 4/25/14 before appeal even ruled on.
- Two of the judges on the VirnetX v Apple case (Rader & Prost) sat on the panel for Apple v Motorola where VirnetX expert damage methodology was cited as reliable.
- Logic dictates damages would be the last part of the appeal considered. Why would the judges even consider damages if a remand or reversal for claim construction was coming?.
- Apple Should Secure This Memory Technology Before Its Competition Does
- Micron Gets The 'Greenlight' From David Einhorn
- Rudolph Technologies: Shares Positioned For 40% Or More Upside For 2014
- Epizyme Shares Crater - Present Buying Opportunity
- Whale Watch - Seth Klarman's Baupost Group Takes Micron To 32% Of Portfolio
- Don't Buy Twitter Now - Wait For The Nosedive
- Apple/Microsoft's 'Rockstar Consortium' Attack Google And Android - Who Could Benefit?
- Did The Symantec CEO Just Give A 'Tell' Regarding VirnetX?
- A Case For Shorting Biopharma Drug Launches: 4 Recent Examples
- 8 Reasons Why I Expect Molycorp Shares To Double In 1Q 2014
- VirnetX Patents Challenged By Recently Formed LLC - A Closer Look
- Biolase CEO Takes Dead Aim At Naked Short Sellers - Main Street Cheers
- Is VirnetX The Nail Samsung Needs To Hammer Apple?
- VirnetX: Put This Secure Communications Company On Your Radar
- Sarepta Therapeutics Setting Up For Another Move Upward
- VirnetX And Google? Will Apple Settle, Or Risk Going The Distance?
- 4 Biotech Stocks With Important Catalysts Approaching