Axion Power's IPO Crash: An Opportunity To Buy?
- AXPW shares were quickly more than cut in half after Axion's NASDAQ up-listing & equity public offering, compared to their pre-offering trading price on the OTC exchange.
- Trend-riding shorts likely amplified the fall which seemed triggered by a potentially very dilutive surprise provision added to the B warrants in the last minute of offering negotiations.
- While in theory the dilution potential of the B warrants is unlimited, as a practical matter the worst case is probably in the 50-60% neighborhood and unlikely at that.
Why I Upped My Gold Short: My Market Outlook
- The reason for gold's meteoric rise of the last ten years is clearly the fear of fiat currency's demise, which is completely overblown.
- The price of gold should rise roughly along with inflation, not way beyond it. Ironically, gold is one of the most inflated items. Thus gold still needs to correct.
- With every anemic and failed rally in the gold price, the conviction of gold bugs gets more shaken.
- The pendulum that is gold mania should sooner or later swing to gold panic, creating an entry point for longs well under $1000 per ounce and perhaps closer to $500.
- Due to the above bullet points, shorting $1300/oz gold is not as risky as shorting normally would be.
- Chesapeake Granite Wash Trust Revisited
- Chesapeake Granite Wash Trust Is A Strong Buy, Part II
- Chesapeake Granite Wash Trust Is A Strong Buy, Part I
- Roundy's Stock May Pop After Earnings Are Announced
- Roundy's: Go Long Now As Institutional Selling Seems Done
- Double Up Now For Future Tax Decisions?
- Finding A True Value For Gold And Silver: Part I
- The Inflation Hedge Trade: Not Just A Precious Metals Vs. Paper Question
- Gold Is Overvalued: Fundamentals Say 'Bubble'
- Deficit Commission Report Overlooks Biggest Plus for U.S. Fiscal Future
- Gold Supply Potentially Gigantic: In and Above Ground Gold Reserves
- Why Gold Is In A Bubble