Reel Ken

View Reel Ken's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Testing method behind the Lumber Liquidators rally [View news story]
    Hi Deepfryer,

You pointed out something that is obvious and did not need expression. That's why I followed up with similar statements that really don't need being said.

What confuses me, is, had you not expressed these irrelevant quips, you would have, as you put it, been driven crazy. Imagine what a world we would have if things that don't matter, left unsaid, were the things that drove people crazy.

Oh yeah, Alice found such a world.
    Mar 26, 2015. 05:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Testing method behind the Lumber Liquidators rally [View news story]
    Deepfryer,

Let me add ... formaldehyde doesn't cause ingrown toe nails, it doesn't cause diabetes or gall stones, either.

I think I get it .... there's a lot of things formaldehyde isn't ... but it is the things it IS, that matter. A CARCINOGENIC.
    Mar 26, 2015. 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    Hi nhsully,

Yes, you've got it right .... except ... if there was deliberate mislabeling ... with more than one party complicit
    Mar 26, 2015. 08:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Testing method behind the Lumber Liquidators rally [View news story]
    Hi DeepFryer,

Have to agree, CARB has been "wishy-washy" and if CPSC tests as "safe",
    CARB will be under pressure to amend its regulations.

I hope for LL's sake they do get "safe", if not, end of LL. If "yes", then end of these posts as LL will certainly regain.
    Mar 25, 2015. 03:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators: Going To The Source: Air Resource Board [View article]
    Hi Enersavr,

Wow ... first you acquit denying submission of evidence, then you toss out evidence that hasn't even been submitted, now you tell us what evidence that hasn't been submitted will show, and now you acquit, once again. I'm glad I live in a Country that takes dues process a little more seriously.

The CPSC has not released any results, said they are testing for "safe" not "compliant" and are not deconstructing.

All we know from that is....

1) If CPSC says it's not safe ... goodbye to LL (I rate "unsafe" as unlikely, but possible)

2) IF CPSC says it's "safe" it will put pressure on CARB to modify its stance on deconstructing

3) CPSC is testing other flooring, and there has been some discussion about bamboo, we'll all have to wait and see

4) IF CPSC says "safe" and if LL circumvented accepted testing and product was intentionally mislabeled, LL still has some regulatory problems. However, practically every business in America has these types of problems, and it shouldn't hold down LL, too much.

5) More people watch 60 minutes than the conference today. LL most likely has lost some traffic that will never be recovered. This too, shall pass when and if a "safe" comes out.
    Mar 25, 2015. 12:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators: Going To The Source: Air Resource Board [View article]
    Hi deepfryer,

The answer was provided.

I don't recall you requiring any specific criteria of how it was to be supplied.

That's the difference between one who understands what is being asked (that be I) and one who asks, thinking (wrong think) that there is only one acceptable answer ... the answer they wanted.

Secondarily, who appointed you as the "questioner in chief"? I don't recall seeing that anyplace.
    Mar 24, 2015. 09:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    Hi Max,

......."........ Each day that goes by, the short argument for toxic laminates becomes weaker......"

If this was the case the stock wouldn't be drifting lower.

I'll stick to observables, not speculation.
    Mar 24, 2015. 07:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    Hi Paul,

So, now you not only have rendered a verdict in the case, you've determined what evidence will be admitted. Are you basing this on actual legal process or Judge Hatchett?

Fact is, the statement, itself, is meaningless, except that it demands further investigation. It is the record-keeping that is the tell-all. If it corroborates the statement, then there will be no regulatory case, it's game over.

As far as civil litigation, I'm not sure the regulatory decision has to be punitive for a win/settlement.
    Mar 24, 2015. 07:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    Hi simplevalue,

Regulators are aware that the longer they allow theses stories to spread the more irrevocable damage is done to the retailer.

They are much quicker to announce "o.k" than to condemn.

I don't think any inference can be drawn from the delay, but I wouldn't go down your path.
    Mar 23, 2015. 05:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    Hi Buyandhold,

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

John Ruskin
    Mar 23, 2015. 02:48 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    Hi Max,

I guess you must have known I'd disagree in part. Sorry...

First, the issue isn't the product ... it's deliberate mislabeling (if true). It's a trust issue, not a chemical issue.

Next, anyone can sue anyone ... but to prevail takes a little more. There is nothing Tilson had done that constitutes defamation.

But, I do think he should have talked to his attorneys before this article.

His opening salvo is less cautious and, in my opinion, defamatory.....

"•Lumber Liquidators is knowingly endangering the health and safety of its customers, especially children, by continuing to sell toxic Chinese-made laminate"

It is not clear that there is a health hazard and proving someone "knowingly" endangered others requires quite a bit of proof.

LL only has to present reasonable arguments that they believed the CARB was not a representative test. Whether factual or not, if it is their belief, they did not "knowingly" endanger anyone. They may have "unknowingly" but not "knowingly".

Having read his previous articles, I think he messed up this time.

So, starting today, I think he's in trouble.
    Mar 23, 2015. 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    Hi Paul,

You're correct. And if someone can pay a dishonest person to say whatever they want, someone else can pay a dishonest person to mislabel.

After all, both are just different forms of lying.
    Mar 23, 2015. 02:32 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    Hi Barry,

Not in full agreement with your statement ...."..... so really any test applied to the finished product is irrelevant....."

The test may be flawed (I don't know) but it is not irrelevant. At the least it is an indicator that is very effective as a screening tool ... suggesting more in depth testing.

So ... questionable?...yes ... irrelevant ? ... no.
    Mar 23, 2015. 02:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Is Evil [View article]
    Hi Shawn,

........"...... People can't even win cases against cigarette companies........."

I think you should do some research. Maybe if you spent less time sniffing Irish Spring you'd find out how far wrong this statement is.
    Mar 23, 2015. 12:44 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators: Going To The Source: Air Resource Board [View article]
    Hi eric,

Thanks for a very informative link.

I'm not in agreement with ..."....we may have different conclusions...." only because I have reached no conclusions.

I'm still searching for the information that asserts/rebuts the Chinese factory.

I will admit, I have my SUSPICIONS, but certainly no conclusions.
    Mar 23, 2015. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment