Ricardo Espinosa

View Ricardo Espinosa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Profiting With Weekly Options: Time Is On Your Side [View article]
    I´ve used this strategy for some time but the strategy´s profits have been around a triple so far, as I don´t allocate all my portfolio to this strategy.
    I have no stop-losses as I don´t like playing with my "cards open" for machines to break them, only "mental" stop-losses, when the spread goes in the money, it´s time to either close or roll, for this week, no problems yet as AAPL currently is around 525.
    Nov 15, 2012. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting With Weekly Options: Time Is On Your Side [View article]
    For this week, the short put spread gave more credit, for next week, I will see if an iron condor or a one-side out-of-the-money short spread is more worth the risk.
    Nov 15, 2012. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An eye-opener, domestic equity funds had $30B in outflows in October, according to a Goldman report (as reported by Raj Dhaliwal). It's the largest amount of the year, and represents one-third of all of 2011's outflows. Bond funds had their biggest inflows of the year - $44B against an average $32B. (see credit risk "euphoria"[View news story]
    Great contrarian sign, big outflows tend to happen at the worst times for investor´s portfolios, then they miss a rally and so on. I´m covering my short positions tomorrow morning.
    Nov 12, 2012. 05:14 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup (C) is fined $2M by Massachusetts' top securities regulator, who says the bank violated the law when an analyst emailed confidential information regarding Citi's views on Facebook ahead of the IPO. Citi says it is happy to have the matter resolved (for $2M). [View news story]
    I wouldn´t even waste my time as a "top securities regulator" suing Citigroup for 2 millions
    Oct 26, 2012. 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GDP Q3 (1st estimate): +2.0% vs. +1.9% consensus, +1.3% previous. [View news story]
    Obama has nothing to do with it. He´s going to lose the puppet election by the way.
    Oct 26, 2012. 09:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Buy Bank Of America At A Discount And Generate Income Using Options [View article]
    Thanks drone, I hope it helped somebody get shares at a discount and now go into the covered call part of the strategy.
    Oct 24, 2012. 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reviewing Piotroski's F-Score: Method, Results, And 10 Stock Ideas [View article]
    The table you are referring to is from June 2012, values must, of course, have changed regarding P/Book, but it must not be difficult to find, then you can apply the Piotroski´s method to find out what score they have, hope it helped, I will be writing an article on an updated list and more detailed analysis.
    Oct 9, 2012. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The financial (XLF) and healthcare (XLV) sectors were the big winners this week, both adding to their gains relative to the S&P YTD. Another YTD outperformer, tech (XLK) combined with energy (XLE) to be the weakest sectors this week as both Apple (post-iPhone 5) and oil (post-QE∞) can't shake their hangovers. The defensive utility area (XLU) - which had a big (and worrying to some) run from mid-Spring to mid-Summer - continues to lose ground to the broader market. [View news story]
    When market leaders become laggers, get some hedges. AAPL closing below its 50dma is not a good sign for overall market, dragging Nazzie with it.
    Oct 6, 2012. 11:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Stocks Can Move Significantly Higher [View article]
    Loved the video (talk a bit louder tho), great reasons for the bullish risk assets/bearish TLT and bonds in general (since I´m more of a technical trader than fundamental, as fundamentals tend to play out in very long periods of time). This week will prove if the QE guys got their hopes of for nothing, I´ll be selling when SPX is around 1500, going full-on bearish.
    Sep 8, 2012. 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eurobonds Are Outperforming U.S. Bonds [View article]
    Great article, I agree with you on the short-term fall of the U.S. bonds, technicals also point at a fall of TLT over the next couple of weeks, price action is very bearish for TLT.
    Sep 7, 2012. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors have pulled $347B out of stock mutual funds over the past 3 years, according to ConvergEx. There's risk-aversion of course, says Nick Colas, but the aging population - favoring income over growth - may be at play. Equity ETFs - possibly representing a younger demographic - have added $94B during the same time frame. [View news story]
    Bullish. When investors put money into mutual funds is when we have to worry, as they usually chase rallies and hold the bag at the top.
    Sep 7, 2012. 12:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TGIF: Stop The Rally, We Want To Get Off [View article]
    This rally still has room to go, but I´d bet more on the fall of TLT (already did yesterday at market open), I´ll start taking bullish bets off once we go above 1450.
    Sep 7, 2012. 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is Not An Inflection Point For Europe [View article]
    The euro is an interesting experiment, giving the really powerful an idea of how a world currency and government would be implemented. We are, of course, not even close to ready. But you can´t let an experiment fail, can you? It´s better you take a page from "Helicopter Ben"´s playbook and start giving free money to everyone, devaluating the euro is a small price to pay for the experiment to go on. How to invest? Hard to tell how much of these purchases have been baked into the Spanish stock market, but I´ll keep looking at TEF and SAN.
    Sep 4, 2012. 11:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Do Or Die Time For SPY: Big Move Coming [View article]
    Because of the low volatility, there is lower premium for out-of the money options. The only one I´d recommend is if it is in-the-money...I actually have a 138/141 Sep short call spread, got almost $2.10 for it, will look to buy back around $1.
    Aug 15, 2012. 05:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Consequences Of Financial Repression [View article]
    Great article, very interesting read and I do share many of your conclusions, well done sir.
    Aug 14, 2012. 10:02 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment