Retail Maven

View Retail Maven's Comments BY TICKER:
    Nico:

Because of limited ownership it’s unlikely for Sprint to jump to speculative values. I believe that Sprint’s value will grow proportionately to its financial performance, and that the turn-around from its past has begun. My article tells why.

I am vested in Sprint for gradual long-term gain that outperforms other telecom.

You correctly see that Sprint is not an equity, which will draw the attention of large investors, and for this very reason the need for liquidity is why Mr. Son cannot take Sprint private (or should I say more private than he has,)

Look at what Softbank is:

An organization that holds assets of which its share of value is greater than Softbank, itself. Its assets, even if one removes Alibaba, are almost uncountable. This is reminiscent of when 3-Com owned most of Palm Pilot stock, which was worth almost twice the value of 3-Com. Softbank is waiting for eventual payout. They have no advantage to change their investment now nor any history of a large amount of privatizing any of their thousands of investments.

Another reason for Sprint to remain as it is:

Sprint’s management, which is heavily vested in its stock would be quickly gone if their investment suffered. Sprint’s success along with Softbank's profit is dependent upon careful management of its future.

May 5, 2015. 09:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • J.C. Penney: Shorting The Common Shares While Long Preferred [View article]
    Elephant:

Congratulations at reaching 666 followers.

Apr 26, 2015. 03:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    hool:

2231 years ago Hannibal, the great Carthaginian general , who was displaced in a land far off from his home, led his army of 50,000 to defeat the larger 80,000 man army of the Roman Republic at the battle of Cannae, causing loses of between 60,000 and 70,000 men.

Since that day I no longer think.

Apr 6, 2015. 08:53 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    just:

Here's a reply provide by asking you a circuitous question. This is the only way I know how to answer your comment.

You may be right or may be wrong, but you have not given a reason for you to be either to be.

Whe did AT&T ovver 39B for T-Mobile in 2011?

Apr 1, 2015. 09:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi MSF:

You would never catch AT&T's chief saying anything about a merger between T-Mobile and Sprint. Randall Stephenson was there in 2011 when AT&T offered $39B for T-Mobile. He is also too smart to become in such speculation.

Glenn Lurie, the CEO of AT&T mobility is new, and does not seem to understand the underlying politics of telecom. Otherwise he would not have said:

"What's good for the industry is competition, period," he said in an interview at AT&T's wireless headquarters here. "Customers deserve and need choice. Customers deserve to have competition."

Doesn't he remember the year 2011. Probably not, he must have been talking on his I-phone.

Will T-Mobile attempt to merge with Sprint? I have not yet been elevated to seeing the future, but if a relationship did occur its form would be an arms length purchase of T-Moblie by M. Son, who is not now in a position to do so.

I wonder what our regulators would think about this?

Mar 31, 2015. 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    sbuonomo:

I'm awaiting the day patiently when they will announce its completion. My Sprint will rise and fall a bit before then, but like you I am sitting back.

Mar 27, 2015. 02:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MSM:

I did mean Sprint. Up too late last night.

Mar 27, 2015. 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MSF:

If the auction goes well for Standard you will see interest change. If not all interest will slow.

You are correct that large investors stay shy of organizations that are controlled in such large proportion as Son with RS.

Mar 27, 2015. 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    derf:

I don't approve of running anyone out of business any more that I would wish nasty commentators to be banned from my articles.

What makes America great is that we have freedom to do what we wish, and if we go to far we must pay a penalty. Of course there are those who never pay. That's what the next world is for; to catch those whom society has overlooked and have them pay their due.

The large asset that Radio Shack has is the ability to go out of business. The capability exists to sell $2M per original store, more than $8B sales and have $800M remaining in profits. The profits would never appear where the casual onlooker could perceive them. If Standard or Salus is missing this opportunity I would be surprised. Of course merchandise must be added to stores to reach this volume.

After the sale is over the leases would still be somewhat intact so that the organization might continue with a slightly modified name. GOB sales are controlled by localities, especially with addition of merchandise, but the rules are is easily overridden by a bankruptcy judge.

What I say sounds like a fantasy, but I describe the reality of American business.

I suspect that the arrangement between Standard and Salus has been concluded. Businesses doesn't run well as a poker game. Cooperation creates the greatest gains.

As usual your opinion is first rate.

This is the 100th posting on this article, and I must cease answering otherwise I won't get my tasks completed.

Next week I will begin writing again. I might reverse my decision to avoid telecom because I have now learned a little about it, mostly taught and prompted by you. A am now an investor in Sprint so I have first hand reason for keep my eye sharply watchful.

Mar 27, 2015. 12:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    derf:

We know your real function is a seer because you see the sub-text of events that we speak of such as employees' loss of jobs at Radio Shack as part of the complex future facing Sprint.

How could you possible imagine that Salus might affect employment at Radio Shack? Is it because you heard the scuttle that Salus finally shut down Tandy Brands Accessories in an attempt to recover their $29M financing loan?

I remember from my high school Latin that 'Salus' means wellbeing. So everything will be alright.

It's probably just a coincidence that Radio Shack was once known as the Tandy Corporation and that both Radio Shack and Tandy Brand Accessories owed big money to Salus.

I hope that Judge Shannon does his homework well.

The study of finance is so difficult.

Mar 26, 2015. 09:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MSF:

If I knew why I would own the world.

PS: Sprint is very much like a bear that has arisen from its winter hibernation., And that's no bull.

The Radio Shack venture is now very much like the spring mist. There is no reason for it to further influence Sprint stock price until the deal is inked and first group of stores are in operation. Network improvements plans are not clear.

Sprint is certainly going to develop its network. What we must see is how much and how fast. Sprint spark is a killer application to the other three networks, ---IF--- Sprint can integrate voice and data usage at the same time, and I again say ---IF---. It is now available in about 60 large markets. Switching to Spark in these alone will be a large blow to VZ and T.

Most important to Sprints future is promotion, and promotion that will utilize its Radio Shack venture. The promotion has already begun. It is spectacular. Just look-

A bit of patience is what one needs if they are now investing in Sprint. I am a very impatient person, yet I purchased a large amount of Sprint a few days back at $5.01

I must learn that sometimes waiting for results is not such a bad thing.

If you come upon the answer to your question please tell me. I think that you should keep 70% of the world, and I hope that you will consider the remaining 30% as commission to me for leading you to think about the question in the first place.

Mar 26, 2015. 05:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    MSF:

More sellers than buyers.

Mar 26, 2015. 11:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    chomg:

We are not speaking the same language. I do not know what you are talking about, and I'm certain that you feel the same.

Mar 25, 2015. 08:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi chong:

You have my wrong! The biggest complaint that I receive is not being technical enough.

Of course you have right to express your opinions. That's why I write;to hear opinions, and to learn from them.

I'm worried, not for me but for you when you tell that one may limit investment losses.

Remember that your second comment was sent to me as a challenge. I did not attempt to challenge you in return rather I tried to convey why I believe what I write about. Read my replies again. I hope you get a better sense of what I am trying to say.

It's only a penny a hit. I calculate my wage rate at about $2.47 an hour, not counting comments. If I throw in the comments it drops to $1.18 per hour.

Mar 25, 2015. 02:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    rat:

Sprint is very narrowly focused. They have enough projects to busy them for awhile.

Mar 25, 2015. 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment