R.S. Analytics

View R.S. Analytics' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple Shares Are Ripe For A Pullback - Time To Take Profits [View article]
    Doug45 - Don't turn this into a forum like the Yahoo message boards. You should be better than that.
    Sep 16 10:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Doug45,
    The IDC Smartphone OS comparison is 100% completely valid. iOS is clearly losing market share. IDC is not wrong and my interpretation of it was not wrong. You just don't like what you see.

You can say I'm bringing nothing new etc....but I am just outlining why, if I were an Apple investor, I would take some profits off the table at the all-time highs.

My disappointment in the Sept 9th launch was not emotional - I was just plainly disappointed. I'm waiting for something from Apple that is groundbreaking like the iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc....Sorry but a bigger iPhone or clunky "me-too" watch didn't do it. It's my opinion - and I certainly wasn't emotional about it.

Lastly, I am very tolerant of rational discussion. If you don't agree with somebody - fine...State your case, rebut what you can, etc... - there is no need for all the invective. There is no need to squelch contributors here. If you don't like what they write - don't read them or refute what they write or write your own article. No need for all the emotion.
    Sep 16 10:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GeorgeH3ci,
    "So you write one article for longs and another for shorts two weeks later?"

I didn't write this article for shorts. I didn't recommend shorting Apple. I didn't recommend liquidating your entire Apple position. I recommended taking some profit while the stock is near all time highs.

Three weeks ago I had hope that on Sept 9th Apple would really hit it out of the park with something new and exciting. In my opinion they didn't. When facts on the ground change - I change....simple as that.
    Sep 16 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    relayer75,

You must've missed this disclosure in your thorough reading of the article:

"The author has no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. The author wrote this article themselves, and it expresses their own opinions. The author is not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). The author has no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article."
    Sep 16 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    tonyc920,
    There are passionate investors in every stock that are intolerant of discussion or diverse points of view. It is entertaining to say the least.
    Sep 16 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    terrongarland,
    I didn't say it was only an Apple problem. They still are sitting on the cash and not putting it to work.
    Sep 16 02:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    1stsignal,
    Yup...Apple has some warts. The price is near all-time highs. I say take some off the table.
    Sep 16 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shares Are Ripe For A Pullback - Time To Take Profits [View article]
    Nobody ever went broke taking a profit.
    Sep 16 01:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    sog35,
    Apple needs to do something with the cash. ROA is totally relevant. Pay it out to shareholders or buy back shares or better yet invest in something really groundbreaking.

Just because Apple has off-shored $100B and won't do anything with it isn't positive.

It is a totally relevant and applicable metric. You, as a shareholder, are getting nothing from that cash just sitting there.
    Sep 16 01:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shares Are Ripe For A Pullback - Time To Take Profits [View article]
    Again, for the record, I have no position in Apple and this article is not recommending shorting or liquidating your entire position. Simply - The best time to book some profits is while the stock is at or near all-time highs.

Why is everybody so emotional? If you disagree spell it out - have a big boy discussion...not everybody that doesn't think Apple is going to the moon is short. I think it is an okay investment that pays an okay dividend and its lacking creative leadership since Steve Jobs passed away.
    Sep 16 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ebichu,
    That was before the September 9th presentation. I was disappointed with that. I still think Apple is a fine company as I mentioned twice in the article but given the lack of creative new products and elevated share price near all-time highs - I think now is a good time to take some profit off the table. Not short it or not sell ones entire position.

Nothing sinister.
    Sep 16 11:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shares Are Ripe For A Pullback - Time To Take Profits [View article]
    The article was submitted Monday morning at 12:07 and just published today.
    Sep 16 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shares Are Ripe For A Pullback - Time To Take Profits [View article]
    You cannot escape the fact that iOS market share is decreasing, every year for the past 4 years - regardless how you characterize Android's OS.
    Sep 16 11:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shares Are Ripe For A Pullback - Time To Take Profits [View article]
    The market share comparison was for smartphone operating systems. Not comparing to "dumb phones".
    Sep 16 10:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena And Vivus Ruined The FDA Approval Run Up For Orexigen [View article]
    "We wouldn't be having an obesity epidemic if those worked, obviously."

I hate that canard

A sensible diet(moderation) and exercise do most certainly work when people follow them. The pills still require a sensible diet and exercise.

If I were a physician I would not prescribe any of the obesity pills until I had placed the patient on a calorie restrictive diet and exercise program where they have to fill out a daily log of everything they eat and get at least 30min of exercise and do weekly weigh-ins. If they give that an honest & documented effort and it does not work then I may consider one of the obesity pills.

There is no easy way out - you must eat sensibly with moderate portions and exercise - period.
    Sep 14 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment