Rash Menaria

View Rash Menaria's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Energy Conversion Devices Warning Is Negative for Solar Stocks [View article]
    I got similar comments after I wrote my last article on solar companies on Jan 28

seekingalpha.com/artic...

Here is what I wrote:

"Concerns about subsidy changes in Italy could drive an additional increase in 1H11 installations. However, the 2H11 subsidy overhang could keep valuation multiples and share prices under pressure.

There is a near-term downside risk to the solar stocks. Specifically, stocks with exposure to the cell market (JA Solar Holdings (JASO)), China Sunergy (CSUN)) and to the spot market (LDK Solar Company (LDK)), and high exposure to Italy (Power-One (PWER), Energy Conversion Devices (ENER), and Evergreen Solar (ESLR)) may underperform going forward."

I mentioned 6 stocks there: CSUN / ENER / ESLR / JASO / LDK / PWER. NASDAQ is up over a percent since then and each of the stock I mentioned in that article has declined with PWER, ESLR, ENER declining 30-40%.

I think most of those who read/understood my articles made money. Those who just wrote abuses in comments are likely sitting on losses! I am just providing my opinion and its your money and your will. But it would definitely help if one is a bit civilized in presenting his/her point of view.
    Mar 13 09:24 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Is Surging But Here's Why You Should Avoid Exxon [View article]
    MRO is up 20% Year to Date, MPC is up 31%. In contrast XOM is almost flat YTD. I'm talking about medium to near term view. Thanks.
    Feb 24 10:32 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If the rumors of a Facebook (FB) phone are true, investors should consider abandoning ship, says Henry Blodget. The company would have to face intense and entrenched competition to establish itself in a field that could hurt its own margins in a move that smacks of defensive desperation.  [View news story]
    “Hardware is an extraordinarily difficult, low-margin, commodity business”

Seems like he has forgotten Apple’s margin. Hardware as a standalone business is not a good business but Hardware plus software combine has done wonders for the one company (Apple) which has tried it. And Facebook is not the only one trying: Google has acquired Motorola and may launch Google Phone, Microsoft and Nokia are also trying to make it work.

Refer http://bit.ly/L7RZ2E for more details :)
    May 28 01:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turning $100,000 Into Half A Million In 2012 [View article]
    $100,000 is a pretty significant amount for most of the investors. Risking it in options is a pretty big risk!!!
    Feb 2 01:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GMCR Is A Buy Now Even By Einhorn's Standards [View article]
    GMCR is up 25% in the last 4 days of trading. Its stock price is well over $50 as I said in the article. Hope some of the critics are now willing to hear the other side of story as well. The stock over reacted because of the fear created by Eihorn. This Knee Jerk reaction presented an opportunity and that was the only thing I was recommending to take an advantage of!
    Nov 16 01:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 13 Mid Caps With 2 or More Analyst Downgrades in Last Month [View article]
    Hi Tweed and Dividend Inc. I have three main concerns for LLL:

1.Declines in the defense budget over the next few years as federal deficit pressures mount.
    2. Margin Pressure is likely as companies will have to competitively bid for defense work.
    3. Iraq withdrawal will materially impact L-3's Iraq revenues that are currently ~$800m annually.
    Apr 2 03:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Overblown Concerns Affecting Microsoft Stock and the Nokia Partnership [View article]
    Actually its not a problem from sell side analyst. Those who understand story well are positive on MSFT. Its just the artificial panic getting created in the markets that msft will again spend big amount like it spent when it entered internet search in 2006.
    The truth is totally different. This is the best thing which could have ever happened to microsoft!
    Feb 16 12:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rediff.com Finally Sees Some Growth Catalysts [View article]
    Wiseryoung man,

Don't you think all the negative points you have mentioned are already priced in?

Why in this world you will get a top indian internet portal for an EV of less than $20 mn! If everything was going right it would have been over $20 per share (remember 2007).

Further, things have just started changing now. And I am not talking of some management announcement or others. I am talking about actual numbers and initiatives which are clearly visible.

A 26% increase in core advertising rates, 15% YoY increase in users. Plus the catalysts which I have mentioned.

Havent you seen the change in news content on rediff.com in past couple of weeks. They have changed from serious/boring artices to news from Mid-day (Mumbai based tabloid) which appeals youth. Have you seen change in their comments section they made a week earlier. Earlier it loked like xyz says. Now it looks like xyz (view my page) says. These are just some example. You will notice numerous one suggesting they are fighting back.

And you may ridicule these changes as ineffective. But go to www.alexa.com/siteinfo...
    and click on Time on Site.

You will notice average "time on site" per visitor is slightly increasing. Its the first sign of the turnaround. And I am helping investors catch this idea at real bottom when every one has thrown the towel.

There were 100 negative reasons you could have mention in support of shorting S&P at 666 . But the fact is the people who went long on it at that point did made a killing!

Its about catching a good idea as close as bottom and in this case with things improving, it makes sense to invest.

I have already given my points. I think you will take a you turn when you realize it as stock moves to higher levels!
    Aug 13 01:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Potential Longs From AllianceBernstein's Top Buys, 1 To Avoid [View article]
    Hi Colin. I am not too bullish on MS. I prefer GS. In case you want to buy MS. Don't put all your money there. Buy some GS as well.
    Mar 7 02:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Upside Is Limited In The Near Term [View article]
    Apple is going to loose market share against Android in the next two quarters. I think it will be a headwind for further price appreciation in the near term. I do agree with the long term secular growth story. But after such a big jump the stock has to consolidate first.
    Feb 29 08:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 17 Large Caps With Sales and EPS Declining in 2012 [View article]
    I think fertilizer stocks are already pricing in a lot of positives. Volume expectations cannot get more positive. Pricing trend depend more on where wheat/corn prices are going. So,one can take position depending on his/her view point.
    Apr 10 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 25 Large Caps With 2 or More Recent Analyst Upgrades [View article]
    Sorry its a typo, its 16 buy. I wlll get it corrected.
    Apr 5 11:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Meripihka, Symbian was dead already! Last friday was just the official acknowledgement.

I have used symbian in the past and it was a troublesome experience. WP7 is way better.

By acknowledging the fact that symbian can no longer win against apple or android, nokia have just saved its resources which would have been wasted fighting a losing battle. Of course with all the hopes gone, Nokia is now just a bulk phone company. But it really didn't had a choice. It had to go with android or WP7.
    Feb 16 12:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rediff.com: I'm Booking Profits [View article]
    Kenji, there is a saying:
    "when an elephant walks... a lot of street dogs bark."
    Feb 8 08:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rediff.com: I'm Booking Profits [View article]
    5 Month = 1 Day! Which universe do you live in? A 350% increase in price and you are still cribbing.

I usually recommend a stock when market is misunderstanding the company's potential and sell when every one is running for it. That's the way I and my client invest.

Be my client and you will know. If you think you are better off complaining, its your choice. After all the only thing which matters in the stock markets is choice!
    Feb 6 11:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment