Ricardo Espinosa

View Ricardo Espinosa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Let Apple's Rally Fill Your Pockets: Weekly Options Part 2 [View article]
    Exactly, I do think after using this strategy for some time, you see that there are fewer strategies that compete with the level of safety and reward you can get. And I do agree monthlies are way less risky, as you can close your position and roll it with more time, but for me, weeklies have worked wonders, that´s why I decided to start posting these weekly articles.
    I currently don´t like AAPL´s IV (for selling), hopefully volatility will return next week.
    Nov 22 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let Apple's Rally Fill Your Pockets: Weekly Options Part 2 [View article]
    I will wait for Monday to post my next trade, I did rolled them closer (545/550 and 570/575 weeklies, but closed them yesterday 5 minutes before the bell, great theta decay).
    I expect some downside to fill the gap left around 535, but not tomorrow, hopefully we will get that move on Monday and get it over with so we can trade that. The risk is now to the downside for next week, contrary to this week´s upside risk that we avoided by waiting until Monday´s huge move.
    Nov 22 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let Apple's Rally Fill Your Pockets: Weekly Options Part 2 [View article]
    If they´re option spreads, it wouldn´t matter because there´s no extra margin requirement as you are not selling "naked" calls or puts.
    However, I don´t know what the minimum requiments are for trading options with your broker.
    Nov 22 05:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let Apple's Rally Fill Your Pockets: Weekly Options Part 2 [View article]
    Nicely done Seto, I already closed my AAPL short put spread, waiting for lower prices as the 562 fibonacci support didn´t hold at the close today.
    Nov 20 03:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let Apple's Rally Fill Your Pockets: Weekly Options Part 2 [View article]
    Great contribution, I´ll make it my pick of the day.
    Nov 20 02:24 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let Apple's Rally Fill Your Pockets: Weekly Options Part 2 [View article]
    Go for it, good luck with poker.
    Nov 20 02:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Let Apple's Rally Fill Your Pockets: Weekly Options Part 2 [View article]
    How many weekly calls did you buy?
    Nov 20 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting With Weekly Options: Time Is On Your Side [View article]
    Exactly, today was a great example of it, many caught short.
    Nov 19 04:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting With Weekly Options: Time Is On Your Side [View article]
    Because of the probabilities of a "face-ripping" rally, with AAPL leading the way might cause trouble on those short call spreads, but we will get a better price tomorrow, I´m currenently writing the next article, stay tuned.
    Nov 18 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting With Weekly Options: Time Is On Your Side [View article]
    Of course, but on Sunday I saw an upwards bounce as more of a risk than a sustained downturn, tomorrow is the day of truth. If it wasn´t this oversold, I would´ve placed a bear call spread to get more credit.
    Nov 15 05:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting With Weekly Options: Time Is On Your Side [View article]
    I´ve used this strategy for some time but the strategy´s profits have been around a triple so far, as I don´t allocate all my portfolio to this strategy.
    I have no stop-losses as I don´t like playing with my "cards open" for machines to break them, only "mental" stop-losses, when the spread goes in the money, it´s time to either close or roll, for this week, no problems yet as AAPL currently is around 525.
    Nov 15 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting With Weekly Options: Time Is On Your Side [View article]
    For this week, the short put spread gave more credit, for next week, I will see if an iron condor or a one-side out-of-the-money short spread is more worth the risk.
    Nov 15 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An eye-opener, domestic equity funds had $30B in outflows in October, according to a Goldman report (as reported by Raj Dhaliwal). It's the largest amount of the year, and represents one-third of all of 2011's outflows. Bond funds had their biggest inflows of the year - $44B against an average $32B. (see credit risk "euphoria"[View news story]
    Great contrarian sign, big outflows tend to happen at the worst times for investor´s portfolios, then they miss a rally and so on. I´m covering my short positions tomorrow morning.
    Nov 12 05:14 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup (C) is fined $2M by Massachusetts' top securities regulator, who says the bank violated the law when an analyst emailed confidential information regarding Citi's views on Facebook ahead of the IPO. Citi says it is happy to have the matter resolved (for $2M). [View news story]
    I wouldn´t even waste my time as a "top securities regulator" suing Citigroup for 2 millions
    Oct 26 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GDP Q3 (1st estimate): +2.0% vs. +1.9% consensus, +1.3% previous. [View news story]
    Obama has nothing to do with it. He´s going to lose the puppet election by the way.
    Oct 26 09:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment