Retired Aviator

View Retired Aviator's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    It's possible Gesang has aspirations to control Axion and take it private but I think he'd be better off to just own a big chunk and have public shareholders as partners. I think that there's a truly great story in PbC and what it can do for green energy and when the public figures that out it could really run with the stock price. Great for Gesang. Also great for future financings (PLUG got down to 12 cents a share but then exploded 100 fold within a year, enabling them to do a public offering, fully subscribed, at over $5.00 a share!) If Axion is privately held though the immense benefit of any public euphoria would be lost.
    Jul 29, 2015. 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    All nonsense and speculation. It's also interesting that 100% of what you come up with to post is negative and usually exaggerated fear-mongering.

A. Chinese market crash. So what? LCB is a private equity firm that has no stock price. Private equity by definition is a group that is sitting on a big pile of money looking to invest it. So the idea that the money isn't there any more is foolish.

B. C. & D. Once again you reveal you don't know what you are talking about. The 2 million shares for LCB are *Preferred* Stock which is a completely different animal from Common Stock. The market price of the Common means absolutely nothing to the Preferred. The impact to the deal will be zero no matter where the Common's market price goes.
    Jul 29, 2015. 12:54 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    Bob> It appears to me that since LCB seems very interested in owning equity in Axion's future that Gesang may understand that screwing Axion shareholders would not be in his own interest longer term. IOW since he will have his hands full setting up PbC in China, it is in his own interest for Axion to be investable for others to help make it a success in the rest of the world.

If LCB's terms are draconian that would effectively handicap Axion's ability to raise more funds later, have a respectable stock price (which is very much in Gesang's direct interest), and focus on the selling and development of PbCs and forging new partnerships.

The LOI seems reasonable to me while still giving LCB a call option on AXPW that will pay off enormously should PbC begin to take market share on any other continent. To put a stranglehold on the terms in final negotiations would risk hurting Axion's future globally and thus himself.

I was glad to see that the conversion price on the Note and Preferred were locked in prior to the LOI announcement. Strikes me as a show of good faith as finding a way to game the conversion price through formulas is an area where crafty people find fertile ground. (He should be ecstatic with the conversion rate he got as it was based on the share price at its absolute nadir in the 2 1/2 years I've followed the stock.)

In sum, Gesang would be wise to own a somewhat smaller piece of a pie that is free to grow rapidly and thrive than to own a very dominant piece of pie that suffers somewhat constrained growth.
    Jul 28, 2015. 11:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    "The sheer number of wildly inaccurate statements, delivered nonetheless with apparent intelligence and authority, strongly suggests an evil intention to mislead"

I read the man's articles and comments for two years and you've got me scratching my head over this. I'm calling you out. Let's see some examples that involved misrepresentation of fact.

I'm not talking about his mere opinions about certain things like that OTC was a "ghetto" and NASDAQ was going to be a place where AXPW would get proper respect. I never believed it myself and I said so on APC. That type of thing is obviously just one man's opinion that any investor should IMO see as such.

I relied on JP for information on the PbC's capabilities, information on certain things about the energy storage sector, some number crunching and analysis of Axion's financings and other agreements, historical information on Axion the company, certain legalities including Securities law, and other matters of fact. I cannot remember him being just wrong on any of those matters.

Where he was wrong was in his prognostications about markets (that Axionistas wouldn't sell but would buy; same with institutions once we got on NASDAQ). But so what? Investors should always take market predictions with a huge dose of salt. If readers cannot discern the difference between matters of opinion and matters of fact then probably stock picking is not for them.
    Jul 28, 2015. 04:07 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    Edmund> I'm not on a 'mission' to defend anyone. When I think comments are skewed away from objective observation and truth I simply express my own opinion and make my case. If others see JP as a snake oil guy then so be it. I just don't think they make a great case so I'm certainly not convinced.

Did he have any agenda at all? Sure, probably. He wrote extensively spreading the word about his former company that needed the word spread badly. I'm sure he wanted the stock to go up and hoped his writing would propel it.

Yes he trimmed his large position along the way but do you even realize that the fact that he was honest about trimming his position says a lot? If he had lied and claimed he never sold a share nobody could have possibly found out (without getting a look at his brokerage statements). Wouldn't a dishonest pumper have lied about his own selling, probably even saying that he was buying?
    Jul 28, 2015. 12:02 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    You don't get it. I'm not saying he did or didn't mislead intentionally. His accusers do. But they don't make a convincing case, just bush league claims that they in fact know that his intent all along was to mislead. Baloney.

Perhaps he believed every word he said about the stock poised to rise. Personally I think he did. But since it's uncertain I don't paste my opinion ad nauseum on message boards as if it were fact.

The cashless conversion clause turned the stock into a toxic hot potato once it became clear that supply was in fact overwhelming demand in the market. Had there been no such clause there would have been no flooding of shares into the market and no ultimate printing of the extra 120 million shares to add on to the 7 million post IPO float.

So the B's cc clause clearly was why the stock crashed from $3 to 3 cents in a matter of months. Holding JP responsible as if he should have foreseen that clause is ludicrous.

Further, dollar trading volume exploded for weeks upon the announcement of the LCB deal. That kind of money pouring into the market prior to "B Day" on Feb 23 would have surely supported the stock price enormously. Multiplied it perhaps.

If you don't believe me compute a typical day's volume X median price = dollar volume for June (post LCB) and then go back for January or February. IOW had the LCB LOI happened 6 months earlier it seems very likely that the stock slide would have reversed strongly into a price climb where the B's cashless conversion feature would have been rendered pretty much harmless.

All of this was unforeseeable by JP or any mortal. Gesang or any of a number of other players could have announced a deal 6 months earlier that would have destroyed the B warrant game. Then no price implosion (because no looming share printing) and no reverse split.
    Jul 28, 2015. 02:43 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    It wouldn't matter if you found ten optimistic price predictions going back years into JP's writing. They would represent well under 1% of the volume of his work. Much of that work unlike his critics' rants involved real research into objective facts and data that he developed into arguments about the PbC as a device, or about Axion. If you want to convincingly say that the emperor never had any clothes you need to attack his arguments not merely a couple of his conclusions. I don't think you can do it.

I'm open to the idea that JP may have misled people knowingly but the accusers sure make a really lousy case of it. Just bush league stuff like he said the stock would explode but then it did the exact opposite. As if he had a crystal ball about the last two financings. Or what potential customers were thinking.
    Jul 27, 2015. 06:12 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    I think the current $1.60ish is a great long term entry point so I've been buying. At a float of 3.5 million shares post B conversions that gives a market cap of just $5.6 million. Remarkable given the turn of fortune that the LCB deal represents. Short term anything goes of course.
    Jul 27, 2015. 11:27 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    How thin skinned and hypocritical does one have to be to have this comment deleted, as it just was? http://bit.ly/1S7BvhS
    Jul 27, 2015. 10:33 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    Collateralized borrowing is not "indentured service" LOL. If it were then everybody with a mortgage would be in deep shit. If you make your payments the collateral never comes into play.

LCB is obligating itself to paying $1 million per year plus in royalties by year three and the stream of royalty payments pledged is a game changer in terms of Axion getting better financing terms in the future if financing is needed. Chances are if the Note comes due with not enough cash on hand, and if conversion is not possible, that the Note can be refinanced pretty reasonably. At least FAR more reasonably than recent infusions' terms.
    Jul 27, 2015. 09:41 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    Some people just fear monger endlessly as if they have some kind of disease. Clearly LCB is not being granted hegemonic control of the IP and Axion is free to negotiate other licensing deals outside of the Territory.
    Jul 27, 2015. 09:33 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    I've read John's articles and comments since 2012. Out of many tens of thousands of words you're going to *characterize* him by apparently in a moment of weakness he made a multibagger price prediction in a comment. Grossly, grossly unfair. I never saw it nor anything like it.

What he's said about the PbC and its potential in the energy storage sector I believe to be for the most part correct. Facts he has presented through great diligence of research are not disputed. What he has said though about his *expectations* for Axion shares, PbC sales, and capabilities of management (arguably) have been colossally wrong and he has eaten crow for it.

Overall his ideas have been far better reasoned, better supported and fairer than yours! You merely sound like a broken record on just a few themes. It's hardly edifying to keep stating over and over that lack of insider ownership portends that the stock will not go up.

You've now apparently also hit "Report abuse" and had deleted a comment I made that was critical of your ignorance about SEC filings as an investor. The comment was not that inflammatory nor in bad taste. I pointed out that with 2536 comments to your name you ought to be aware of SEC filings and how to find them. It's not hard.

How about the idea that censorship is a worse evil than hurt feelings every once in a while? I am man enough to not hit "Report abuse" just because someone criticizes me. Let the record stand I say.
    Jul 26, 2015. 01:45 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    Ok. I just don't think it's wise to use the company's website. Third party financial websites are impartial (important!) and are designed to get you ALL the company's SEC filings, not just the ones the company has posted. Many companies are not timely in posting but edgar-online certainly is and they send feeds to brokerages, yahoo, etc quite timely.

As for harsh words, aren't you being hypocritical? You've been inflammatory against John for a long time and don't just stick to the facts in your harsh judgments of him.
    Jul 26, 2015. 02:19 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    "I don't know where Yahoo received its info"

Yahoo does not process a company's SEC filings. Yahoo simply sends you the SEC filing public online access point known as edgar-online.

A company's website is not the ultimate source. Publicly traded companies have some strict requirements for filing documents with the SEC; quarterly filings, annual reports, material events, issuing of securities, etc. The SEC filing requirements carry the weight of law and penalties that are much stricter than whatever a company wants to post on its website.

It can be a tougher slog to read through S-1 filings and so forth but that's where the real meat is. For example, when AXPW shares got clobbered after the IPO last October, losing 1/3 of the $3.25 IPO price on the first day on NASDAQ, a few of us went to the latest S-1 filing with the SEC to learn of the nasty cashless conversion clause being inserted in the deal last minute. The company never announced anything about the cashless conversion until it was running out of authorized shares and halted conversions many months later! But the market knew right away.

I apologize for what you deem a personal attack but not knowing about SEC filings is a major blunder and does not speak well of a seasoned, active investor. Sometimes the truth hurts but I've made major blunders in my life too and took flak aplenty for them.
    Jul 25, 2015. 09:38 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 401: July 10, 2015 [View instapost]
    The document was made public and not without some fanfare so how you can't find it is rather telling. Pull up AXPW on a finance site like yahoo's or google's and look at the SEC filings. I use Ameritrade because it has awesome, robust, functionality but you might have to have a funded account to use their tools. (If anybody wants to open an Ameritrade account they will kick in up to $300 cash bonus plus I'll split my referral bonus of $50 with you)

You should see an 8-K filed in June. In fact that was the 8-k that caused the share price to explode from 3 cents to over 30 within a couple days. The LOI summary details the LCB negotiations.

I don't know whether you invest or trade much but I do full time. I'd suggest that if you want to beat the market you have to have the edge of knowing more than the market does. So I learned long ago to not trust hearsay and 2nd hand chat board info but to go straight to a company's SEC filings. Sarbanes-Oxley makes most companies quite careful about reporting material events and risks there.

One of my early mistakes was buying OWC which was Owens Corning, the maker of the Pink Panther insulation. I had been doing construction work so I was familiar with them having large market share and a high reputation. I found the stock on a low P/E screen and it was trading for like 6 times earnings. I had no idea that litigation was pending over the asbestos mesothelioma claims from 25-30 years earlier back when they had used asbestos. I lost my shirt on that stock and it was my own fault for forming an opinion without looking at source documents. Every 10-Q had in fact had a risk disclosure about the pending litigation but on chat boards at the time nobody was talking about it. The internet was pretty young and so message boards not that well populated or developed. Eventually the settlement wiped shareholders in a reorg though the business was doing just fine the whole time selling insulation etc.
    Jul 25, 2015. 02:29 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment