Raymond Wiacek

View Raymond Wiacek's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Jos. A. Bank: Buy One Share And Get Two Free [View article]
    Have you ever seen their commercials? It's a fire sale there! Always there is a huge sale where you can buy one suit, and get 4 shirts, 3 pairs of pants, two ties etc for free. I still can't believe they're still in business, their suit quality is garbage! Even for a lower-priced suit, you'd be way better off going to Charles Tyrwhitt or even getting a lower-end Brooks Brothers suit and have it properly tailored.
    Jun 19 12:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Robert W. Baird raises its price target on Tesla Motors (TSLA) to $118 after missing a turn on the automaker's road to triple digits. The color from the investment firm focuses on the long-term potential for the Model X and Generation III, indicating that the PT only factors in moderate share price appreciation over the next few years. TSLA +3.3% premarket to $97.20. [View news story]
    Haha, I laugh at all of this. Where were you guys 3 months ago

Suddenly TSLA triples and everyone thinks its the best thing since sliced bread. Same with NFLX, even AAPL back in the day. Yawn. Seen this before. Next.
    Jun 12 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream: When Will The Madness End? [View article]
    I am not that worried about saving pennies on a can of soda. Only on seekingalpha have I seen people arguing over how many pennies you save per can. And to be brutally honest, I still prefer Coke or Pepsi to SodaStream even though I am long, but it's nice to have when you're all out. In my opinion, I would rather pay the extra 6 cents for better taste (Coke) if I have some cans in the fridge, otherwise SodaStream works fine.

Please feel free to throw up a few consumer surveys. I would like to see if people really do take out their calculators at the sodastream stand in Wal-Mart to determine if it is cost efficient or not.
    Jun 11 11:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream: When Will The Madness End? [View article]
    Are people still arguing how Sodastream is more cost efficient? Really? Who gives a crap, its a CAN OF SODA. I can't believe people are this concerned about saving money on soda... We bought one for one reason.... Convenience.

The genius is convenience. When you don't have soda in the house, who wants take a 20 minute trip to the supermarket to pick up a can? No one. The marginal cost/benefit just isn't there. That's where Sodastream comes in, hence why it'll be in Samsung fridges in a few months, making it even more convenient.
    Jun 11 10:45 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream International: A Company That Should Make New Highs [View article]
    No problem! Long SODA!
    May 11 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream International: A Company That Should Make New Highs [View article]
    Enzo, I'm 20 years old. So yea, if I do my homework and see a company that offers a product that consumers love, has constantly beat analyst expectations, has 0 debt, a ton of cash, has a large backlog for their product and is the only company in the industry that makes that specific item, I'll bite. Who in their right mind wouldn't?

Perhaps some more investing 101 is what you need from a 20-year old. Why would a growth company choose not to offer a dividend? Because they would rather reinvest their excess cash and generate a higher ROR for shareholders. Which is exactly what we have been seeing. SODA up 65.9% now over the year and KO up 8.8%. Numbers don't lie, now how's that dividend been doing for you? That should tell you all you need to know and put this argument to rest.

By the way, I wouldn't flaunt about your car on a website blog. In my opinion it just shows how much class you have, bragging about your car on a blog read by 20 year olds. All I know is that if it takes me 65 years to afford a $90,000 car, then somewhere I went wrong. And I sure as hell won't be proud to announce to the world that I am that late to the table. I'll leave it at that.
    May 11 10:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream International: A Company That Should Make New Highs [View article]
    Read my comment again
    May 10 07:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream International: A Company That Should Make New Highs [View article]
    Well seeing that the 360 is 10 years old, I suppose you went to the "discount shelf" to make your car purchase as well...

But that's irrelevant. Point is, this company is a growth company, so of course there is some risk associated with it which must be why you choose to go with KO. You guys have been yelling "fad" for the past 3 years. But the numbers speak for themselves. $62mm in cash and 0 debt, with analyst estimates being beaten every quarter? 93% growth in the US? Take a hint Enzo, the company ain't going anywhere soon. I happen to own one of the soda makers for myself (in addition to the stock) and have to say that every time people are over, the machine is constantly being used. It's a hit!

As a young investor in an economy like this, I'll stick with higher growth companies like Sodastream. A few years from now when the next recession comes along, perhaps KO will be a better play. KO up 9.7% over the year and SODA up 50.4%, I'm sure you can pick out which one has been the better investment. With big Ben making sure our economy continues to hit new highs, why would anyone choose to go with a defensive security like KO when there are better opportunities for growth?

By the way, if you're referring this to being a "pump" article, check out GMCR's earnings. SODA and GMCR trade very close to one another, that's why we're up ~7% today. Hopefully you're not short,
    I'd hate to see you posting on this website without a red car in your profile any more. Enjoy your retirement.
    May 9 09:27 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream (SODA) moves down 5.5% in premarket trading after beating analyst expectations and raising its own revenue guidance. Shares are a bargain off the slide, according to some traders. They see a classic case of the company lowballing guidance to set up a future earning beat. [View news story]
    Why the hell would they do that? That would put their main line of products out of business...
    May 8 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): Q1 EPS loss of $0.09 misses by $0.20. Revenue of $2.4M (-9% Y/Y). (PR). Shares -11.7% AH. [View news story]
    Conf call should be interesting
    May 2 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An explosion near the finish line of the Boston Marathon shakes stocks up further, the S&P 500 (SPY) dipping to a new session low, -1.8%[View news story]
    Aired on CNBC and Bloomberg about 5 minutes ago
    Apr 15 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream's Crazy Cheap Valuation [View article]
    Not other products to expand into? Have you heard about their deal with Samsung?
    Feb 24 08:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vivus (VVUS -4.7%) trades lower today after earlier announcing that a European Medicines Agency committee has confirmed an earlier decision to recommend against approval of it's weight-loss drug Qsiva. [View news story]
    Hopefully, isn't Europe's decision on their drug due out any day now?
    Feb 22 12:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares of SodaStream (SODA +2.5%) move higher at the open after the company strikes a deal with Samsung to build a refrigerator which will dispense filtered carbonated water. SodaStream will have a piece of the consumables side of the innovation by supplying the CO2 cylinders. [View news story]
    Wow, this company is doing everything right! so glad I got in a $30, this has to be the best investment I've made thus far! SODA is killing it out there.
    Feb 14 01:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks To Buy Before The Super Bowl [View article]
    No mention of Sodastream? (SODA)
    Jan 29 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment