Richard Bloch

View Richard Bloch's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Massive Volume In VIX Fund, But Contango Persists [View article]
    Thank you Bizfinder.

To be more accurate the fund can go up on certain days or weeks even if the volatility term structure is in contango (generally when the contango is narrowing), but its value ebbs away over time.

And yes, that's because backwardation is not the normal state for the volatility term structure -- and rarely lasts for very long.
    May 7 09:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Does This Hedge ETF Give You An Edge? [View article]
    And thank you for reading. Appreciate it.
    May 6 06:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Massive Volume In VIX Fund, But Contango Persists [View article]
    Thanks Nico (for both the comment and the link)
    May 6 06:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Tale Of 2 Crude Oil ETFs [View article]
    Hi Ben: The first four charts are from Stockcharts.. The last two charts I made on my own from individual contract data provided by Wikiposit.
    Dec 7 01:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ultra VIX Fund A 'Top-30' ETF As Volatility Contango Narrows [View article]
    Very well said EW
    Nov 1 07:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ultra VIX Fund A 'Top-30' ETF As Volatility Contango Narrows [View article]
    I wish I could "create the VIX future term structure" myself. That would be fun :)

But as for the *charts*, yes I create them myself (and that's fun too)
    Oct 30 12:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ultra VIX Fund A 'Top-30' ETF As Volatility Contango Narrows [View article]
    Thank you untrusting. Appreciate it.
    Oct 29 04:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Emerging Market ETFs: Big Shift On The Way [View article]
    Yes, that index does appear to include Korea.
    Oct 22 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Emerging Market ETFs: Big Shift On The Way [View article]
    I've noticed small differences in this (and other ETFs) as well that you'd think would be identical except for the expense ratio.

One issue could be that the expense ratios may have been different over time. Another is that while each fund "seeks" to track an index, the fund holdings are sometimes slightly different from one ETF to the next.

Thanks for pointing that out, though.
    Oct 22 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Emerging Market ETFs: Big Shift On The Way [View article]
    Thanks tallguyz. Appreciate the comment.
    Oct 22 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Active Bear ETF Managers Are Getting Even More Bearish [View article]
    Thanks for the links Manuel.
    Oct 15 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Open Interest Explodes: Sets All-Time Highs [View article]
    Not sure about intraday or day-to-day performance, but some portfolio/money managers may want to be locking in gains for the year (since that's how they're judged). For many of these managers, AAPL probably represents a large holding since it's up a lot this year. So if I were a portfolio manager and I wanted to lighten up, I'd look at AAPL too given that it's a very liquid stock.
    Oct 12 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Open Interest Explodes: Sets All-Time Highs [View article]
    Appreciate it, ubeenfranked and chrisguns521.
    Oct 12 08:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Open Interest Explodes: Sets All-Time Highs [View article]
    When I did my calculations, the recent high in OI was only about 60,000 contacts higher than in March/April
    Oct 11 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Open Interest Explodes: Sets All-Time Highs [View article]
    Thanks Travis -- and KenNagle above. Appreciate it.
    Oct 11 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment