Regarded Solutions

View Regarded Solutions' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    It made sense to me too, but hey other folks seem to simply not like what I am saying. Which basically refutes a myth that some people believe they must need a pro to tell them what to do...for a fee of course.

There are times when I do not understand why people want to DIE rich rather than LIVE rich, or as rich as possible. To leave money to kids they can always buy some term life insurance!
    Dec 9 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    Even an old regular guy can learn something. Many thanks.
    Dec 8 04:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    thanks so much Yellow, this is what it is all about.
    Dec 8 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    actually I have found all of the original purchase prices from the beginning which I will place within another article. That would clarify all of that.
    Dec 8 03:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    actually LNCO is a common stock. It was set up to own shares in LINE so that it can pay dividends without issues.
    Dec 8 03:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    Youre correct, my error., based on my allocations and purchase prices the yield is 4.6% is the current yield. For example I have owned T at almost 6.2% and GE at a tad over 4%, etc.

Thanks for pointing that out.
    Dec 8 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    it can work
    Dec 8 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    Small, have I told you how much I adore you!!!! Youre real life experience's that you so generously share with everyone makes what I am trying to do, very worthwhile.

As you can see from some comments from above, I step on the toes of the professional planners who make money from regular folks like me and you.

I do not subscribe to their methods, as much as they do not want to believe that the best way to live a secure life is to live beneath ones means.

They skip over that part in my articles and pick out what they feel bites them in the wallet. REGULAR FOLKS DO NOT NEED TO PAY FOR GOOD ADVICE.

They can nitpick about withdrawl rates by a percent or so, and give their opinions like everyone else, but sit down in front of one, and you will pay for them to tell you something. They want clients, because THEY want a secure retirement. As much as they rant about fiduciary requirements to clients, they will care MORE about their own needs than ours.

Keep your expenses below your income. Then read the article again folks. What Small says, is the way to live long and prosper.
    Dec 8 01:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    BKCC is a BDC, KFN is an LLC that gives a K-1. I assume youre referring to both.
    Dec 8 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    personal choices are still fine, until the government gets in the way!
    Dec 8 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    I hate getting bogged down in double talk. I think anyone can understand what I am saying.
    Dec 8 12:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    He might have to.
    Dec 8 12:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    Youre not taking into account the dividend winning stocks that have grown for up to 60 consecutive years. I would also argue that it is very unlikely that low interest rates from either end of the yield curve, disappear anytime soon. Over the long haul, DGI investing will continue to offer the best path for a more secure financial future.
    Dec 8 12:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    I have seen that and feel that a 2/3 success rate with prudent investing and monitoring is completely acceptable. That study does not take into full account increased dividends (ie: DGI) which I will maintain can be very successful at mitigating the circumstances that opinion has. That being said, we are still LESS than a full 9% and that would tweak YOUR assumptions up into the 75% range anyway.
    Dec 8 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Long Will Your Portfolio Last? [View article]
    Hi Wayne, as I get older I get more conservative also. It is an age thing if i can remember.
    Dec 8 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment