ReadTheTicker

• Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    That's what makes a market I guess! Not everyone is the same.
    Feb 9, 2013. 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    Dear person of "no one of relevance'. NO snake oil here, please research Richard Wyckoff logic. Apple example is making the point about trend following. Its not saying it will be this easy every time.
    Feb 9, 2013. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    .."Timing the market has failed throughout the history of the equities market."...

Of course I challenge this, Richard Wyckoff has been working since 1930s. Please take the time to research Wyckoff logic.
    Feb 9, 2013. 12:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    Please learn all you can about Richard Wyckoff work. His work has been around since the 1930s! Please wait for PART 2 before giving up on market timing.
    Feb 8, 2013. 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    Ha, I think some one has done that!
    Feb 8, 2013. 06:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    Rogmidd (no profile) mystery person. No intention to cover the pitfalls of technical trading. You are off topic. No body knows the future and your statement about Apple is assuming that you can know the future. Please load your profile come out of the darkness.
    Feb 8, 2013. 04:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    .."I notice you didn't mention anything about knowing when to sell, which is arguably more important than timing your buy. "..

Go to the website. Best exit is when a Gann Angle breaks.

Apple will be used as the whole world talks Apple Inc
    Feb 8, 2013. 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    This is why many money managers jump on the Apple Inc train as they couldn't beat the Apple Inc yearly returns.
    Feb 8, 2013. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    I guess with PART 2 more will come to light. Nobody knows the future. The Wyckoff way is a reaction method to strong price and volume action. Fundamentals are important, but as you must know by now fundamentals are never very clear. (ref Apple Inc the last 12 months)
    Feb 8, 2013. 12:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    ..."Successful trading takes a sound combination of low commissions, solid execution, disciplined and strategic money management, a system strictly adhered to or improvised with great talent and intuition. Like any profession, the best traders raise their game to the level of art. "...

100% agree, and I hope the PART 2 of market timing will explain more about readtheticker approach.
    Feb 8, 2013. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    Funny but true...that is why many money managers jump on the Apple Inc train as they couldn't beat the Apple Inc yearly returns.
    Feb 8, 2013. 11:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    Buying stocks that are going up is harder than you think. Of course in the current market every one is a hero, but markets do get harder.

PART 2 will hopefully explain in more detail, the Wyckoff approach
    Feb 8, 2013. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    .."The author thinks technical analysis is the only strategy that works"..

Never said that, you are using your own bias to make a point.

The discussion is taking market timing from scratch assume the reader knows nothing.
    Feb 8, 2013. 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Timing, Part I: Can It Be Done? [View article]
    .."Trend followers have been do it for years."..

But there must be a trend to follow, if no trend then you will suffer, no matter if you have excellent money management principles.
    Feb 7, 2013. 04:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment