R.S. Analytics

View R.S. Analytics' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel: Low Valuation And Good Growth Prospects [View article]
    Very interesting read and well laid out case that Intel is undervalued - I am going to make use of the Graham revised formula as i research stocks.
    Long INTC calls 2016 $40 LEAPS!
    Aug 21 04:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arrowhead's Hep B Phase 2a Topline Data Imminent - 'Transformational' Potential [View article]
    GILD is an excellent company. It is definitely less risky to put money in GILD than ARWR. However - with big risk comes big reward.
    Aug 20 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rackspace Hosting Is A Buy [View article]
    Me too.
    Aug 20 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rackspace Hosting Is A Buy [View article]
    PalmDesertRat,
    Nice job -I think anything down here in the low 30's is a great entry point - takeover or not. Obviously a great deal of interest in Rackspace - I like the whales taking positions.
    Aug 20 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rackspace Hosting Is A Buy [View article]
    Siwanoy,
    Thanks for reading and commenting. I agree - Rackspace is positioned very well. If they don't get a deal done there is talk that Blue Harbour will spur mgmt to do a huge share buy back so shareholders will win either way. The main thing for me is the share price is a good level to start accumulating shares. They are also doing quite a bit to differentiate their offerings from Amazon such as providing a significantly higher level of service and customization - too much to go in to in a "quick hit" article like this.

Overall great business.
    Aug 19 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Vringo's Reversal At CAFC Just Increased My Confidence In A VirnetX Affirmation [View article]
    financemc,
    My thoughts are that VirnetX's IP is different than Vringo's and each patent/claim will be judged on its own merits.
    Aug 18 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    trader_G,
    I'm not following you.

You say:
    "but if it was as simple as that cafc would not be needed."

I say - whether the CAFC uses a step-by-step process or not they are still needed. It appears based on the Vringo case and several cases the CAFC doesn't consider damages until they have determined patent validity and infringement. The CAFC is definitely needed whether they use the logical step-by-step approach or not.
    Aug 18 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm simply presenting my case that, given the current information, logic suggests there would be no reason to insert that cite if:
    1. There any issues with the patents or infringement in the VirnetX v Apple case
    2. The panel was going to remand because of damages. I don't believe they would remand for patents or infringement because they obviously got to the damages portion if they decided to cite it in another case.

The Vringo reversal reaffirms the step by step process the CAFC uses and it gives us a glimpse into Chen's thinking.

I make my investment decisions based on the information available then I develop my thesis based on the logical outcome. I think it is far more of a stretch to think VirnetX's $368M judgment will be overturned based on the information we currently have.
    Aug 18 07:30 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    asegpi,
    Thanks for reading and commenting. I don't think you understand what I'm saying:
    The CAFC approaches cases in a step-by-step fashion.
    1. Are the patents valid? If yes go to infringement. If no reverse or remand.
    2. Are the patents infringed? If yes go to damages. If no reverse or remand.
    3. Was the damage methodology tied to the facts of the case and was the jury properly instructed. If yes Affirm. If no remand.

The theory that I subscribe to and write about is this: Since the VirnetX damage methodology was actually cited in another CAFC case (Apple v Motorola) that means it is most probably the VirnetX panel concluded the patents were valid and infringed. Rader and Prost were on the VirnetX panel AND the Apple v Motorola panel - why would they allow that cite if they were going to remand or reverse.

In this article I am reinforcing that theory based on the CAFC saying, in Vringo v Google, they didn't consider damages or infringement - because infringement and damages are "moot" if the patents are invalid. In this article I am also addressing the Chen dissent which is EXTREMELY important for the VirnetX case.

The 2 judges left on the VirnetX panel are Prost and Chen. We have seen what Prost has written and positions she has taken. This is the first I've been able to see what Chen is thinking.

As a VirnetX shareholder - I like what Chen wrote very much. Is a VirnetX affirmation a slamdunk? No. But in putting the pieces together I come to the conclusion that the district court decision will be affirmed.

After the Vringo reversal I read comments all over the blogosphere Friday lumping all NPE's together and basically saying the Vringo reversal is horrible news for them I don't believe that to be the case - particularly with VirnetX. The facts of the VirnetX case lead me in an opposite direction and the Vringo case(i.e. Chen's dissent and not taking up damages) reinforces that.

I hope my additional explanation helps you understand my position better.
    Aug 18 06:48 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Seeing Some Sweet Tailwinds - Now Is A Great Time To Own Stock [View article]
    Bruce,
    I think the new 2017 LEAPS are coming around Sep 15. I am debating whether to roll all or part of my 2016s to the 2017's or just buy additional 2017 LEAPS. your thoughts/
    Aug 16 01:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Daturtle,
    Rubbish.
    Aug 16 07:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Cinci,

"RS, do you think gigabob, or the average naysayer here, actually bothers to read your article?"

It would appear not. David has a burr under his saddle with Intel from perusing his comment history. I think Intel could touch $40 this year. After IDF - those product demos are going to be sweet. 14nm is going to rock up and down the stack. The naysayers will come around eventually.
    Aug 15 04:52 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The Intel slide in the article shows this clearly.
    Aug 15 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    billcharlesdixon,
    Thanks for reading - I completely agree with you regarding selling. I think big things are in store for Intel over the next year. I think my Jan 2106 $40 leaps will be a 10-bagger - just need to get to $45. They are already a 3-bagger. I like Russ Fischer and Bruce Burnsworth's LEAP strategies and it has/is paying off.
    Intel's mobile has been so bad that as it turns around and wins slots as the contra revenue goes away it will magnify the effects - not only will the losses be less but the revenue will be higher. Once people see these new batches of 14nm form factors that are fanless, powerful, and super thin with long battery life they will fly off the shelves - then guess what other manufacturers that aren't using a Core M solution will want to use it - with no contra revenue.
    Cherry Trail is coming up Q1 2105 for tablets. Intel let people handle a 7mm tablet demo at Monday's Broadwell release called Llama Mountain...7MM!!!!
    Aug 15 08:19 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good comment LeonadoTH,
    Plus I believe the 14nm chip is about 50% of the size of the 22nm chip...

Aug 15 12:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment