Regarded Solutions

View Regarded Solutions' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Retirement Strategy: Is Now The Time To Buy The Dips? [View article]
    Chowder is correct, there are other ways to pick a purchase price. Firstly, many just starting out for the long haul should select the stocks that fir their investment goal. Price should come secondary to fundamentals and what the company offers shareholders.

As I have said in the article, the sooner money is put to work, the sooner your income will flow. That being said, I have used so many different methods to select a buy price, that just about ever single one is never going to be perfect. NEVER. I boiled this approach down about 12 years ago when I noticed that the stocks I happen to like move in channels, and those channels are a series of waves between highs and lows.

I wanted a way to know when I could add to my core holdings, already knowing that the company I wanted shares in fit my criteria for long term investing.

I had zero questions about a company when I bought for my DGI goal for the long haul.....but I wanted a simple way to execute further buys of the same stocks that I already knew I was going to own in some form or fashion for my retirement years.

Fair value, book value, PE are all excellent ways to define a buying period. For my needs, I already know that these companies will be just fine to own, and I hardly ever look at metrics anymore unless there are fundamental shifts within a company to ponder my next move. Even in market down turns, with the cash I have always suggested to keep aside for long term expense emergencies, like the crisis in 2007-09, I am not going to sell the best companies from my portfolio completely anyway. Although trimming positions is something that can work towards creating additional dry powder.

I keep it simple because simple does work....plus I listen to conference calls...all of them. That being said, if a new company strikes my fancy, it is back to basic fundamentals and plenty of DD.

There are no cookie cutter approaches to investing. What works for me might not be right for you, but to have the foundation and the knowledge to use to make some informed decisions for yourself, no matter where they come from, is more than valuable, it is essential.
    Apr 14 03:55 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: Is Boring Becoming Bubbly? [View article]
    Can I get those LPs cheap? Like maybe a falafel or two?

Thanks Richard and kudos on getting you issue fixed....good to see.
    Apr 11 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: Is Boring Becoming Bubbly? [View article]
    I think deflation will be more of a concern for many years to come. BUT I also would love some 6% CDs for 5 years.
    Apr 11 10:59 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: Is Boring Becoming Bubbly? [View article]
    Yep, should have mentioned that.
    Apr 11 10:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: Is Boring Becoming Bubbly? [View article]
    Sorry you see it that way....I think we can learn from all vantage points....but we still love ya, no matter what anyone else says.
    Apr 11 10:56 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America Still Does Not Cut The Mustard [View article]
    money is money their record stinks......seriously.
    Apr 11 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: Want To Own A Bank Stock For Income? Wells Fargo Will Pay You Nicely [View article]
    no JPM, no BAC......wait for WFC to come back
    Apr 11 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America Still Does Not Cut The Mustard [View article]
    Banks are not a place to wish and hope right now.....unless they pay shareholders to wait.

BAC will keep dipping.

Interest rates and lending are not working in BACs favor.

Merrill is a joke in the industry. 45% accuracy.....but they do have plenty of clients....for now.
    Apr 11 07:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America Still Does Not Cut The Mustard [View article]
    As a point of interest, I would suggest that investors in BAC read the plethora of blah opinions by professional research analysts.

The stock is lucky to have a neutral rating.

check out starmine if you wont take my word for it.

"fools and their money, soon part ways."

Everyone can whoop and holler when this stock goes up but what will you do if the s**t hits the fan?

Want a bank stock? WFC is the best.
    Apr 9 11:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America Still Does Not Cut The Mustard [View article]
    by the way, merril is a joke. but for the BAC fan club, i guess it goes with the stock. Cant wait for them to downgrade BAC to neutral like the majority of analysts.
    Apr 9 11:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America Still Does Not Cut The Mustard [View article]
    some paid 6 years ago. youre simply fortunate.
    Apr 9 11:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    yep, I made some corrections in the article content to note the issues you correctly brought up, but the charts miss the March pricing.
    Apr 9 11:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America Still Does Not Cut The Mustard [View article]
    well have fun then.
    Apr 9 07:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    well stated and your position desrves merit and consideration. I am of the belief that WFC will continue to outperform BAC and that BAC will continue to have issues. Of course they are making money! Even I can do that with ZIRP and just being a bank, but over the near, intermeditae term I simlpy feel BAC is not worth new money when WFC is.

It just wouldnt be fun to have everyone love BAC all the time forever, without even a nod to the dark side. That being said, I made money in BAC when it was easy, now it is not and might just get more difficult.....so why should I own a stock that pays me a punty amount when I can own a better one that pays me quite nicely?

Thanks for a cogent comment.
    Apr 9 07:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America Still Does Not Cut The Mustard [View article]
    it is a little odd that whenever I write about BAC it moves to green....maybe I should get some sort of commission to write more about it? ;)
    Apr 9 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment