Randy Schroeder

View Randy Schroeder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ackman's Secret Herbalife Grand Slam That The World Didn't Notice [View article]
    QTR....
    you are wrong in virtually all of your assertions. Herbalife is a good company...
    Herbalife sells good products...
    Real people consume them daily...
    Not all make money...that is not how life works...
    But those who do make money do so because they have added value and therefore get paid.

I am long hlf...and have been throughout the Ackman saga. I added to an already sizable position at yesterday's opening.

Your continued almost ridiculous bashing of HLF leads one to a conclusion that you are in some fashion (beyond the Seeking Alpha compensation) being paid to take positions which are not defensible.
    Jul 23, 2014. 05:24 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Direct Selling Companies Represent Value [View article]
    CVSL currently owns Longaberger and several other interesting companies. None of them however are the primary reason for my enthusiasm.

The rollup has just begun. My belief is that the strategy is valid and is being executed well. When the shares, now thinly traded on the pink sheets are exchanged for NYSE shares with resulting liquidity, CVSL will become a much more attractive suitor for more and better companies.

My anticipation is that CVSL will be many times larger in both top and bottom line in the next 24 months...and the shares, which look pricey with current holdings, will look cheap at these prices in hindsight.
    RS
    Jul 9, 2014. 02:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CVSL: The Rollup Will Accelerate [View article]
    I am not sure. That planned transaction was prior to my getting to know management.

Had I been in the discussion loop at that time, I would have cautioned against the transaction...but that would have been based upon my concerns about Visalus.

The PartyLite business is well established and likely has many more good years ahead.

Visalus today is the next in a long line of companies who discover that launching a business, becoming the hot deal and then successfully transitioning from bottle rocket to space shuttle is a daunting task. The jury is out....and I offer no opinion on that outcome.

Had I been in the discussion loop...the questions would have revolved around primary attraction. If the primary attraction was Visalus, I would have been contrarian. If PartyLite were the primary interest, I may well have been constructive in my comments and opinion.
    Jun 27, 2014. 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Watch What I Do, Not What I Say [View article]
    We in fact agree to disagree.
    Best,
    rs
    Jun 26, 2014. 11:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Watch What I Do, Not What I Say [View article]
    I am not sure what you ask of me here. The direct selling model works. It has worked for years, and will continue to work for many more. Some companies in the industry operate inside the rules, make needed changes where required and continue to grow.

Others do not. Herbalife will in my estimation prevail in the current controversy, and will be doing many billions of dollars in annual sales for years and years to come.

That is my opinion, an opinion based upon years and years of success in the industry, as well as continuing study of emerging rules and guidelines.
    Jun 26, 2014. 08:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Watch What I Do, Not What I Say [View article]
    I disagree. Simple as that. The Herbalife Suervisor system is not a pyramid scheme.

Buyers and sellers are not what make the market. Opinions are opinions. I consider mine to be based upon a clear understanding of the indistry generally, and Herbalife specifically.

That said, I acknowledge that others have a different view. Time will tell. Another opinion here....time is on the side of truth. Ultimately truth wins out. My opinion? The truth will be shown to favor herbalife.
    rs
    Jun 11, 2014. 10:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Watch What I Do, Not What I Say [View article]
    Robert, with all due respect...the fact that you choose certain words or terms does not make those words the correct ones....simply the ones you prefer.
    rs
    Jun 11, 2014. 12:34 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CVSL: Buy The John Rochon Vision [View article]
    The action against Vemma in Italy was due to Vemma failing to properly register products and failure to enter the country as a fully registered "on the ground" direct selling company.

It is an error to apply this brush to other companies who comply with the rules and laws of Italy pertaining to direct selling.

India is a land of opportunity for direct selling companies...but one should exercise extreme caution in understanding the complexity of the laws governing the industry...and realize that almost all laws pertaining to Indian direct sellers are regional, not national.

I am not an expert in India direct selling. I have done limited business there. My best guess is that Amway India will continue to grow and succeed. If changes are needed, they will be made. If the CEO of Amway India has complied with law, he will be exonerated. If not, he will be rightfully penalized.

All will serve to further clarify the rules of the market...and direct selling will grow in India.
    RS
    Jun 10, 2014. 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Watch What I Do, Not What I Say [View article]
    To the contrary, we do know what you CAN DO.

A representative of a well constructed direct selling company CAN represent the product offered for sale, within the product representation guidelines of the company.

A representative of a well constructed direct selling company CAN offer an opportunity to others to likewise offer the company products to others, within the same guidelines.

A representative of a well constructed direct selling company CAN speak honestly and openly of their own experiencers and results, without making claims or representations of what others may experience.

A representative of a well constructed direct selling company CAN make a legitimate profit...and CAN earn legitimate overrides on organizational volume he or she is responsible for generating.

A representative in a well constructed direct selling company CAN learn, grow and develop...leadership development is what it is all about.

There are in fact many things we know that a member CAN do.
    rs
    Jun 10, 2014. 12:20 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Watch What I Do, Not What I Say [View article]
    I have made no reference in these comments to Amway...so I am not sure what you infer b y your comments.
    rs
    Jun 10, 2014. 12:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Watch What I Do, Not What I Say [View article]
    Rogier, upon what do you base your comment that "the rest of the world is only barely tolerating this particular US import"? You seem to take an opinion (your own) and assume that global regulators share it.

There are some nations where the direct selling regulations are more restrictive than the USA, where HLF does and has done business for many many years. Italy is an example.

I see no indication that the regulators around the world take their cues from the USA in determining what is acceptable in their own nation. I have been in the direct selling industry for two and a half decades. The vast majority of my business is conducted outside of the USA. I stay very abreast of multi national governance of the industry. While I do not argue that HLF would be in any way benefitted by a USA shutdown (I again state my view the such likely hood approaches zero)..HLF shares would without question not go to zero in the event of a USA business cessation.

I would be interested to hear how you validate your opinion that other nations, as though a blanket were thrown over them all....are barely tolerating this company, which I know to be viewed as an outstanding corporate citizen across much of the globe.

I here note that I am in no way affiliated with HLF...and never have been.
    rs
    Jun 10, 2014. 12:25 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Watch What I Do, Not What I Say [View article]
    The idea of HLF stock going to zero is completely ludicrous. If we assume the absolute worst (a very bad assumption)...if we assume the absolute worst that can occur...then Herbalife would see it's USA sales go to zero in the event of a shutdown forced by USA regulators.

To the shock I guess of some readers and commenters, Herbalife does far more business outside of the USA than inside.

It would be wrong to jump to the conclusion that the world of direct selling or multilevel marketing is dependent upon USA decisions. I can assure you that the people making money and gaining benefit from Herbalife products around the world would simply not care if Herbalife were to cease USA operations (That is not going to happen).

HLF stock in NOT going to zero any time soon. I am long, will stay long...and buy more if the shorts manipulate more panic days with extremist comments which find their way to press.
    Jun 9, 2014. 10:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Direct Selling Companies Represent Value [View article]
    The statement that I am using Seeking Alpha to create liquidity is not correct. I have never sold a single share of CVSL. I have only bought. And, I will not be a seller of shares at any time in the near future.

The strategy of John Rochon and CO has captured my attention. I will remain long, and possibly acquire more shares so long as the investment thesis that I perceive remains unchanged
    RS
    Jun 8, 2014. 03:32 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Direct Selling Companies Represent Value [View article]
    The concentration of risk comment above is a bit out of context as there has been no suggestion of portfolio weighting.
    RS
    Jun 7, 2014. 05:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Direct Selling Companies Represent Value [View article]
    I here copy text from a response I made to similar negative comments after my initial Seeking Alpha article.

The copied text is below...

I here again note that my original article was and is designed to highlight an investment choice which I have made (long cvsl).

The article has provoked a few comments about the investment thesis...and predictably has drawn the ire of those who do not approve of the direct selling model, notwithstanding the well constructed body of governing law. Companies which operate within the law survive and flourish despite and perhaps because of scrutiny. Those who operate outside the bounds of law are shut down, or make the required changes as they become known.

I hesitate to offer the next thoughts for this reason; those who like the industry will continue to like it, no matter what I say. And, those opposed to the industry appear almost universally unwilling to consider a different view.

That said, I offer the following.

When I invite someone to join me, I invite them to join me not just in a business. I invite others to join me in community whose dual purpose is personal growth/ skill development and the development of an independent distributorship utliizing the new skills developed.. The combination of character and skill growth over time is what grants one the chance to stick the key in the lock of the compensation plan.

I do not sell tools. Any tool which has my authorship, if offered for the sale by the company, is also made available free in online versions. I succeed when people in my business succeed.

My observation is not that people do that which is required to succeed, but do it poorly and therefore fail. Rather, my observation is that people do not do that which is required to succeed. This is true, not just in direct selling, but in all fields of endeavor. The reason most fail to act is fear. So, we develop strategies to allow members to identify fear and it's sources....and teach short term empowering behaviors which make it possible for the participant to do for the next few moments that which he or she was unable to do prior to the empowering behavior. This strategy and process is useful in all aspects of life.

Cicero stated that "the skill to do comes from the doing". When one acts upon the short term empowering strategies, new skills are developed. New skills result in increased self esteem and poise. The very process is replacing fear with empowerment...and lives are improved in the process.

Our community invites all to develop a deeper spirituality, and to live their lives on long accepted spiritual principles.

I have a deep personal desire to teach to those lacking in knowledge basic financial literacy. Our society is comprised of people living in the wealthiest country in the world....and yet staying broke because basic irrefutable financial principles are violated throughout life.

I am completely convinced that when a person joins a properly constructed direct selling organization, affiliated with a company whose products have merit and whose organization leadership is espousing principles like the ones I have here described, w great value is added to that person's life. Over time as new skills and character attributes are developed...great business success can result.

I penned the original article describing my investment enthusiasm for CVSL. I am not a distributor of any CVSL company. I am an investor in CVSL common stock. I consider this investment to be a good one.

I am long HLF. I consider that investment to be a good one. I am likely to establish a position in NUS as the China situation becomes a bit more clear.

USNA is yet another good direct selling company, whose shares are on my investment radar screen.

Per my thought above....those who like the industry will still like it...and maybe understand more clearly why they like it, having read these comments. Those who do not like it...formed their further negative opinion before reaching these final lines in the text.
    Jun 6, 2014. 11:42 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment